Dental Implant Failure - Not Worth It!

I do not recommend going to Dr. Shabtaie for a...

I do not recommend going to Dr. Shabtaie for a dental implant! I emailed him the following (this is a consolidated version):

Dear Dr. Shabtaie,

I am writing to you in regard to the dental implant that you performed for me. I am disappointed because I recently was informed that my dental implant, which is supposed to last a lifetime, is failing. I have received a few second opinions and the consensus is that the implant is insufficient and needs to be replaced. The least expensive oral surgeon charges $3500 for everything under one roof - extraction, bone graft, abutment, implant and crown. The dentist who provided me with this estimate analyzed a 3D xray of the tooth and said that it looks like you used a .6mm, which was too short. The dentist thinks a .8mm should have been implanted. It failed because it didn't take to the bone because it was too short.

Before you performed my implant surgery, you informed me that I needed to have a bone graft and required a smaller implant. I relied on your professional opinion and treatment. Now, unfortunately, I have to undergo a second implant surgery to replace the .6mm implant with a longer .8mm implant.

I am requesting that you either reimburse me for the dental work you performed or pay for the replacement work that I must undergo because your dental work failed. Please inform me if you are willing to compensate me for your failed dental work. I am open to hearing your suggestions for alternative options you may think of.

Dr. Shabtaie then offered to refund only $2,000 of the over $5000 that I had already had to pay for the implant, crown, graft and extraction. It was very painful to have the implant fail. And then to have it extracted and then again to have a new one put in. I pleaded with him and his insurance company for months to pay $5,000 and they did nothing. Finally, a year later, wanting to move on, I asked for the $2,000 and he refused to refund the measly $2,000. Do not waste your time or money. He really doesn't care. He actually asked me what I would do in this situation. I would offer a refund! I waited a year to post this review in the hopes that he could be ethical and make things right. I also uploaded a photo of so you can see how I had to spend Thanksgiving last year - with an ice pack on my cheek due to his failed dentistry work. I tried to make light of it by making a pic collage and sending it to close family and friends.
Ramin Shabtaie