My Tummy Tuck Journey - Mandeville, LA

I am 31 year old mother of 2 beautiful boys. I...

I am 31 year old mother of 2 beautiful boys. I have been wanting to do this procedure since I had my first child lol. I am 5'3 and weigh about 140. I was 173 when I got pregnant with my first and went up to 212 when I delivered! He weighed 9'10. Needless to say it took a toll on my body. After my second son was born I worked our like crazy and list a lot of weight. No matter what I did my stomach looked like I had an attachment glued on me. It was gross. I was really scared to do this for myself because of all the 'what ifs' but I figured to do it while I'm young and not wait. I am 1 day PO today and have yet to see it. I am kind if scared to look because I know it won't look like this forever. I am terrified that the upper part of my stomach will be so much bigger than the bottom. I am attaching the dreadful before pics. I will update soon.

Day 3- the shower issue

Yesterday was hard! I tried to take a shower per doctors order and when my mom took my binder off and my gauze I thought I was gonna pass out. I did manage one today and boy was it exhausting and painful. My back killed me! But once I was done and garment back in I felt great. I saw my tummy and I really liked what I saw. The only thing is the middle looks swollen. I hope that is all it is because it is not proportionate with the rest of it. I'm not ready to take pics yet. I will update those soon.

I get around pretty easily. The pain is manageable. Just my back is the worst. My drains aren't draining nearly as much. Is this normal so soon?

Day 4

Last night was terrible. No sleep and diarrhea:(. But Today has been good! I am turning a corner. Hardly using pain meds and a nice shower! The shower was much easier this time. Hoping for a good nights sleep and a great day tomorrow! I go back Tuesday and I really hope to get the drains taken out. I am attaching a picture from today

Day 6 PO

I have been feeling so good! Almost to good. I can't believe it has been a week today. I do have to say I should have Taken my real self friends advice lol. I overdid it today. My mom wanted to take my 6 year old to the movies so I did that, ok I was fine. Then I went to pick up my 3 year old and talk about the fees I've been getting at daycare. Then went to the bank. What was I thinking?!?! I was never in pain but I was just wiped out. Came home and took a LONG nap lol. Stay home ladies! I am so stubborn. And Holy swelling batman! I'm gonna take it easy the next few days pinky swear:)

I don't know what I am going to do about clothes when I go back to work Monday. Nothing fits. It's weird because I weigh the same. My tummy is smaller but I cant button my freaking pants! Looks like I will have to take a quick venture out to pick up a few leggings and sweater dresses.

But overall this whole thing has been easier than I thought. The first 4 days sucked but then I felt great. I'm sure I'll have bad days but I'm just glad my body is healing faster than I thought.....so far that is.

Mixed emotions

I keep looking at my before pics and I can't believe the difference. It really is crazy that I don't have that extra skin and pregnant look. I am just mad at myself because my diet has been terrible. It makes me sad because I am very active and my diet is usually pretty good. I know it's the holidays but it is no excuse. I can't wait to get back to the gym and lose these last few pounds. Also I now have these lovely love handles. I'm sure I've always had them but now they stick out like a sore thumb! I just have these mixed emotions. I should be greatful because my recovery so far has been amazing! I feel normal. My tummy is numb without my CG on but other than that it has been to easy.

This truly is a roller coaster and I'm glad I have this site to stalk lol. Attaching a few photos.
Mandeville Plastic Surgeon