YoungMaleGot ChinImplant - HugeMistake. I NowWant ItRemoved! AnyoneGoingThroughSimilarExperiencePleaseMessageMe. Los Angeles, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

So I was feeling quite depressed and I thought...

So I was feeling quite depressed and I thought that changing something about myself would improve my happiness and get me out of the funk that I was stuck in. I had seen a very reputable plastic surgeon before about a chin implant and he refused to operate on me and told me not to touch my chin because it was a very defined chin. I was not convinced, but decided to live with it for a couple years. Fast forward a couple years and I spontaneously started feeling insecure about it again and made the rash decision to get it done. Once the bandages came off, I was shocked with the difference of my face and nearly fainted completely. 5 days later, I got the stitches removed and at that point I was mostly happy with the difference in appearance.

As time went on, I started to like the result less and less, as it was placed crooked and I just felt weird about having something foreign added inside my face. It wasn't up until my roommate saw my surgery papers and told people that I started to have an extreme adverse emotional reaction to the implant. I am a gay male and since people found out, I have experienced extreme rejection and humiliation from an entire community. I have become extremely depressed and often think about suicide as a result. I used to be a popular guy and used to have many friends but I have lost most of my friends and spend most of my time alone. I am now procrastinating the removal as I'm scared about what it may look like afterwards. I'm scared that I'll be left deformed, with chin ptosis, or a dimpled gross chin. If anyone is going through the same experience, or has gotten a chin implant removed, please message me. I will anxiously be waiting for your response. Ive had this stupid thing in for 10 months now.

Chin Implant Removal

I had a chin implant just over 2 years ago. I wanted to keep the procedure a secret, but unfortanutely because i had an unsatisfactory result, I had been emailing back and forth with my doctor deciding whether I should remove or revise the implant. I had a fairly good masculine chin to begin with and I feel like a total IDIOT for letting vanity take over to convince me that a little "enhancement" would do me well. WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE!!! Beause of these emails between my doctor and I, a "friend" (aka frienemy) started spying on them and read EVERYTHING! This has been completely and emotionally devastating for me as I wanted to keep this a secret at ALL COSTS!! This person has gone around telling everyone and rumours about me are now flying. I now have friends texting me being like "OMG is your chin fake!?!?" "Did you have a chin job!?!?" "Do you have a fake chin!?!?" etc. This is just soooooo humiliating for me. The reason for this review is I want to hear from people who have gotten their chin implant removed. I'm so desperate to reverse what I did but at the same time I am absolutely terrified of a negative outcome. I just know that I could never be mentally prepared for something to go wrong (ie chin ptosis, pocket contracture, dimpling, etc) and a botched result upon removal would be enough to push me over the edge. So PLEASE if there is anyone out there who has undergone a chin implant removal, please contact me. I'm in dire need for some help and my life has never been worse!

Regretting my Chin Implant and Desperately Needing Someone to Talk to

I totally 100% regret my chin implant. I didnt need it and did it out of complete vanity. The result was mediocre at best, and I'm having an adverse emotional reaction to it. My life is falling apart now. I became extremely depressed, lost my job, lost my friends, lost my reputation, lost my home and everything is ruined. Now I'm trying to figure out how to muster up the funds to remove this chin implant so hopefully I can pick myself back up and stop being so depressed everyday and move past this living nightmare. After the removal, I'm praying to God that nothing goes wrong because I literally am way too broke for something bad to happen. I would love if someone could reach out to me who is also going through chin implant/plastic surgery regrets. I feel so alone and have no one to talk to :(

Chin implant BIGGEST REGRET OF LIFE. Lost and losing hope

I need to write this review for my own sanity. I have no one to talk to and feel so alone. I got a chin implant which I hate and totally regret. I'm just really scared about removing it and looking horrendous with a gross, saggy chin. I'm a young good-looking guy and I had a great chin before and RUINED IT with a crooked implant which sits too low on one side. I look back on old pictures and get overwhelmed with sadness and don't know why I would've ever underwent surgery on my chin. It was the BIGGEST and WORST decision of my life. Even the nurses at the doctors office were telling me not to do this because I was cute the way I was but i was stupidly persistant. Now if i remove it, i'm left with the risk of permanent deformity and sagginess which is absolutely so depressing. I just wish I had my natural and defined chin back. I'm so stupid!!!!! The reason I got it is because someone I was in love with started cheating on me and I thought I could win them back by enhancing myself... what a HUGE FAIL and idiotic choice that was!! I lost my job and have been so depressed and I haven't been able to build up the motivation to get a new one and my finances are so strained. If I do remove the implant and something goes wrong, theres no way I'd be able to afford to fix it. I worry that something like that would set me over the edge. Luckily I am starting to see a psychologist so hopefully they can help me and tell me what I should do. I just don't think I'll ever be happy with this chin implant but I need money to move ahead with anything. I've literally read every single chin implant removal story on this website multiple times... its become my (alberit VERY unhealthy) obsession. I message so many users on this site asking them about their removals but everyone usually ignores me/doesn't check their emails and I haven't gotten a response from anyone in several months *sigh*. Words can't begin to express the amount of regret I feel and I'm falling into a deep dark hole that I can't get out of. I would never ever reccommend a chin implant unless you have a serious deformity and are very much lacking a chin, because I definitely didn't need it and did it out of vanity and it ruined my life and damaged my psyche. I was confident and happy and a social butterfly with many friends before this surgery and now I'm a fragile and depressed lone hermit who doesn't work or socialize. Thank god I have a dog who still loves me and makes me smile every once in awhile.

PS - Does anyone know if theres any charity organizations that could help me out financially if I remove the implant and something disastrous happens that I need money to fix? I just know that if something goes wrong and I'm left with a serious deformity on my chin after removal that I won't have the confidence to go out and get a job as I'm already severely depressed as it is. This is all just so humiliating and I bet its hard for people to feel sympathy for me when I did this to myself! GAAAHHHHHHHHH! Sad, sad boy :'-(

I wish I could develop a relationship with God because maybe He could help me through these dark times.

Regrets Chin Implant

I have never experienced this kind of regret. Regret has become a part of my everyday emotion now. Can someone who has gotten a chinimplant removed please contact me!? I need to remove mine, but i just have a really bad feeling about removing it, like I'll be permanetly disfigured, and that would throw me over the edge. I'm already so mentally unstable as it is. Getting this chin implant has damaged my psyche and it is the worst mistake i have ever made in my entire life. I let my vanity take over, and i had a good chin before. Please can someone reach out to me. I would love to talk to someone who is going through a similar experience, or someone who has already removed their chin implant. I'm desperate :(

Dr. X

The staff was great and everyone was very caring and hospitable. My doctor is a very nice compassionate doctor however my result was unsatisfactory, since the implant was placed crooked and the left side is too low. The result is most important to me, and because my result was subpar I give the overall rating 1 star, even though all other categories excelled. I'm not ready to list the doctor