Results Not What I Anticipated... - Manhattan, NY

For a long time I lurked on this site. I never...

For a long time I lurked on this site. I never made an account, however I read through all of the reviews and inspected doctors' before/after pictures like it was my day job. I researched through Google too, tried to educate myself on the procedure and just stay informed... After a few phone/video consultations with doctors in other states, I decided to consult with someone closer to home. The price seemed a little bit out of my budget, but the before/afters looked great. I saw Dr Schulman on a tv show where he explained the BBL procedure. He seemed very professional and passionate about what he does....

I scheduled my consultation and I was sold. I paid most of it in cash and a little bit on a credit card. I emphasized during my consultation that I wanted the MAX amount of cc's with a nice slope shape, the upside down heart as some call it... He assured me that this shape could be achieved and the shelf look which I did not favor would be avoided.

The recovery was pretty tough as it is for mostly all girls, except for a lucky few. Well during the recovery process I didn't really inspect or examine myself.. Considering I was in the garment 24/7 and felt pretty crappy half of the time. Finally around the 1 month mark - the swelling came down. I began to really inspect myself from all angles. The shelf was still so high and my booty had a flat shape to it. The doc told me to give it some time which I did . The shelf dropped down a bit but overall it's still very much visible. The rest of my booty is flat and the shape overall is very odd. I find myself wearing baggy clothes even more now to cover the top of my booty than I did before.

Overall, I'm feeling hopeless at this point. After spending this amount of money, I just expected my wishes to be honored as a patient... I wasn't seeking perfection but the shape is nothing like I anticipated and it's pointy at the top then flattens out towards the bottom half. I look horrible in just about anything I wear.

I felt ashamed to post a review at first, but now it seems I'll have no choice but to continue this journey with a round 2 at some point in the near future. So I'm just wondering, how long is it advised to wait before going for a round 2 BBL? Is it considered a revision if you just want to correct the shape, and not necessarily to go BIGGER? Just trying to get some info at this point and make the best decision going forward....
New York Plastic Surgeon

I was pleasantly surprised at the Doc's kind demeanor which made me extremely comfortable at my consultation. However I was assured that I could obtain a specific look, but I was given fat transfer in totally different areas which resulted in a shape I did not find personally desirable/appealing. The surgery coordinator was a bit unapproachable and often seemed annoyed by questions/concerns.