32, 5'4, No Kids, 32GG! - Los Angeles, CA

I actually had no intention of documenting this...

I actually had no intention of documenting this process, but now I am! In a way, i really wanted to pay it forward because this forum has been priceless as I prepare- so here we are!! I'm 32, 154lb, and a 32 GG. I've struggled for as long as i can remember - and now, as I get older- it's drastically harder to stay in shape and to stay active with the backpain, etc. So, I'm scheduled for 6/17 and i'm SOOOO pumped!! Taking the before's is wayyyyy to real.

Pre Op apointment- done!

Had my pre-op yesterday - blood drawn, the whole nine. Feeling pretty good...totally trust my doctor. I feel over-informed so I didn't ask too many questions. Most concerned about ending up too big or too small...which seems common? I've been doing my best to get in the best shape possible...stopped drinking for the last 30 days, working out 4-5 days a week, I feel good! I've really prioritized it to try and speed this process up as much as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for food the day before? I've heard their are some tricks to minimize the after effects of the anesthesia? Also, post op has anyone had any success with particular food? T-2 weeks!!

home stretch

my surgery is in 3 days!! pretty excited - not terribly nervous- which i think is a good sign. my biggest stress is my job and tapping out for a few. i'm an admitted workaholic and the idea of being unreachable (i'm an artist manager in the music industry) is the source of a lot of my anxiety! i've also been pretty conservative with telling people- i'm not uncomfortable with it per se, but it brings up a lot of things and opens up the conversation for people to share opinions/suggestions about YOUR body and i'm just not in the mood for that. has anyone else had that feeling? also, people think there's a direct correlation with weight and no woman (or any one for that matter) wants to have those conversations with an office staff. so, most think i'm having my tonsils out, while a select few know the truth :) i really wanted to focus on fitness leading up to the surgery and wanted to lose 10 lbs - and i DID! so that's exciting! the whole journey leading up has been really positive. i feel like i've kind of reset my life. i wanted to go in as fit as possible, as healthy as possible, as strong as possible - and i feel really good about it. i'm looking into silicone sheets for scar healing...anyone had any luck or recommendations? xo annie

Done!

I've spent the last three months preparing for this surgery (and the past 10 years dreaming of it) diet/exercise/post op plans/recovery time, etc: I've researched and read and YouTube'd til I'm dead. I was terrified. I went in at 7am last week, was out by 8pm, felt like absolute garbage Saturday and Sunday and then BAM. I turned the corner..stopped the pain pills...took slow walks...and now, 8 days later I have full mobility of my arms, bruising has already subsided and got a handful of stitches removed. I'm not trying to minimize the procedure or the recovery time/complications some ladies have had- but I honestly feel like my mind was right and my body was strong and I feel better than I could have imagined. If you're on the fence, DO IT!! You'll be back in action in no time :)

A NEW WOMAN

Almost 5 months post op...and let me tell youuuuuu- best decision EVER. If anyone has any questions and want to chat in private, just drop me a line and i'll be sure to answer all your questions best I can.

If you're hesitant all I can say is DO IT. You're strong, you're brave, you're a badass, and you can do it.