Finally, getting second tummy tuck to fix the last docs mess!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I actually had a tummy tuck 5 years ago in CT....

I actually had a tummy tuck 5 years ago in CT. Five years later, I am scheduled to have another one but with a different doctor. My story is a bit of a nightmare. Like many others here , I had the typical gross, flabby, loose skin stomachs from childbirth. The loose skin started from the top of my ribs all the way down. Clothes would get stuck in my creases. I have always been so self conscious of it and its hindered me in so many ways for instance, I am a dance teacher and do a lot of jumping around. There's no worse feeling then having your stomach move in the opposite direction. I was constantly having to cover myself up when my shirt started to rise. One of the most uncomfortable things I dealt with is when my clothes would get stuck in the creases or my pants would roll down. I hated this feeling and all these experiences, and still do. How can that be after having a tummy tuck you ask? My doctor gave me a mini instead of a full tummy tuck. You dont need to be a doctor to see that what I needed was a full tuck and absolutely needed my belly button moved. I couldn't have made myself more clear in my consults and emails. He assured me, all my loose skin would be gone and my tummy would be tight. He showed me pictures and we had ample conversations about what I was expecting, including the conversation about moving my belly button. He said he would make the decision about moving it at the time of surgery because I may not need it. I'm not a doctor, I didn't know exactly what that meant. Like all of you, I had faith in him. The procedure I paid for called the revolutionary, minimally invasive tummy tuck. What makes this revolutionary was the fact the procedure is done under local anesthesia and includes tumescent liposuction. In other words, its just like the traditional tummy tuck where the belly button is moved and muscles tightened, except the technique is safer and more effective. Included in my quote was lipo to my hips, back and stomach. All of this..a whopping $14,000. One would think they will be getting the correct procedure for this kind of money, right? Nope, not so much. Things looked great the first day except I complained that the top of my belly seemed a little loose still. He told me he didn't need to move my belly button. Didn't need to move my belly button? Did you see what I looked like?? You dont need to be a doctor to know I needed a full tummy tuck and absolutely needed my belly button to be moved. He brushed me off and told me it would tighten up. As time went on, the looser it looked. Months and months of complaining got me no where except he did offer to return $2000. He refused to fix the problem and there was not much I could do. He made so many excuses. I can not tell you how disappointed and resentful I am. I can not believe how a doctor could take such advantage of their patient. So many people save their money and wait years for an opportunity like this that only comes once in a lifetime. How can a doctor take no accountability but take your money? Not to mention what this experience and disappointment does to a person psychologically. The one positive out of it was he did a good job on the liposuction and I do look much better, with the exception of my stomach...the major procedure I saved up for.

So, five years later, I finally saved up some money and got the guts to do this again. I did my research and decided to go with Dr. Lowney out of Massachusetts. I cant tell you how scared but excited I am! I had my first consult and he confirmed I had a "mini" tuck and that I really needed a full tuck. I forgot to mention, he didn't even tighten my muscles because I "didn't need it". Dr. Lowney will be doing a similar procedure, in that, I will have local anesthesia and it will include tumescent liposuction. He will be addressing my stomach, hips, back and this time I'm adding my arms. Lastly, he is including muscle tightening. Imagine that!

What you see in my pics is my before and after my first tummy tuck. (pics to come)

5 months after tummy tuck

Seriously...they cant find my records?

I'm very excited about my upcoming tummy tuck but given my previous experience, one can understand why I am a little nervous. Well, now I feel some of my anxiety is justified. My new doctor, Dr. Lowney, asked that I have my records transferred to him to review my procedures and the outcome of surgery by my previous doctor, Dr. Marcovici. In contacting Dr. Marcovici's office to retrieve the records, I learned he moved and is practicing from another state and as a result, he sold my records to the new physician who purchased his practice. This is perfectly legal. The problem is this........ the new office cant find my records! Its been over a month and the new practice swears they have been looking diligently and can not find them. I asked they contact Dr. Marcovici to be sure he doesn't still have them. I even called. Apparently, Dr. Marcovici does not have them. So now what? I called my attorney who stated there is no negligence here, that sometimes records go missing. The office is still trying to address the issue, supposedly. I called Dr. Lowney's office and notified them of the issue. They, too, will give the office a call to see if they can have this problem expedited. The reason this is a big deal is, according to Dr. Lowney and other reports, having a second tummy tuck comes with risks due to the scars. I want to make sure Dr. Lowney is fully aware of the specific procedures that were addressed on my body and how to plan ahead. Not asking too much right? So annoying. Even after 5 yrs, this guy is still making my life hell. Ill keep you all posted if I learn anything more.

Scheduled my Consult for Tummy Tuck #2

I wrote back in 2014. I was expecting to have a my tummy tuck redone but things came up, plus I gained weight and also wasn't prepared finacially. Needless to say, I'm ready now. I have my consult this Tuesday with Dr. Lowney and I'm very excited.

Back in 2009, I had a lipoabdominoplasty. Lipo of back, waist, tummy followed by a tummy tuck. I myself happen to be a practioner and made sure to have thorough communication with my last Doctor regarding my expectations and what I was paying for. That didn't matter. He messed me up and didn't give me anything close to what I was expecting. The lipo of my back was the only thing that came out good. Instead of giving me a full tummy tuck, he gave me a mini. When you look at my before pics, you or any human with eyes can see I needed a full tummy tuck. It took me such a long time to save money, all for nothing. We are 7 yrs later and I finally saved my money to get what I originally wanted, and that's a full tummy tuck, lipo of my waist, hips, back and adding my arms this time.

Yes I am nervous but I have been waiting for this for 20 years. Like

Various weights

More recent photos of me at various weights.

Consult today.

I had my consult today! My consult went up 3500.00 from 2 years ago so that definitely stinks. He's been training with "dr Miami". He will be doing a full tummy tuck and lipo 360. Unfortunately lipo of arms has to wait another month after my tummy tuck because it's too much lipo in one day. Surgery is scheduled November 17!

He seemed surprised by my results from the last tummy tuck. I think he understands my expectations. I can't be worried or scared. I did my research and advocated for myself. Time to move forward.

Arm Lipo Connecticut?

Question: my doc is not going to be doing liposuction on my arms as part of my lipo 360 tummy tuck procedure, to minimize too much surgery at once. Rather then going all the back to Massachusetts after I get my surgery in November, I'm just going to find someone local. He says I would need to wait a month after my first surgery. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good plastic surgeon in Connecticut? Anyone who offers good prices?

Wellness check before surgery

Monday is my wellness check with my PCP. I hope everything goes well and I get a thumbs up to move forwards with surgery! I've started losing a few pounds. I'm on the HCG diet, hoping to lose lots of weight quick. Yes I know that's not the healthiest but it's a short-term option to lose as much weight as I can before November 17. November 1 is my pre-op appointment! Yay!

Tips on how to prepare weeks before surgery?

I'd love to hear some tips on best ways to prepare my body for surgery. One person mentioned to void your Bowels as much as possible the day before and to avoid eating solids. This makes perfect sense. I already have issues with going number 2 as it is. Is it advisable to take laxatives? Any other tips? Types of foods and supplements I should be using?

Getting Close to Fixing my Botched Tummy Tuck!

I am so looking forward to my surgery in November (about 7 more weeks) and looking forward to finally putting my botched surgery past behind me! I had a physical today. As soon as my blood work comes in this week, my PCP will be writing a letter supporting I'm in good health and ready for surgery. I took some new pics of my body today so that I can compare pictures when I reach "the other side". Keep in mind, I had a tummy tuck and lipo (back, abdomen) 7 years ago with Dr. Marcovici. He's the doctor that gave me a

half-assed tummy tuck but charged me for a full service. I would love to get my breast done in this up-coming surgery but I can't afford it right now. I would even settle for a lift! As mentioned in a previous post, I was supposed to have my arms lipo-suctioned in this upcoming surgery, however, Dr. Lowney said that's too much lipo in one day. So I'll have to come back a month later. What I may do, is find someone more local to do my arms, after I've begun to heal from this tummy tuck. Idk, we will see what he says.

Recommended Diet 2 Weeks Before Surgery?

I've been faithfully reading posts, in the preparation for my own
surgery that's coming up soon. And I've noticed some people talk about
eating a particular diet before surgery. I hadn't thought about it until
I read why this would be important. I already have trouble with having
regular, normal bowel movements. I don't want to run into an issue when
I'm in pain. What type of diet or types of foods do you all advice, a
few weeks before surgery? Maybe juicing?

Consult for arms through Yale plastic surgery

On Monday, I went for a consult at Yale plastic surgery for liposuction on my arms. I heard that the procedures are less expensive due to it being a training facility. I didn't get a quote yet. They said they will call. I found that strange but idk, I guess that's what they do. Anyhow the resident was very handsome, Dr. Ragh. He said I couldn't do arm lipo until 4-6 months after my last procedure. I was bummed about that. Maybe I can ask Dr. Lowney if he would be willing to do a tiny bit of work on my arms so I don't look so out of proportion. I also don't want to place myself at any risk either so we will see.

10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse Diet

I recently saw posts by a few ladies who talked highly of the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse Diet. I researched it, bought the book and starting tomorrow, I'm going to start the cleanse! I've got 4 more weeks left until my surgery and I've gotta lose some weight. The HCG worked well in my first round last year but ever since, I've had zero motivation. I've never tried a cleanse or smoothie diet before. I tend to do better with new methods that I haven't tried before. I'll keep you all posted!

Sensory processing disorder and the dreaded tummy roll

You know.. we often talk about and hear stories about our weight problems and the desire to be thin and in shape. But there's another group of people who get a tummy tuck because they struggle with sensory processing disorder.... the need to get rid of that horrible sensation when your clothes get stuck in the crevice of your fat rolls. Your so irritable, cranky, angry and aggravated all day and it causes your entire day to be affected. People think your moody when really, your so uncomfortable in your own skin that all you can think about is pulling your clothes out from between your fat. You shift and move and can't get comfortable no matter what you do. I live in stretch pants or yoga pants to avoid this sensation. This is one of the main reason I'm getting a tummy tuck. I can't imagine the day I can sit down and my panties stay exactly where I originally put them. The day I can put a tight blouse on and not have to pull it down. It stays in place. The day I can wear a pair of jeans and it doesn't feel like something isn't strangling my stomach. People with sensory processing issues are hyper-sensitive to stimulus. It could be lights, texture, loud sounds, pressure, motion... for me, my tummy causes me so much distress. The sensations I get from clothes is like nails scratching across a chalk board. That's what it feels like to me and I can't wait for the day I can put clothes on and not know they are on me.

PRE-OP TODAY added bonus

16 more days until I meet you all in the flat side! Hard to believe this is possible considering I spent the same amount of money 8 years ago just to look like I do now. But I believe things will be different this time! During my appt, I asked Dr. Lowney about my arms. I said, if you happen to have more fat-sucking room, would you be able to lipo my arms a tiny bit so that I look somewhat proportionate? Do you know what he said? He said... yeah I can throw that in for you, just remind me at the surgery! Can you believe it! This is unheard of. Plus, he confirmed he's going to tighten my muscles. Why didn't I find this guy 8 years ago! Anyone, I will keep you all posted. Ty for your support!

Sleep suggestions after tummy tuck and lipo 360

I have a recliner but it's one of those where you have to use your tummy muscles and arms to open and close. I have a beach chair. Can any of you give advice on how and where you slept and what additional suggestions you can give about best ways to sleep?

2 more days until tummy tuck!

Nervous and excited. Wish me luck! Watching your stories has been incredibly helpful in preparation. Ty so much.

ON THE OTHER SIDE TODAY OMG.....

I had my surgery today. When I got back to the hotel, I looked at before and after pictures and I'm in disbelief it's me! In fact, I'm in so much that my husband put my pjs (multiple times due to leakage. It's so unbelievable that I can't believe it's me.

I'll post zz... still groggy.
Sorry

Binder, Bleeding, Pain .. oh my

Hello ladies, I had my lipo 360 yesterday and tummy tuck. Omg this is so painful.! First, my binder is so tight it hurts so much. It feels like I'm swelling even more.. can I loosen it up? Should it be this tight? Second, I'm bleeding through everything.. everything! We keep draining every few hours. Lastly, omg the pain in unbearable. I can't move, walk, pee or do anything without my husband carrying, lifting, cleaning me. Is this all normal??

More post-op pictures

SO MUCH PAIN

I gave a high tolerance but I'm experiencing severe pain. Close to a 10. oxys that doc prescribed helps subside some of the pain. Dilaudid doesn't help. Called doctor but he feels everything is fine thus far. I hope this is true, I'm getting scared. I was taking pain killers previously due to a neck injury and I'm wondering if this high tolerance is related. Anyone else have problems managing pain? How many days before it subsides?

Graphic pics

You can see the whole video on snapchat!
Just look for realdrfeelgood! He's a true artist and magician!

Is this pain and tightness normal?

Would love to hear your experiences post-op. I'm still needing pain meds though it is less frequent on day 4. My back is especially tight and painful. Feels like I have a permanent binder on. I feel like my insides are gonna fall out if my binder isn't on. If I don't take my pain meds every 4 hours, my back feels like it's on fire and general pain all around. He really did a ton of aggressive lipo on me which I appreciate. It just seems like people are further along then me and not complaining too much about pain. I can't get up and down from a laying position yet. Need help getting around. I generally have a high pain tolerance I think. Anyone want to share their experience?

New pictures

Still extremely swollen and tight, a lot of pain. I figured out why my back is on fire and why I can't lay on it for too long. I had an epidural 20 years ago that is very sensitive to the touch until this day. Now that my sensation is coming back, I feel everything in that one area. It hurts and it's extremely uncomfortable and sensitive. I'll talk to the doc about it when I see him Friday to take my drain out.

14 Days post

Feeling much better but still stiff, tight and in a ton of pain when I sit too long, especially mornings. Can't stuff food in as much as I used to which is a good thing. Especially when your mother was born and raised in Italy and brings you over ridiculously delicious home made food after your operation in an attempt to fix me and make me fat again.... lol. Enjoy!

Another pic

Week 4

Looking good! Wish I was less hippy though. Theres def more fat left over on my right side then left. I'll post those shortly.

Week 4

Coming up on 6 weeks and still have pain?

LIPO: My pain has gone down quite a bit but it's definitely still there. I had lipo on my back, flanks, hips and tummy and all of those areas are very tender and sore to the touch. Wearing a binder hurts and causes more soreness. Laying down or sleeping causes soreness. I would give it a #4-5. I'm pretty good during the day except by the end of the day, I'm hurting. So is it normal to feel this much soreness 6 weeks out? What I find interesting is, my hips never really hurt that much. My theory is, maybe I have more pain then usual because I had body lipo done 8 years ago which developed scarring. Maybe the second round was more aggressive and that's why I'm hurting?

MUSCLES: In the past week, the area above my navel, centered around the muscle repair has started hurting more.. feels like it burns and it's sore especially when I stretch, sneeze, cough or have to push. I'm trying to figure out if it's sore due to all of that movement or if I've developed a problem like broken stitches or something. I become somewhat distended in my upper tummy at the end of the day. It feels super hard. Any thoughts? I'm getting more itchy. I think this is due to nerves coming back. It's nice to feel my back more and more each day!

No size difference

Anyone else not have any change in pant size? I def fit way better in clothes.. but disappointed my hips don't fit into anything smaller. Went shopping today and was a bit bummed. But I like that I look smaller.

Bulge above navel

About 3 weeks ago I started noticing a bulge above my navel. It's hard and it def feels like my tummy muscles.. it's very uncomfortable . I don't know if they have loosened or if it's just swelling but it's obvious when pressing your hand over it. It's not jiggly. I have an appt with my doc February 6. I didn't post pics because you can't really tell. It's not all that pronounced in pictures but this could be because I think I have a little extra fat. Any thoughts ladies?

10 week Follow-up

I've continued to have issues with my tummy bulging. I feel pulling on the muscles when I pick things up or push when I go to the bathroom. My doctor examined me and tested if there were problems with my muscle repair by having me lay on my back and raise my legs. He said that if I had separation, there would be a bulge that popped up as I raised my legs. He saw nothing. Raising my legs and having to rely on my stomach muscles caused me to feel soar for the next few days but what's worse is this bulge. I feel my stomach is distended. I feel the muscles are hard and bulging. I wish I understood what could be causing this. When I suck my stomach in, they retract a little bit but it takes a lot of sucking in. Could it be the fat underneath my stomach? The picture here shows my profile before my exam and the day after my exam. Anyone else experience this?

10 weeks

Need to lose little more weight but looking good. I feel so much better in my clothes, especially dresses!

Thirteen weeks POST

Tummy Muscles feeling better, not feeling as much discomfort with movements that require me to flex my abdomen like shifting in a chair or getting up from bed, occasional bulge flare-ups around belly button, sometimes tummy gets very hard. Eating too much makes it way worse. I'm still not fully sleeping on my belly yet but getting there. Here are some photos. Feeling great in clothes now, it's like night and day from pre-op. I find I have a larger variety of clothes types to select from now that I never had before and I love wearing dresses that hug my new body. Very happy. I'm having my arms liposuctioned April 26th. Plus doc doing some touch-ups. Yay!

Nasolabial folds or marionette lines treatment

My next adventure is getting these yucky lines filled in. My face is my best feature and I'm afraid of anyone touching it. Can you great ladies share your advice and experiences with fillers? Safest..most effective...Long lasting? Before and afters please.

Revision and Arm lipo

Revision and arm liposuction scheduled april 26th. It's been 5 months since my tummy tuck surgery and things have settled. I've always had very poor elasticity and time shows. I was right before but I have left over fat, especially my right side. When I had my c-sections 20 years ago, my doctor sewed me lopsided. I think that's why I have more fat on my right then left side. Anyhow my doctor, Dr Lowney is fixing it. He's also going to take a little more off my hips since I'm so hippy. I did gain a little weight. I hope to lose some before surgery so he can pull me tighter. He's planning to work on my left side but I hope he sees the center needs to be pulled too because I am not flat like other people. One member mentioned I have a tilt to my hips and that may be the reason but idk.

Arm lipo and tummy revision today!

Heading over to have my arms liposuctioned today. Surgery is at 2pm. He is also going to lipo the remaining fat on my right side from the previous tummy tuck and a little off the hips. I hope I don't get floppy arm syndrome lol. I'll post after-pics when I get a chance.

Just got out of surgery.. 4/26/17

I have to say, Dr. Lowney is an amazing man.i went in for arm lipo and a little revision and he went all out. I have not taken my bandages all off yet and I'm sporting this cute Mcgyver diaper but I can see major results already! Dr. Lowney does not argue or complain. He hears your complains and does his best to accommodate you. He's incredible. You all should consider him.

Arm lipo

Huge difference already!

More Arm liposuction pics

I'm in shock. Amazing result. Wait until you see the tummy revisions. Dr. Lowney is such a skilled and generous man.

Revision tummy tuck 5 months later, more hip and tummy lipo, new arm lipo

Dr. Lowney went to town on my revision. Plus he fixed my belly button scar and sucked out settled imperfections. Very pleased. Such a great doctor!

Day 6 revision.

Darn Bulge

My doctor lipo-suctioned my belly again before he revised/re-sewed the right side of my belly which is great. He did a ton of work below my navel. No more fat. I would imagine this is highly disruptive to the already healing fascia from 5 months ago. But above my navel, I still have significant hardness all across the upper tummy. The muscles themselves get especially hard. I don't know any other way of describing it. Another member made mention I have a tilt to my hips and she is absolutely right. This gives me the appearance that I'm rounder then in actuality. But this really has nothing to do with my bulge though. Anyone else have significant bulging and hardness above their navel? It's been 6 months now. These pictures really don't show how much my upper belly extends out. I'm not completely flat like all the others.
Fall River OB/GYN

Dr. Lowney will be performing my second tummy tuck. He will also be performing lipo360. I've had 2 consults with him thus far. It felt a bit rushed but overall, he knew what I was looking for. He's got great reviews.