Fabulous in my 40's!!! Maple Grove, MN

Hello all, just like many of you I've been...

Hello all, just like many of you I've been thinking about having lipo done for some time now but just never made the effort to start the process. I'm a busy professional with two grown children. I've always been on the smaller side but the last 8 years since my career started to take off I have certainly neglected my health and body. I vowed last year when I quit smoking that it was time for change. I plan on documenting my journey for all the ladies out there who are on the fence about getting liposuction. I'm super excited and scared all at the same time! I originally planned on visiting 3 different places just to get a feel for things. My first visit was with Dr. Hogue about a month ago and I felt pretty comfortable. He was very knowledgeable and very upfront about my body with me. I wanted to get rid of the fat in my upper and lower abs, flanks and inner thighs. He insisted we start with the torso first since I also had some bra fat and hip fat as well. He thought it was a much better idea to start at the top and work my way down. I was a little disappointed about the inner thighs not being done but after looking at soooo many pictures, I couldn't agree more. He quoted me at using 2.4 liters of tumescent fluid. We would be working on the fat in my Upper/lower abs, pubis area, dorsal rolls, flanks and hips. Sounds like a lot but I was pleased that we could do all of it. I left there feeling so good I called back, paid for half of the procedure and booked my appointment. Today I had my pre-op and surgery is in 1 week. One thing I will note is that when I met with his wife today, who is also his nurse, she wanted to know what was most important as far as areas go because there was a chance that we may run out of fluid and she wanted to ensure that we hit the areas that I wanted most. I have to say I was a bit irritated by this as this wasn't the expectation given during my initial consultation. I'm ok with it now but still hopeful. I'll post pictures this weekend along with measurements. Bye for now!

3 days before the big day!

I thought I better get these pictures taken before Friday arrives and im hurried to get them done and up. Plus it will be interesting to go back and look at them later.
I have 3 days to go and I'm surprisingly not nervous. Im pretty busy with my job so the days tend to fly by pretty quickly. I think I have everything I need so now I just wait. I was wondering about compression garnets. My doc said I'll only have to wear it for about 2 weeks. I'm a little surprised as that's not what I'm reading on RS.
I plan on wearing the one they give me but am interested in knowing where to get one that may be a little more comfortable since I plan on wearing it longer. Oh and what is this foam I keep reading about and where can I get that. Any suggestions will be helpful. The nurse told me that's fine if I want to just don't wear something that may leave indents on my skin.
See you all in a few days! Xoxo

6 days post op....

6 days down! It's been a bit harder than I thought it would be especially with going back to work but thank goodness I'm the boss and have been able to sneek off a couple hours early the past two days. I'm tired and swollen but getting better. I had my follow up today, the Dr. Said he removed about 7 pounds of fat. He showed me the pictures and Wow, I'm surprised. I don't remember much about the procedure as I took the tiny sedation pulls they offered me but I do recall it being kindof painful near the end. My abs were no problem nor were my flanks but when he neared the end of the bra rolls that's when I felt it. I was there for 5 hours and just wanted it to be over.
When it was over the nurse helped me into a silly garment with a compression type belt thing around my waist. And then helped me in my clothes. When I got home my hubby helped me to bed and there I stayed for a day and a half. I hate that I'm numb all over and the swelling is hellish but overall I see a difference. Im looking forward to seeing more progress over the coming weeks.