Investing in Me! Brazilian Butt Lift and Arm Lipo W/Dr. Alexander Aslani, Marbella, Spain

For those of you who are doing your research such...

For those of you who are doing your research such as I have, I know these reviews really help and I told myself I would make one as this process starts.

I decided to go with Dr. Aslani because he's the best in the business. I went with my gut. After reading countless reviews, he stood out to me so I set up a consultation all the way back in May 2016 (total guess but it was a while ago). The consultation was set up on Skype by his patient coordinator Aylen (who is a doll by the way). Before hand I was told to take photos at different angles and send them in prior to our scheduled date.

Dr. Alexander Aslani is appointed Chairman and Head of two different Plastic surgery units: the Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Hospital Quirón Malaga as well as the Plastic Surgery Department of Hospital Quirón Marbella. I only wanted the best, his techniques and expertise are impressive, he delivers long lasting results and this is an investment. I don't have time for revisions or second guesses.

Over Skype Dr. Aslani was genuine, warm and very honest. Told me I had a great case and fat stores. Who knew fat could be so valuable one day? Lol. He is very frank about results and if you're looking for a 62 inch booty and 21 inch waist, he will be make sure to bring you back to reality real quick! Even showing him dream photos, he really wants you to look at your body as we all have a different build which will lead to different esthetic results and he'll tell you what he can or cannot do, and will never go against his medical experience and expertise. Yes, he's a plastic surgeon and a very skilled one at that, but I respect the fact that he is a doctor first and follows strict protocol on which body parts he will tackle with liposuction.

Overall, my experience leading up to this very day has been pretty much seamless and straight forward. Aylen, my patient coordinator was has been very helpful answering all my questions throughout this process and has been a great support. She so sweet and on top of it to get you what you need. Savvy young lady.

I'll get more detailed as my journey continues, and share TIPS along the way.

Building up to my surgery today, nurses Laura and Ana came in and gave me my gown, cap for my hair and feet. Laura put in my IV (virtually painless) and Ana took my blood pressure and temperature through my ear. So far so good. Easy part is over. I only understand a bit of Spanish so they spoke in English.

The rooms: my room is nice and very very clean. Reminds me of the hospital rooms on the tv show House. In a glass box with frosted windows and a beautiful view of the Marbella harbor and beach. Pics posted

TIPS:
- I suggest coming 2 days prior to surgery. One for travel and one to explore the beautiful Marbella. I really wanted an in person consultation, it builds a rapport and you get to vibe out in person. He loves to meet his patients and really appreciates it. I know it solidified my choice in him.

- I'm all about doing hardcore research, I have been looking seriously for about 2 years for my perfect match - go with a specialist who has done thousands of surgeries, not one who is cheap or can give you a 48" booty. Dr. Aslani has been a surgeon over the span of 20 years with 12,000 surgeries. These are all facts. Check him out online, he's the real deal.

In the Theatre + Day 2 - of what I can actually recall

I was laying in my bed yesterday afternoon when a very Hot male nurse who spoke no English told me it was time for surgery. He wheeled me down the hallway, into to the elevator and down to the holding area where all I could think is "wtf am I doing?!" More excited than anything, but still a bundle of nerves. The head nursing already had my book of signed documents (yes, the OCD in me made a bound book, which they will surely appreciate) and double checked everything. I waited a bit. Saw my patient coordinator Aylen dressed in scrubs right before we went into the theatre. She was very comforting and there to take photos of before and after.

In the theatre, Dr. Aslani gave me a wink asked me if I was ready and came over to draw on all my donor sites. We chatted for a bit. Head nurse sprayed me down with very, very cold iodine solution after I took photos again. All I could think was *%#&@ that's cold!!!! Cringing thinking about it now. Almost worse than my surgery. Kidding.

I was then told to lay on my back with my arms out like a "T" and with a thin blue medical sheet for privacy. The anesthesiologist came with his magic potion over my mouth and that's the last thing I recall before waking up teeth chattering and ice cold in the recovery room. I HATE this part more than anything. Happened when I did my BA as well. Wonder why? They monitored my heart rate until they thought it was safe that I head back to my room. Which was a different one than before with a couch and chair.

The nurses seemed a bit rushed and I felt like I literally had to beg for water after it was the right time for it. I kept pressing the buzzer like an annoying pest. It was brilliant. It worked. Sometimes.

I was in a lot of pain. I knew there was going to be a considerable amount of pain, but I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Everyone has a similar but very different journey, so it's never going to be the same.

So in less than 24 hours, I've peed all over myself failing to go to the bathroom, thrown up (here in my hotel) and fainted after I took a shower in the hospital, ended up on the floor - waking up with a nurse trying to help. Only thing I could think of was frantically telling them to get me off my back and side!!!! I'm a hot mess. Ronaldo another very pretty male nurse of Dr. Aslani's changed my dressings, garments and was sweet enough to dry me off the rest of the way. He informed me Hugo the driver would pick me up at 11:45. Still had a few hours to go. He was very helpful with my bags and kept asking if I was ok.

What a whirlwind. I'll take photos once I'm not so bloody gross (literally). Enjoy these before photos and be wowed after. I caught a few peeks in the mirror and I have to say I'm impressed.

First follow up post surgery

Today I had my follow up at Circumed clinic. I'm staying at Vincci Selecctión Estrella Del Mar, which is about 10 mins or so from the clinic. Hugo came to pick me up, and was kind enough to take me to a gas station to stock up in some water following my appointment. He's really nice and such a gentlemen.

I met with one of the nurses that was with me in the hospital who took off my garments. She's a tough cookie, as I'm groaning about my compression garment she said "Hey, you want a good body?! This is what you must do!" Couldn't be more true. So I sucked it up as she helped me take it off.

Peter came in to do my massage and I really wasn't painful as I once thought. It's a lymphatic draining massage and he lightly massages your back and thighs. Not a deep tissue massage. I'm hearing lots of women after surgery complaining how painful their massages were but they really shouldn't be. As everyone had promised, it was amazing and such a relief. As light as it was I was doubting to feel any different, but the tightness in my back and body wasn't so unbearable and I immediately had to hit the bathroom after. They also let me shower since I cannot get my compression garment off by myself. My hips are way to big! I started sweating and becoming lightheaded this morning trying to remove it myself. Mission failed.

My next appointment is Thursday. I will meet with Dr.Aslani, have another massage and get some ultrasound therapy on my belly (his treat ??). I can't wait til I see myself in one month. The results are already tremendous. As I hear many women on here say, the camera doesn't do it justice!

2nd lymphatic drainage massage + ultra shock therapy.

Lovely Peter did my massage again today. Hands of magic. We had a nice chat while he massaged. Felt so good and lose after. I immediately had to rush to restroom after, which means it's working.

Dr. Aslani popped in and was so impressed with the outcome and wanted to make the results even better, faster recommended the ultrashock therapy and left. It was so great to see him. I'm happy he took the time to assess his art.

Yes, the ultra shock therapy is just as horrific feeling as it sounds. 16hz of pure terror on my swollen, tender abdomen and lower back. Absolutely dreadful. I thought I was going to die in that 10 mins. The nurse Pilar was serious and on a mission. She's pretty hardcore. Kind of like, you wanted this...so deal kind of attitude. You won't get any sympathy from her. She's nice though after she cracks the whip. I will do more if these treatments and suck it up, what's a girl to do?! Can't quit now.

Today I was really looking forward to getting into my new compression garment, but my hips are way too wide even for a 2XL. The waist fit and was even a bit loose but these hips were impossible. Will try again next Thursday as I'm extending my stay a bit. Feeling much better after it all. I always get really thirsty after these massages. Weird.

Shock wave therapy - Day no.2

Second round of shockwave therapy + skin tightening at Cirumed clinic by Pilar. This time it was 14hz. Still painful due to my tender areas, but not as bad as yesterday.

How does it work?
1) Treatment produces an inflammatory response. The body responds by increasing metabolic activity around the site of pain. This stimulates and accelerates the healing process.

2) Shockwave breaks down scar tissue and possibly calcification as well

I'm experiencing a bit of discomfort. I'm sure it's from the liposuction still. Part of my back is still numb. When taking my compression garments on and off, around my waist and lower back it feels like little sharp bites all over combined with other thorns and other weird sensations. I can't wait until those feelings go away, but totally worth it with my tiny waist and curvy hips.

Shock wave Day no.3 - Feeling normal again

Yesterday, I had another follow up at the Cirumed clinic. This time Miriam did my shock wave therapy treatments. She took her time and did the treatments a bit longer than the other nurse did last week, Pilar. Nothing against Pilar, but she seemed to always be in a rush to do treatments, dress me quickly (my body was really sore last week and she just seemed a bit rough and rushed dressing me). She would seem a bit annoyed if you expressed pain, I get it, I signed up for this, but if it hurts, it hurts!!!

Anyway, treatments are only a few mins but they really have made a difference. Swelling my back especially. Shape is really starting to show as swelling diminishes.

The swelling in my legs have decreased dramatically as well. I attribute that to me altering my full body compression garment so it would fit over my hips. That fashion design degree did not go to waste. Few alterations here and there with a pair of scissors and it was complete! My other garments given by the clinic as substitution were only spanx which didn't even cover my full thigh and only went up to my belly button, what?! In addition with the extreme swelling cut into the middle of my thighs causing more discomfort and swells.

It was horrible. My waist is tiny so the binders scrunch up and become uncomfortable. I stared to get anxious, and I'm so glad I took matters into my own hands. I feel normal again this week.

Silhouette photos before + after

Final Shockwave appointment + Flight Home

Yesterday was my final shock wave therapy. Miriam the nurse, did it again and added my inner thighs this time. That was a nice surprise. Pain had diminished, on my back it was almost bearable but Dr.Aslani murdered my sides so it felt like burning, prickling sensation, still so tender.

My compression garment is already loose on me, so I bought another one from the clinic for only 90€. I can't be bothered searching the whole work wide web for this. It's $150.00 on the website they order from. Have to keep it simple!!

Flight Details

So going into my flight, it wasn't too bad. 1h35 mins from Malaga to Barcelona. I've read that some girls sit on their bum right away, which just blows my mind because even sitting on my pillow, I broke into a light sweat and my cheeks started aching. For the 15 mins I had to sit for landing and take off. I felt like someone's big booty granny walking off the plane into the airport. So slow and hobbling. My bum felt strained and uncomfortable. Thank goodness the first flight was short.

I decided to do Business Class so I can lay down and have space. People are so reckless with their luggage and bodies In such a tight space. Flinging everywhere and I will be highly upset it someone hits or bumps my booty. I was ducking and dodging people! My hips literally take up the entire isle way. I had to walk sideways in order to not knock someone out with my hip!!

I'm not about this stand up for 6h 35m malarkey back to Dubai either, I can't do it! The VIP lounge in the airport has a place you can lay, (perk of BC) which is perfect because my flight was delayed 2 hours. All that to say, ladies, keep it simple on yourselves. Pack light, pay a little extra for comfort and ease. You will thank yourself and have less anxiety. You have made an investment and no matter where you choose to do your surgery, make sure every step of the way you are comfortable. Gritting your teeth and baring it, is not my style. I will save that part for surgery and recovery only! Seriously, yes, you spend more, but have way more comfort and usually lounge and VIP access automatic.

Back home + follow up from my previous surgeon

I've been back home 4 days now from Spain and today had my last follow up appointment with my previous plastic surgeon Dr. Claudia Machado of CosmeSurge Clinic here in Dxb, as I'm 5 month post op of my BA. She is a brilliant surgeon who specializes in BA, and left me with no scars via periareolar incision. She also followed up on my latest fix - Dr. Aslani's BBL and was very impressed and pleased with my results.

She recommended to continue to work on my swelling and continue compression, and suggested LPG. Specifically for post op liposuction patients. I will do 6 treatments total, 2 a week for 3 weeks, on my tummy, back, flanks, back + inner thighs and inner knees. I don't mind the extra cost and want to maximize my results and speed up healing any way I can.

Having LPG Endermologie after liposuction does help tremendously. Endermologie is non-invasive and involves the use of motorized rollers which helps to reduce swollen tissue, cellulite reduction, and skin tightening. This procedure will help to eliminate excess fluid, and overall help to speed up recovery time from liposuction.

* I will post photos this weekend post my lipo massage *

WHATS BEEN WORKING FOR ME:
- continue LPG -or- lymphatic massages (6)
- drinking lots of water. If you can 2-3+ liters a day
- juicing fresh fruits and veggies - clean eating, low sodium - NO PROCESSED FOODS! If it comes in a box and has a list of ingredients -- Don't touch it. I see some ladies on here saying they eat boxes of crackers and sweets. What?! (Now for the holidays, I indulged a bit for Thanksgiving and swelled up like nobodies business - food intolerance and sensitivity is cruel to me, very long list of what I can't eat!!).
- compression + lower back board (I only take them off to shower. I have cut the butt-out and crotch so I don't need to take off to use restroom and it stays clean).
- walk frequently and as often as possible.
- very small portions of food. With this compression it's important to not fill yourself. I find myself juicing a lot and nibbling here and there. If I'm not hungry, I don't force myself to eat.

I think it's very important to watch what you eat post lipo. Some foods, specifically processed, will keep inflammation in your tissues making it difficult to really track your healing process. Lifestyle changes are needed. For me, I really try to eat as close to natural as possible, avoiding all processed foods and inner isles in the grocery store. Invest in the new you!

Itchy + Scratchy

Healing has accelerated and I'm itching like crazy! Not sure what to take or put on my back, but it is driving me absolutely wild.

Recovery has been pretty seamless, and I'm thankful I've had no complications. The sleeping on the tummy, neck stiffness and soreness will not be forever!

It's important to mentally prepare yourself for the recovery and be strong to stick it out and not cave and drop all post op instructions. Like working out, seeing final results takes time, and I'm excited to reach the end of the road. Here are a few pics prior to my shower today. I had my garment off a little over an hour just to relieve the insane itching and rub myself.

Looking forward to my LPG lipo massage this weekend to release fluid and hopefully this itching!

Back to Work

First day back to work today, and I'm very swollen, have aching feet and legs and behind! I'm on my feet all day and have to drive a lot for work, sometimes up to 80-90 miles to my destination and back. Sitting on the BBL pillow was extremely uncomfortable. I'm already pretty tall at almost 5'8" and in my 4x4 my head was nearly to the ceiling and sitting was very awkward. My left leg kept on falling asleep after about 10-15 mins of driving, and my bum is so sore. I was in the car for only 20-30 mins at a time about 4 times and was counting the minutes until I could get out!!

I'm super swollen, feel as big as a house and just tired! Thankful that these are my only complications though. How long was it until you ladies saw swelling stop? Mind you, I have to stay active for work so resting is really a non option unless I want a 10 hour day. No thank you, lol.

While driving, I was afraid I would crash a moments trying to maintain balance, even with a bbl pillow, my own pillow and back support. Any of you ladies figure out a way to drive comfortably? I don't want to even try to sit on my bum with nothing or a boopy pillow, but i may have to if there's no other option.

Any advice is appreciated!!
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Alexander Aslani is both science and art merged into a beautiful talented Surgeon. He stands strong in his beliefs and can't be swayed based on what doesn't align with his medical expertise. That's the kind of plastic surgeon you need. He's about realistic results that last and not about sugar coating results or giving you unrealistic outlook. He will bring you back down to reality because at the end of the day, your health and overall outcome matter most to him. Wicked sense of humor with a strong positive presence and aura, I immediately knew I'm in the right hands after our in person consultation.