29 Yr Old with 11 Year Old 260 Cc Implants - Time to Get Them Out! - Manchester, GB

Hello to all of your lovely ladies. Like many...

Hello to all of your lovely ladies. Like many others, I have found great comfort and support in reading the posts on this site so felt it was time to speak up. In just over a week I will be undergoing a much anticipated explant. The last 2 years of having these implants have been an emotional roller coaster,filled with anxiety. I have come to really hate having implants, as I believe they are making me unwell. I'm also terrified that they will rupture and I dislike the falseness of them, however I am also scared about the results. I was a tiny A cup before the BA, when I was only 18. Now I'm 29 and worried about facing the feelings of inadequacy I felt 11 years ago. I am 100% certain that I want to do this though, and I can't wait to feel all natural, and to lie on my front and hug people without feeling these toxic sacks press against my chest! I will post some 'before' photos soon. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently had an explant, if only just to help put my mind at rest that everything will be ok. Thank you X

More details about my consultation and imminent explant. I'm a bag of nerves today!

Morning ladies. I thought I'd give some more details about my implant removal. My explant is booked with Gerard Byrne at Spire Healthcare on May 27th. It won't be performed en bloc, and I will have general anaesthetic. He examined me and told me it will be a straight forward removal as he believes my implants are in good condition - (I hope he's right!) Initially I went back to the surgeon who originally put these awful things in - from The Hospital Group in Manchester. He told me I would be deformed afterwards, as I would have next to no breast tissue and loose skin. He told me I should either get the same implant moved to behind the muscle (as I have rippling), or replaced altogether. I was gutted because I was desperate to have these things out but totally scared about leaving myself deformed. I milled it over/saved money for a year and then went back to another surgeon. He was far more positive, saying that I'm still young and the implants aren't huge so they may look ok afterwards. So after seeing another 2 surgeons I finally decided on Dr Byrne. Partly because it was cheap (£2500) and also because I felt comfortable with him and he seemed really positive about my results. I have had anxiety issues for the past 2 years, and as I got my BA so young (18) I was quite secretive about it and my family don't even know - only a few friends and my other half. So sometimes I feel quite alone. Can't wait for this all to be over!

Less than a week to go... what do I need girls?

Hello :) My explant is drawing nearer and I am going to go out this weekend to get myself an explant survival pack! Any must-haves you ladies can recommend? I am going to get a sports bra and some moisturiser, but not sure what else might come in handy. Does any have anything good to help heal the scars?

I'm pretty nervous, and everyday I feel more so. I had a nightmare the other night that my implants came out covered in mould and I woke up on the operating table, saw them and threw up! I'm excited to be natural though. It has been a long time coming! 6 more sleeps.

Explant tomorrow, bring on the small boobs!

I'm full of nerves and excitement about tomorrow. I have to be in hospital for 7am for a morning appointment, which is great because it means I get to eat normally tonight then just wake up and go straight away. I bought some supplies and some chicken fillets! I think it just makes me feel a little better knowing that I have a little extra help in the boob department when I need it, given that so many people (including some family members) don't know I even have implants. I'm hoping I can get away with noone noticing and then loose some weight (I am about a stone heavier than I feel comfortable with) and then blame my loss of boobs on that. It's not even that I'm embarrassed or anything, I just want this whole thing to be over so that I can move on with my life, and therefore don't want to give these implants anymore air time than they've already had!! (Apart from on here - I need this site for that!) Bye ladies - see you on the other side!!

THEY'RE OUT!! Feeling great :D

I can't begin to tell you have elated I feel! The operation went well, the implants were in tact. I asked if I could take them home and (although the nurse seemed to think I was a bit crazy) they allowed me to. I can't believe how heavy they feel, considering they weren't even particularly large implants. No wonder I have had back and neck problems for years! The surgeon removed the capsule, which he said was soft and easy to get out. My partner has been amazing as always. He came in after the op with a massive smile, a chocolate muffin and a brunch of flowers and was really positive about my (rather silly looking) natural boobs! I feel lighter and for the first time in I don't know how long, I don't have that constant feeling of anxiety. I feel confident that my boobs will look good in time - although today they are looking a bit sad. The upper pole is totally flat and there is a fair bit of loose skin. But I think considering they have had implants in for 11 years and today is the first day of them being removed - they are showing good potential :) The most important thing is my health and mental well being, and I already feel so much better. I genuinely feel like this is how I am supposed to be, it feels right. I am not in any pain due to some highly effective meds ;), and I'm enjoying having a good excuse to relax in bed and watch movies. All you ladies who are having your explants soon - you are doing the right thing! Here's to a bright and happy future - just as nature intended! :) Xx

The day after surgery - already seeing improvement!

I wasn't planning on update my review for a few days, but I have already noticed a difference in my boobs so I thought I'd share the good news. Although the upper pole is still flat/concave, the skin itself has already retracted slightly. It feels great given that I only had them out yesterday! I didn't sleep very well last night, and I'm a bit sore, but still very happy. I'm glad I don't have to be back at work for a while, for those of you who are explanting soon - make sure you have plenty of time for you to relax afterwards and pamper yourselves :)

Post explant nausea and bloated stomach

Hello ladies :) Not much change on the boob appearance. Still a very flat upper pole but I know I need to give it plenty of time. I will post a photo update when it reaches a week post op. I have had a really bloated abdomen since the op though, and waves of nausea. I know that's quite normal initially, but I stopped taking meds yesterday and I'm still feeling rubbish. Anyone else felt this way after and any idea how long it may last? I'm kind of worried as I have so much on next week but at the moment I'm not much use to anyone!

One week update - loving my new freedom!

Hello ladies! Well here's my one week update photos. I am totally in love with my little boobs! I also love the freedom of not carrying around those awful sacks on my chest. I'm still waiting for the fluff fairy but there's plenty of time for that. I have finally stopped feeling bloated and today was the first day that I haven't felt nauseous so I'm really pleased about that. My incisions are itching like crazy though! Have any of you put anything on your incisions to help them heal? Also, I bought 2 very padded gel bras to wear when I'm out and about - just to stop people from wondering where my boobs have disappeared to, but I plan to scale down the padding gradually as I (hopefully) lose some of my excess weight and to eventually get to the point where I'm only wearing light padding, if any at all. I don't like wearing the very padded bras - I want to celebrate the real me all the time, but I just don't want the questions and people wondering. I am moving to Spain in a couple of months where it will be way too hot for me to be wearing really padded bras so they will have to be gone by then! Thank you all so much for your ongoing support and positivity on this forum. I would have felt so alone without you all!
Dr Gerard Byrne

Fantastic experience at Spire Healthcare with Dr Ged Byrne. He was extremely professional, cheery, informative and did a brilliant job. I will rate the aftercare after my aftercare apt in June.