Just Booked my Consultation! 32 Y/o Mom of Two! - Louisville, KY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I cannot even believe what I just did. Three...

I cannot even believe what I just did. Three weeks from Thursday (December 8th!) I have a consultation booked with a Louisville plastic surgeon. Whattttttt?!!
I've been on Real Self for a while, and have wanted this procedure for so so long. Just one thing holds me back. My mom.
She isn't judgemental, she would just be very concerned for my health. She had breast cancer and did not elect to have reconstructive surgery. I just know she will not understand where I am coming from.
But with the results I would like - filling out my deflated breastfeeding boobies (plus adding just a touch more!) I am hoping that it isn't something that will come up. Currently buying 34B bras, but sometimes I don't even fill those up... looking to be a large C or more likely, small D (hey surgery is expensive! Might as well!)
Is anyone else on my boat? Wanting results, but ones that can be toned up or down at my choice? Not wanting family to know? I'd love to hear feedback from ladies that have already gone through this!
Attached is a picture of me with a bombshell bra on. If my results emulated this look (but without a bra) I'd be thrilled!!

Disappointing consultation!

So I had high hopes for my consultation. My husband was to meet me there, and I left with plenty time to meet him there right on time. Unfortunately, traffic (at 2:45 in the afternoon?! Had other plans). I ended up being 15 minutes late (called to let the staff know) and by the time I arrived, I had obviously thrown off their time frame for the consultation, from the moment I entered the doors, I felt a bit rushed. I'm not sure if this was due to my tardiness, or if this is just how they do business. I felt as though they were talking at warp speed, and the whole feel was a bit "sleazy car salesman" to me. I was rushed through a virtual computer generated consultation, and the doctor talked so fast, I barely had a chance to think of my questions. I brought up my concerns about breast cancer detection, and was brushed off. When asked for radiologists names that they know to be good with implants, it was answered with a hospital name.
They also insisted that I needed the most expensive implant, and told me even though it is $1,000 more, that they made no more money. Which was a lie, we found out, when we talked with the lady who runs the financial office.
The doctor said I needed a 400cc shaped implant, or if I insisted, a 375cc round implant... and he didn't tell me which profile. I'm guessing because he wanted me to pick the more expensive implants. I was able to try on a sizer, only after insisting, and the 400cc sizer was HUGE! I liked the 350cc sizer, but felt confused if this implant would work for me.
Maybe I was asking too much, but my gut just said "no way is this guy operating on me." On my drive home, I scheduled a consultation with another doctor in town. One I hope I will like much better. I'll be curious to see what they say about sizing and my anatomy.

Pictures from first consultation!

New Doctor, booked surgery!

I was less than impressed after my first consultation. In fact, I made another appointment for a consultation with a new doctor on my ride home!
Going into the first consultation, I had a handful of questions, and felt as though they were skimmed over and brushed aside. In all fairness to them, they did ask if I had questions, but it was in between mile a minute information thrown at me, that sounded a lot like they had already decided my size/profile for me. Any questions I had were given quick answers. After that appointment, a flurry of questions entered my mind, and I wrote them each down in anticipation.
My new doctor, Dr. Mizuguchi, was so friendly, and it felt as though we were having a conversation, about my questions, about the process, and about sizing. I went in thinking I would like the 350/355cc range, and I also ended up liking the 385cc sizers. So now I'm debating 355 vs 385 sientra round moderate plus implants. I keep going back to the fact that I loved the look of the 355cc sizer. And then I have my doctor saying that the 385 will look like the 355 sizer once it is placed under the muscle. I'm 5 feet tall, and have seen many pictures where 355 ends up being better. I do not want to look obviously augmented. I just want them to look awesome.... ????

Pre Pics

Before pictures... front view is okay, deflated on the side view!

Dr. Tebbetts five point system to calculate ideal implant size! So helpful!!

I stumbled upon this article/website through looking at questions that doctors had answered on Real Self. Basically, you input your personal numbers (bwd, stretch to skin, etc) and it calculates your ideal breast implant size. Before this, I was unsure between 355cc and 385cc (mod plus), and after working my numbers, it said 380cc was my ideal size. So I'm freaking out much less about the whole "going too big" thing! Here is a video on how it works! I think it could be helpful to someone that is confused about what their individual ideal size was. The really cool part, was that 385cc is what my doctor suggested when we were chatting. Guess he knew best!

Sientra moderate vs Mentor Mod+

Sientra's moderate profile has nearly the same width and projection of Mentor's mod + implants. Mind blown! It really has me thinking Sientra 380cc moderate projection will be my final choice. I would rather have a little more side boob than outward projection, without adding to much bulk to my look. The 380cc moderates are 12.8 cm wide, and projection is 4.1. Very glad I saw that moderate plus means different things with different brands!! My pre-op is 2 weeks from today! Whatttttttt?!'

Preop done! Picked my size!

I had my preop today, and for the most part it was good. It did feel a bit rushed... and slow at the same time. I met with the nurse, she rushed through questions, and then I waited for 30 minutes after being told that the doctor would be in "shortly" ????
Maybe in was the fact that I was paying a sitter, and it was such wasted time... or that I honestly thought they forgot about me. Once the doctor came in... I felt again rushed. I think he is a good doctor, I just think keeping people in the loop would be helpful. A "the doctor is running a little behind. It might be a few more minutes, but would yo like some water or something to drink?" I mean I handed them a check for 4800 bucks.... a few minutes would have been nice. Just venting now... sorry!
Anyway, back to business! I asked about doing moderate, and the doctor said he still suggests going with 385cc Sientra mod plus for me. I need a little lifting, and the projection will help with that. Also, he said that we don't want to go too wide, as it will overall add bulk to my short frame, which we do not want. I trust him as a surgeon, so I'm going with it. The size feels a little bit on the big size, but the sizer that was about 350cv felt a little small. No regrets! Here's to hoping I'm in the full c/d range. I'll be wearing comfy bras anyway.... not necessarily the sized ones, anyway. If I never wear a wire bra again, it will be too soon! Ha!