Time to Get Rid of my Hereditary Turkey Neck - Los Angeles, CA

So after reading many reviews I finally got my...

So after reading many reviews I finally got my Kybella done yesterday. The doctor started by marking the area that needed treatment with a marker. Then he applied a template (think temporary tattoo) with the injection sites. This was followed by him giving me a local anesthetic to the whole area. This by far was the worst part, but allowed me to not feel the majority of the following injections. I believe he counted 21 and used a full vile. I only felt the ones closer to my jaw and neck where the anesthesic likely did not reach. The whole procedure only took a few minutes. By the time I left the office the doctor comment he could already see the swelling and redness. I had started taking arnica (a tip I read on here) the day prior, but perhaps should have started sooner. I took extra strength Tylenol. I iced the area immediately when I got home and for most of the night, but the swelling has continued. Luckily I picked the holiday weekend so I had time for the swelling to subside before returning to work. The area has been tender. Pics and updates to come,

Before pics

I am 32, 5'2", 110lbs, no children, with hereditary turkey neck. I know it's not terrible, but I'm getting married in a few months and figured now is as good a time as any to get rid of it.

3 hours after procedure

3 hours post and I was already visibly swollen despite being iced for over an hour and taking arnica in advance. It wasn't painful, but it was also still numb from the anesthesia. You can see in the pics the injection sites and the template.

1 day post

1 day post

Very noticeably swollen at one day post. Still numb, a little sore and tender to the touch. Feels a little jiggly. Still icing periodically and taking arnica and Tylenol every 6 hours. Thank goodness for scarves!
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

The doctor is great. He's very nice, as are the staff. He worked quickly and spent time making sure everything was perfect. However, I found myself shocked when it came time to pay for my multiple procedures. During my consultation I was told a charge would be waived that later was not. I tried to explain this to the woman checking me out but she seemed to dismiss me or not hear what I was saying, despite me seeing the doctors notes from the consultation that supported my statement. Also, the doctor apparently used more product than he'd projected which made my fee go up, but this was not mentioned to me during the procedure and I only became aware when I went to pay. The doctor is great, but I am disappointed that the pricing was far more than anticipated.