31 years old 2,120 FUE Grafts Hairline Norwood 6. Los Gatos, CA

Im writing this review because there might be alot...

Im writing this review because there might be alot of guys out there in my situation, I was a diffuse norwood 6 thinner, I've had two procedures first one was with Dr. Behnam in 2014 I had 1,850 grafts to my midscalp. I decided on going to Dr. Diep for my hairline, after looking at his videos on youtube and listening to his philosophy regarding artistry I was convinced. It's been 10 months since my procedure, the results have been life changing, I have a video on Youtube that shows me combing through the transplant with wet hair. I also have a thread on Hair Restoration Network under the same username I've updated it every month.

10 month update

Its been 10 months the growth i think is done the hairs are just maturing. Took photos under bathroom lighting, room lighting, and outside lighting

13 month post op

This is my final update, these are HD photos, i'm going on my final procedure in 2 months, i'm very excited to have my crown worked on, I've been told by several doctors that I have around 2,000 grafts left, in these photos my hair on the sides was cut at a #2 the FUE scars are not visible. Overall couldn't be happier. My last photo was what I looked like before I had any surgery the before photos were almost 3 years ago I can't believe that's the same person i lived under a hat in those days.

Dr. Diep FUE 1,300 Grafts Total (5,300)

I stayed at the Bristol Hotel literally 1 mile away from Dr. Diep's office, surgery was at 7:30 AM, I woke up had breakfast which was complimentary of the hotel, I arrived at Dr. Diep's around 7:38, they handed me the lunch menu, a variety of different places, being the American I am I chose a burger place lol.

Once Dr. Diep came in we went in to his office he asked me what my plan was for this procedure, he also did advise me that due to my previous surgeries my donor was limited so we would have to be smart in our strategy, we both agreed that 500 grafts in the midscalp behind the forelock and the rest in the upper portion of the crown with my density on the left to comb from left to right and on the right to comb right downward would be best for me. It's important to be realistic and understand the limitations of supply and demand. So he drew the areas that we were going to work on that day.

I have to say my experience with Dr. Diep was very pleasant, the previous procedure I was pretty much knocked out the whole time, this time I was awake for quite a bit, I was awake for the extractions which I can assure are done by Dr.Diep, the recipient sites as well, I nodded off once the grafts were placed.

I made a FATAL mistake when my GF was driving me home I was still kinda drugged up, I live in LA so its a 5 hour drive from the Bay area, she braked hard and I hit my head on the dashboard, some blood came out coincidentally Dr. Diep had texted me to see if everything was okay, i told him what happened and texted him the pictures he said unfortunately some of those grafts may have been lost, the good thing is that it was only a small portion, he said not to touch the recipient area and keep the surgical cap on. I'm really kicking myself for not being careful out of three surgeries this was the first time this happened . Oh well if anything it was only maybe 3-4 grafts that were damaged but still when you're a Norwood 6 grafts are weighted in gold.

2 weeks post op total (5,300 grafts)

It's been two weeks since my surgery, my donor has healed amazingly, I was in New York City last week on vacation, I walked through times square, I rode a bike through central park, I have to say the recovery time has been great. I've been pretty diligent in the shower making sure I gently rub off the scabs and keep the recipient area clean. My only regret was not shaving my head, now I have to do some comb over to conceal the shaved area in the middle of my head and I can't do anything about the crown c'est la vie.
Los Gatos Hair Restoration Surgeon

The results I have gotten have been amazing my transformation still blows me away, the hairline is so perfectly natural, I do feel that Dr. Diep is one of the best in the business for hairlines and FUE.