52 Year Old Single, Working Mom with Enormous and Heavy Breasts - Marina Del Rey, CA

I have been wanting to get this procedure done for...

I have been wanting to get this procedure done for several years due to back, neck, head and arm pain, however I put it off due to other responsibilities. I wish I would not have waited this long! My procedure was on Wednesday morning, I spent one night at the beautiful Serenity Center and am now home feeling absolutely fantastic! Btw, I went from a very heavy E cup to a beautiful B! Dr. Grant Stevens and his staff made the whole procedure so comfortable, painless and I felt so secure in his care! By following the post op instructions provided by Dr. Stevens, this has been such an easy and painless transition and I can't wait to see the final results when the post op swelling is gone. My parents told me last night they couldn't believe how great I looked so soon after surgery and that I looked about 10 years younger! That was cool. I can't thank Dr. Stevens enough for helping me with this big transition and I am also so grateful for his staff for being so patient, caring and friendly. Such a great experience!

Thankful and Relieved!

Before & After

5 days post op and I feel wonderful! So thankful for Dr. Grant Steven's great work. He and his staff are all so caring and patient and made this procedure a piece of cake! :)

2 Weeks Post-OP

I'm 2 weeks post-op and am still pretty swollen with mild stinging sensation in both breasts. I'm sure this is part of the healing process but I was hoping this would be going away by now. Anyone else feeling this way at 2 Weeks?

3 Weeks PO Update

Tomorrow will be exactly 3 weeks since my BR! Still very swollen but I also started my period yesterday....ehhh!! Hoping they continue to get smaller! Here is an updated pic from yesterday....getting there! :)

Turned a corner!

I'm at 4 weeks PO and feeling really good! I'm still swollen, especially my lefty, but the stinging is lessening each day and I'm sleeping so much better. I'm also back to my daily walking routine so I have so much more energy! Here's a pic from this morning. So happy my scars are getting smaller and fainter thanks to the bioCorneum ointment I bought at Dr. Steven's office! :)

5 Weeks Post OP

Can't believe it's been 5 weeks and I'm so happy with my progress! Still a little swollen and tight but I have very little pain. The BioCorneum cream is also really working on my incisions/scars! Finally back to working out and I'm hoping to drop some weight to hELP reduce the size even more! Thanks Dr. Grant Stevens!! :)

6 Week Post Op update

Feeling better every day and I wish that for all of you too! Still using Arnica re cream at night and BioCorneum on my scars twice a day. They seem to be coming along just fine! Also tried on a bathing suit top I could not wear before because my breasts would overflow and flop out! Not anymore ;) Happy Healing ladies!

Week 7 Post Op

Felling SO much better each week. The girls are settling down, softening up and swelling is going down (except I just started my period so they are full as usual) I can finally lift and stretch my arms over my head and it feels wonderful! I even slept on my side for a while last night with no pain. I'm very happy with my healing so far and wish you all the same! :)

Week 8 Post Op

Can't believe it's been 8 weeks since my BR! I feel great and my breasts are finally settling in with a lot less swelling. My incisions are quickly fading and I'm finally able to get back to my normal exercise routine without pain or discomfort. SO glad I went through this!! For all of you just starting the healing process, my advise is to BE PATIENT and don't overdo it! I'm listening to my body and it's really helping me get through this! All the best to you all! :)

12 Weeks Post-Op

Hi girls, it's been a while since I posted an update so here ya go....It's been 12 Weeks tomorrow since my BR and I feel great! No pain at all and my breasts have finally settled down and incisions have loosened up. A little swollen right now due to my period but I'm getting closer to that full C as I had hoped for! I hope you're all doing great! :) Shannon

14 Weeks Post Op

Hi ladies, it's been 14 Weeks since my BR and I am still very pleased with my results. My right breast is still a bit larger than my left, but that's how they always were so no shock there! I'm still wearing sports bras or any bras without underwrite but I'm hoping to start wearing more 'lifting' bras soon because at 52, I don't want to end up with that sag look. Any suggestions? I hope you're all doing great and are being patient with your recoveries! Btw, my tan lines are from wearing my first EVER triangle top bikini last weekend! Hee hee All the best, Shannon

4 Months Post OP

Well, it's been 4 Months since my BR and I'm still feeling great! Although they are not as small as I'd like, I'm still pleased. I have only worn underwrite bras a couple of times but keep going back to soft, elastic band bras like Hanes Comfort flex because they don't irritate my scars underneath. I also stopped wearing bras while I sleep but I do wear tank tops with a bra shelf for a little support. One of the greatest things for me is being able to wear a triangle top bikini for the first time in my life! Heading to Newport today for kayaking and ready for some fun in the sun! I hope you're all doing great!!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Stevens made me feel so comfortable and welcome from the second I met him in my pre-op consultation. He gave a very detailed explanation of what the best procedure would be for me as I had extremely large and dense breasts. I felt very confident when I left his office that I was in the right hands for this procedure. (I also have a sister-in-law who had it done by Dr. Stevens 15 years ago and is still singing his praises for changing her life for the better!) This is, by far, the best experience I've EVER had with a medical procedure and I will definitely refer Dr. Stevens to anyone even considering a breast reduction or augmentation. He truly is the best! Thank you Dr. Stevens!!