31 Years Old Cheek Augumentation for Youth Preservation with 2 (now 3) Doses of Voluma. UPDATE: Has not lasted long :(

I tried Juvederm 10 months ago and loved it, but...

I tried Juvederm 10 months ago and loved it, but it was wearing off, so I needed to once again deal with the slight beginning of signs of aging. This time I decided to try Voluma in my cheeks because it lasts 2 years they say, and that is a better cost/ per day value . At first I got 1 syringe of it, and was delighted to literally feel and see a lift, but in a few hours I realized I would need a little more to get the nasiolabial folds to go away. I went back for the 2nd syringe the next day, and that was really the look I was hoping for!

At age 31 my face looks close to the volume I once had naturally in my early 20's. It makes me feel pretty to not have "hound dog face" any more.

4 months later, loving it but needing a little more

My original voluma still looks great, but I sleep on my right side, and it is obvious that in selfies the left side of my face looks young, while my right side looks old (I started with it this way, even with 2 syringes divided nicely for both cheeks, the right side is so much flatter)! I have made an appointment for another syringe to place it mostly in the right side. I have become very bothered by that asymmetry. I hate spending the money, but I know myself, and I am not happy if I do not feel pretty. It is worth every penny to not obsess daily about the "old looking" right side.

This is the current picture...

You can see I need more voluma in the right side. My appointment is later this week.

3rd syringe was a good choice!!!

She put most of the 3rd syringe in my right side. This is 4 months after my initial 2 syringes. I feel nothing but happiness from this choice despite the high cost. I live voluma!

It is now July, 6 months after the 3rd syringe - Voluma is NOT lasting!!

I am going to be honest with you... I do not feel like Voluma is lasting in my face very well. My right side is looking deflated again. 3 syringes at $800 a piece... very disappointing that it is not lasting the 2 years like it claims. I am going to explore the option of fat transfer to the face, and I plan to go to Dr. Donath in Cincinnati, Ohio in the near future for a consultation. On the phone they quoted it starts at $2500 but each patient's situation will depend on the cost. That will be better for me than vials of Voluma because I can get far more CC's of fat volume per dollar cost. There would be downtime, but I am willing to do it if it gives me the nice volume I need in order to keep that young healthy look in my aging face.

The photos to go with the previous post

RealSelf had an issue and would not upload my pictures, so I'm trying again. Notice how Voluma is vanishing from my face too soon!

Wonderful.. could not be more pleased.