Damaged Hairline Caused by Tight Braids and Relaxers. Los Gatos, CA

I'm so glad that I found this forum. For years, I...

I'm so glad that I found this forum. For years, I have been wearing wigs to hide my damaged hairline. It started back in the summer of 2011, when I decided to put braids in my hair as a quick alternative to give myself a break from the headaches of daily styling. My braids was stunning but it was also extremely tight. I keep the braids in for about 4 weeks and when I took it out my heart dropped. My hairline was gone with the wind ???? big chunks of hair was coming out with the braids.

After years of trying to regrow my hairline from using rogaine 5% to rubbing garlic and onion juice in hair, I even tried drinking cayenne pepper because its suppose to increase blood flow to your hair follicles to increase hair growth. None of the things mention above gave me back my hairline. So here I am now preparing to take the next big step to rid myself from wigs and weaves once and for all.

3 days post surgery pics

2mths & 3wks Update

The FUT procedure is a journey that requires patience along with good after care practice. So far so good, I'm nearly 3mths post op and I'm now starting to see hair growth in the recipient area.
Los Gatos Hair Restoration Surgeon

My FaceTime consultation was good he was informative and friendly. I was a little disturbed that I had to call the office several times before they mailed my presurgery package then the receptionist told me, she wasn't sure if they could mail it to me because I'm located outside the US. I told her that I live in the US Virgin Islands and it's a US territory. So finally they mailed it and I received my package.