The New and Improved Me - Los Angeles, CA

Looking forward to my consult with Dr Kenneth...

Looking forward to my consult with Dr Kenneth Hughes this coming Thursday for a BBL. I have read way too many reviews and seen many videos so now I'm gonna take the plunge. I do have a butt, but I've gained weight and it just makes me look very full all around. I also am a 36 DD so it makes it difficult to dress and feel sexy. So I've decided to go with a BBL so I can get some shape on my body. I have boots but not hops, and I've never had a waist. Even when I was younger and thinner my body is just square. So I'm hoping to get some awesome results with Dr Hughes. Any advice is welcome.

Gym is not working anymore

I am 33 years old 5'4 and 176 lbs. A mother of a three year, a wife, and full time nurse. I lost a good amount of baby weight, 30 lbs to be exact. I did it by running and got really good at it. I was running about 6 miles 3 to 4 times a week. It all stopped working for me in the last year. I was actually gaining weight back. I was down to 160. I'm thinking it might be due to birth control and hormones. My husband would help me with different supplements and workouts but it was so discouraging to see the scale go up and I quickly felt self conscious. So I am now going to try surgery. Pregnancy, motherhood, and a busy but happy life does change a woman's body. In my younger single years I was fit and confident, I want to feel that again. So praying all goes well with the surgery, I know this procedure will help me feel sexy again. The pictures on this post are from 2 weeks ago. I never take selfies anymore because I know I won't like what I will see. And I don't want to feel this way anymore. I am looking forward to learning to like what I see again.

The other pictures of myself

Butt pictures

My husband took some current butt pictures. I also included some wish pics.
I am hoping for a smaller waist, wider hips, and some prejection. But I am afraid of looking like a duck lol

Booked!!!

I am excited that this is actually happening!!! Dr Hughes was very honest and explained the procedure to me. Answered my questions with great detail and I appreciate that very much. The Culver city office on Washington is beautiful. The staff was awesome. Lorena in finance was very sweet and explained the options we have to pay. And by the way Lorena left a nice impression on both my husband and I. Those are the perks of working in a plastic surgery clinic. She is walking proof of Dr Hughes work.
I am booked for the 26th of September, going back in a week for my pre-op appointment. We will discuss and sort off blue print my body for the procedure. I need to do some lab work, I could do it with the company they use for about $150. Since I have kaiser I called them up and asked if I could do the labs there with them, I'm just waiting for my doctor to approve a referral. Since the lab work is not a routine check up I know I will have to pay.
I was advised to begin to take a multivitamin and some vitamin C, but I already do that so I'm set on that.
Currently I am shopping for some maxi dresses and loose sweat pants for after the surgery. I am looking for them at thrift shops, I don't want to spend too much on clothes that might get soiled with blood and also might not fit me for long. I'd rather spend the money once my swelling has healed and I know my true size.
Lorena did mention a couple of times to get a BBL pillow for sitting. So I've been shopping around on ebay and Amazon to get a good deal. I think you can get a sense of my spending style lol. I don't like to spend too much if I can get a better deal.
Since I am a nurse I have access to some chucks and a female urinal. But I was at the 99 cent store shopping for puppy pads for my new dog and I figured that is also an option for some of you ladies. They are the same as commercial brand just a little smaller. They will get thrown away anyways, why waste more money.
So I run 4 to 5 times a week, I haven't stopped doing that. I feel this will help my circulation and healing. But it's so far helping with the anxiety. I tend to over think these types of things. I was a mess when my water broke. I just want things to go well. I freeze at first then I calm down and do what I have to do. This reaction is only when it involves me. When I have to perform emergency services on patients, and even my own family I totally respond quickly and adequately. I think it's a control thing. But anyway, lol I got off track. I will update with any good finds and tips ladies please share any tips of your own. Thanks

BBL Pillow

Finally ordered my BBL pillow from bblpillow.com it was $107 with free shipping. I was searching everywhere for a used one but not much luck. So I just did it now so I can have it before my surgery.
Also I found some awesome maxi dresses at the thrift shop. I found some sweats but not many. I'm gonna wait on the sweatpants. I don't know how warm it's gonna be and I might not get the right size. I don't want them to be too tight.
I'm trying not to be nervous so I'm distracting myself with busy work. My husband told me he had a dream that he was getting lipo and he was nervous and scared. I told him he is probably more worried about my surgery than he thought.
I have my pre-op appointment this Tuesday. I was told to be prepared for a long appointment. Over 2 hours possibly, so maybe I will be more nervous then. OK I will update soon.

1 week before surgery

So right now I am doing the surgery version of nesting. And by that I mean that I have been shopping for supplies and stocking up on groceries for my family. I don't know how I will react to surgery or what my discomfort level will be. And I'm trying to be prepared. I don't want my husband to have to run out to the store every day and take care of me and our daughter. Poor guy, I don't want to overwhelm him.
So far I have some:
maxi dresses, sweats, BBL pillow, body pillows, a boppy, some chuck pads, a female urinal, prescriptions, extra strength Tylenol, protein shakes.
I still need:
Arnica tablets and gel, slippers, antibacterial body wash.
I just ordered from ebay some lipo foam and an abdominal board. The foam is for extra compression and cushion from the garment. And the board helps keep the abdomen smooth so I won't get lumps.
My friend is going to do some lymphatic massages after surgery so I am set on that.
Also I have reduced my sodium intake and increased my water intake. I am still running just to keep the anxiety down and the circulation pumping.
It sounds like a am overthrowing this, but I do this every time we are going away on a vacation. I plan, makes list, check and research everything, then check it all again. I hate being underprepared.

Last day of the old me

OK, so as my husband sits and watches me run around "nesting" before my surgery he reminded me of when our daughter was born. I was scheduled to be induced at 38 weeks. The day after I was told when I would have our daughter I went to target, Costco, ikea, and the supermarket all in one day. I worked myself up so much that our daughter was born the next day, at 36 weeks. So his advise this time is to relax, he will go get anything I might need after. He reminded me that for a few days I would be extremely uncomfortable and for the weeks following I would have to drive, sit, and work with modifications. So I have to enjoy and relax so I won't be so tired tomorrow. So I am only working on 1 load of laundry today lol.
He has a point, I won't be able to just get in the car and go to the store for some time. I will need to plan ahead my trips, and monitor my time sitting. So I'm gonna go get some breakfast in a bit and then it's off to work for me.
So I did get everything on my list. I wil attach them to this post. Ask me anything about why and where I got the items.
One thing that I have noticed is the idea of my body no longer being the way it is now is exciting but a little sad I guess. It's weird to explain but I'm sure other women feel this.

Faja

OK I have seen some BBL pictures of women wearing a full bodied girdle from other surgeons. Some have the butt part open like a thing, others are completely covered. I was told Hugues gives a wrap around the torso girdle. But I wonder if those other full bodied ones are better? If any of you have experience with this or if you know why Hughes uses the one he does please let me know. Or I will just try to remember to ask tomorrow before my surgery.

Post op can really suck

I made it!!!!!! I had a great experience with the staff. My nurse was super sweet and very helpful. He kept asking if I had questions. The anesthesiologist, Hector, was also a sweetheart. I told him I had super bad veins, but he managed to figure out the I'VE. I don't remember anything after he said "see you in a bit." I woke up in the recovery room cold and began shaking violently from the anesthesia which hurt my stomach so much. The anesthesiologist and Dr Hughes came to check on me and said the shaken will pass once the I'VE finishes, and it did. Also the put a little heater type fan that was so comforting. Then they all disappeared and where in surgery for the next patient. I was the first one so I get them all nice and fresh and rested.
He injected 1260 cc's on each butt check and I think 430 on hips. Removed 5 litters of fat from my whole torso including my brain roll.
So I was helped to get dressed by the front desk receptionist who did her best to dress me. It was 103 degrees and I was so hot in sweats and a very thin long sleeve sweater. I rode face down in the back seat of my husband's truck. I forgot to take a pillow so I used my bag.
***** ladies take a protein shake, some saltiness, and a water with you.
I was nauseous from not having anything or water in my stomach. So my husband stopped at a gas station to get me some crackers so I could take the nausea pill. And that helped me from getting sick in the car.
My pain level walking or laying down is about a 4/10. Not bad, but my discomfort level at first was a 10/10. I would get dizzy and lightheaded when I would stand up. I have a fainting condition so I had to lay down mostly. The nausea pill helped when I took my second dose and I had a can of protein shake which felt so good to have something in me. I couldn't even stand to drink ever without seeing spots. And I was soooooo hot even with the AC on. My body temperature has been 100.4 the whole day. Just monitoring it doesn't go up.
Then my bandages are soaked and I decide to change them. Oh man I regret that. Removing the garment made me feel awful and I was very close to fainting. But I ended up throwing up soooooo much. And although it was gross, I have felt so much better since. I can walk around now which feels amazing. So my discomfort level now is at a 4/10.
Sleeping on my stomach hurts my neck but I use the boppy as a pillow and it's comfortable. I can wedge the pillow for neck support.
I sit down to pee and it's not bad but the wiping is very hard. I can reach and I can't bend my body because the binder pushes on my abdomen and it's very sore.
I can see bruising but I also see if have a huge but. Can't wait to take some pictures after my shower tomorrow.
OK everyone have a good night.

Post op pictures

Well, I finally showered and it feels so good. Today I do feel the pain a little more than yesterday. I've had to take the Norco every 4 hours. Along with the stool softer so i won't suffer later. The night wasn't too but except for me having to get up every 2 hours to pee.
I bought the female urinal P EZ kind but I haven't used it. I can't reach down. I just sit slowly on the toilet and it's been easier. Plus, it's way easier to use a dress or skirt. You will need help to pull up your underwear and pants so I don't wear either. Just my loose dress.
My meals have been small. A protein shake that Dr Hughes recommended from Costco, some scrambled eggs whites, chicken breast, and steamed veggies. Small frequent meals is the way to go. And I am so happy with my results. I hope I keep healing well so I can see my final results. The photos are from the day before surgery and from today 1 day post op.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon