~ Natrelle INSPIRAs - There is NOTHING Like Them! ~ 37 Y/o, 5'4", 100 Lb., Nulligravid, Very Little Breast Tissue - Louisville

Having undergone four breast augmentations and/or...

Having undergone four breast augmentations and/or revisions over the past 15 years, I am not new to implants or the emotions that go along with the appearance of our breasts. Therefore, when I say that INSPIRAs offer something more than other implants - something that can make a real difference - it comes from a lot of personal experience. With my INSPIRA implants, I now have the best of both worlds – a look that perfectly combines the features I loved about my overfilled salines with the benefits of gels.
After over 10 years with round, moderate profile, submuscular, overfilled saline implants (and some long-standing capsular contracture on the right), I thought it was a good time to go ahead and switch out my implants, but this time to gels. I decided on round, high profile Mentor Memory Gels placed under the muscle. I truly went into the surgery with reasonable expectations. I knew that my breasts were far from perfect and wasn’t even going for “better.” I just wanted to retain some of those things I liked about my overfilled salines – specifically the size, roundness, and upper pole fullness.
Unfortunately, upon waking from surgery, it was obvious that the Memory Gels did not give me the look I wanted for my body. I no longer had what I liked about my previous breasts and, to make matters worse, had new problems I never anticipated. Sure, they were softer and my surgeon had corrected the capsular contracture, but the implants themselves offered none of the things I cared about. Anytime I was upright, they collapsed, revealing my totally flat chest wall and then abrupt, very large torpedo-shaped breasts. Thanks to the inescapable force of gravity on planet Earth, no amount of shortening bra-straps or trying different bras to push up the implants could change this - they'd just collapse. I totally regretted not leaving well-enough alone and wished I had my not-so-perfect overfilled salines back. I gave it some time to see if I could learn to like them or at least accept them, but to no avail.
I ended up going in to see Dr. Salzman for a consultation and to discuss my options. He suggested trying INSPIRAs which have only recently become available in the U.S. They have a “higher fill ratio” than others which means that the implant itself is filled-up more and, therefore, should not collapse as much. I held some of the samples and could really see the difference when comparing them to regular gel implants. The INSPIRAs still collapsed slightly, but FAR less than the others. Logically, I knew it had to be at least a little better than what I had been living with, so I went for it.
When I awoke from my surgery, I peeked and could immediately see a significant difference with the INSPIRAs! I was in a semi-reclined position and it was obvious that I had large, rounded breasts and upper-pole fullness. I was so happy! Little did I know that, once I got home, I would see many other great things the INSPIRAs have given me: softness (surprisingly even softer than the Memory Gels), no wrinkles, cleavage (the deep valley between my breasts is gone), and a nice slope from my chest wall, despite having very little breast tissue. Frankly, I would’ve been perfectly happy to have large, rounded breasts with upper pole fullness like with my overfilled salines. I am thrilled that I now have all those and more!

Still thrilled - updated photos

I am still so happy with how these look! It still has not totally registered with me. Never, in my wildest dreams, did I think I could have breasts that looked like this!

Larger photos

3 weeks post-op

Larger photos

How I started. The "before" photos at of my old salines and the "afters" are my high profile mentor memory gels (6 weeks post-op)
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

I am so happy that I went to Dr. Salzman - it was definitely the right choice for me! At my consultation: Dr. Salzman and Kim (his R.N.) were very compassionate and patiently listened to my concerns. They spent a lot of time answering all of my questions and gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. He diagrammed what was happening with my implants and was confident that he that he knew how to get me the look I wanted. I felt like they treated me as an individual and respected my aesthetic and vision of what I wanted. They carefully reviewed the implant types and measurements I provided to them from previous surgeries and, from those, selected the INSPIRA size that they thought would be perfect for me. At my pre-op visit: Kim reviewed everything with me. She helped me further understand why the INSPIRAs and Dr. Salzman’s approach would be the best way to achieve the result I desired. After my visit with her, I felt even more confident and excited! The day of surgery: I have IV-phobia, but the nurses were great and distracted me while they inserted mine – I hardly felt a thing. While awaiting surgery, the recovery nurses and Kim regularly checked on me to see if I needed anything. (I did request an IV cheeseburger, but they couldn’t accommodate that). Dr. Salzman also checked on me a couple of times, answered all of my last-minute questions, and really put my mind at ease! Dr. Clark (the anesthesiologist) was amazing! He was very calming, funny, and kept me comfortable (and pain-free) the entire time. I am not sure what he does that is different from other anesthesiologists, but I felt so much more alert and normal (even rested) immediately post-op than any other time I’ve had anesthesia. Post-op: I had some questions and needed a little reassurance about my dressing over the weekend. Dr. Salzman always promptly responded and never seemed bothered.