2800 Graft FUT - 20s Asian Male W/ Dr. John Diep at MHTA Clinic in Los Gatos

I was sick of losing my hair and had already been...

I was sick of losing my hair and had already been using minoxidil and hair loss shampoos with little effect. I thought SMP (fake hair tattoo) might help, but it looked bad to the point I finally decided to go for the hair transplant with Dr. Diep.

I went in for consultation in July 2015 and opted for a 2800-graft FUT strip procedure. I was lucky and got an August appointment when a spot opened up from a cancellation. The procedure took the whole day from early morning to evening, although there was very little discomfort for me thanks to the painkillers and anesthetics provided. Dr. Diep and staff were very professional and friendly which put me at ease. FYI the implant site does need to be shaved and I wore a surgical cap to cover my bald head for the first few weeks after surgery. Aftercare and recovery for the FUT donor site wound was rather more painful than the surgery itself and did make sleeping difficult in the first month or so. After recovery, it was just a matter of waiting to see my transplanted follicles take root and grow. The results speak for themselves and there's a huge difference. I'm much happier with my appearance now.

If I could go back and do differently, it would be to opt for the pricier FUE procedure to avoid the FUT scar which is quite noticeable. I imagine the recovery time for FUE is shorter and less painful as well. As
is, I'm able to cover the scar with SMP and leaving the hair a little longer in the back.
Los Gatos Hair Restoration Surgeon

Friendly and to-the-point. Recommended!