30 Yo Active Physician Planning for BA - Los Angeles, CA
Ever since I decided to start the process of...
My first consultation!!!
I found the one!!!!
Surgeon picked, date booked!
1. He answered one of my most pressing questions on realself without being dismissive.
2. When i met with him in person, he and his staff were so welcoming without being overbearing. I was able to discuss what "look" I wanted without feeling pressured or judged into something I didn't want.
3. Technique, technique, technique! I'm by no means a surgeon, but I am a physician and above all I wanted a doctor who really knew what he was doing and was up to date on the most current surgical methods and implants to reduce down time and complications. I'm not one to sit around for weeks on end waiting to recover. I am a very active young woman and needed to be back doing the things I wanted to be doing as soon as possible. Dr. Danielpour is able to use a new technique that does minimize the pain and recovery period, and no, its not a "gimmick". It's called careful dissection and direct visualization during the procedure itself.
Day of procedure !!!
30 Year Old Active Physician with Dream Body !!!
The short version is here (for my pre-contemplative stage see my other review). Basically I've wanted larger, fuller breasts my entire adolescent and adult life. After I gained and lost a significant amount of weight in residency, they began to look saggy and deflated on top of that, and realizing how simple
It could be to finance a plastic surgery and I was sold. Next I found Dr. Danielpour after having a lot of online consults and a few in office consults. I went with him bc he was offering exactly what I wanted- "natural" ( read non-porn star) looking larger breasts with less pain and downtime Using a new, well validated technique. Also he's super amazing and has the best bedside manner of any surgeon I've ever met. His office staff is available at almost any hour of the day and the entire process was easier than buying a car! At the same time I could tell that all the professional Medical stuff was taken care of like a well-oiled machine. I managed to get the money for the implants with an areolar lift (thanks Mom) and knew I was in the best hands. The anticipation pre-op was something else, but the day of was a breeze. I went in, filled out more forms, met the anesthesiologist and nurses and got dressed in a gown. I had an IV started and the last thing I remember was freaking out and praying the anesthesia would work bc I have such a high tolerance for meds. I woke up feeling like I'd done a million bench presses with two weights on my chest, tired and slightly disoriented. As soon as I looked down I almost cried with happiness, they looked even better than I had expected and just what I had always hoped for!!! Going in everyone tells you not to expect miracles- just your same breasts but larger. I'm telling you my breasts do look similar but so much better- think Blake lively pre and post. One job. They are still "mine", but no longer droopy with the enormous areolas that dominated my small breast mound. They are large, perky, and with smaller, cuter, less "matronly " looking nipples. I'm I'm disbelief with how perfect they are and how they fit my body and make me feel. I cannot praise Dr. Danielpour and his staff enough. This man is a true physician, he helped me to gain the confidence I'd been lacking my entire adult life, all the while being incredibly personable and open about everything involved. As a physician I truly believe this man deserves an award for how good he is at his job and how genuinely he cares about his patients.
Stats, POD 12 picture
Size: 500 (L), 550 (R) cc, silicone
Placement/ incision: subfascial, periaroelar
Additional procedures: bennelli lift (areolar reduction)
Pre-op size: 34B
Post op size: ?? not sure but currently wearing a 36 DD VS sports bra
2 weeks post op!
Week 1: lots of post op bloating-I had to use a regimen of senna/colace and bisacodyl to get stuff moving in the first week. Not much pain just soreness and tightness. Had overall less energy than I usually do, probably from a combination of the surgery and my lack of exercise and caffeine. Implants were pretty high but I still liked how they look- I grew up in the 90s with the baywatch ideal and had some upper pole fullness before I lost weight.
Week 2: going back to 80% normal activity (housework, seeing patients) resulted in a lot of spasticity in my right side- the side with the bigger implant and the arm I use more. I had much more energy and felt almost back to normal with the exception of the super bad cramps over my right anterior chest wall and r shoulder. Once I got the ok to resume alcohol I actually found a bit of wine at night helped tvOS immensely. I got the bandages off out, started using the scar cream, and was taught how to massage MY breasts. I was also given a chest band which makes the right side feel better and less like the implant is being squeezed into my armpit when my chest spasms.
Lessons/ things I wish I'd known:
- not being in excruciating pain does not mean you can get up and expect to be 100% after a surgery, even an outpatient one.
- try and have food premade or someone to make it for you, or you will spend a lot on eating out those first 2 weeks
Things I'm glad other people told me
- size: very rarely had I heard "I wish I'd gone smaller". Everyone I knew had either already had or were planning their second surgery within 5 years of the initial surgery to increase the size and/or correct movement of the implant when in the under the muscle position. I took a lot of time on this site and others researching doctors who would be able to avoid the under the muscle approach and took my time in in -person consults to find the surgeon who approached me as a unique person with a certain body shape, not just a pair of breasts to make a little bigger.
- taking your time to find the best "fit" for you in terms of surgeons. Your surgeon is going to be in charge of how you look. You can tell him or her whatever you like, but when you are under and having the actual procedure done, you want to know that the person you picked shares/ understands, and agrees with you ideal look. The first one I went to was very persistent on the "natural look". His idea of "natural" was way different than mine. Don't use words like "full C" or "natural D". Bring pictures. Do simulations. Speak up and make sure your surgeon knows what you want done- otherwise they will do whatever they think looks good, which may not be what you think looks good. It helps to look at before and afters on the website, if no one on their site looks even remotely close to what you want, that's a big flag. The first guy I went to was so obviously reluctant about going above 400 ccs and clearly adamant about the need for u set the muscle that I knew he wasn't the one for me. I wanted boobs that would blow your mind without looking like a porn star, and in my mind that's exactly what I got and more. Always trust that gut feeling you have when going on consults. Even if you have to pay for it, feel free to walk away if you are not more than 90% sure that the surgeon shares your aesthetic.
-this website if fantastic but I cannot emphasize enough that surgeons vary vastly despite the seemingly "routine" nature of the surgery. The devil is in the details, take your time and meet with lots of people in person if need be. As a physician I know how different opinions an be on the exact same issue (incision, placement, sizing, post op bra,when you should expect final results. That is because there is no "standard of practice " for most of these. Pick a qualified surgeon (ask me if you need further details) and one who listens and addresses your concerns. All of your questions should be answered by them, especially post op.
- good luck ! I know there are a lot of reviews on here and I'm particularly wordy, but I'm very passionate about this process and have a little bit of knowledge of how doctors work being a doctor myself, and Is be happy if even one person finds this useful !!! Get ready to change your life !!
Having trouble finding bras that are cute !!
About 2 months out
Right boob finally dropping, wish pics for reference
3 months !
Returning to daily exercise !
Dr. Danielpour is a truly gifted man. Not only is he a phenomenal surgeon with superb technical knowledge (in my non surgeon opinion) he is warm, personable, and truly patient- oriented. He is focused on getting you the results you want while being open and honest about real-life limitations and managing patient expectations. As a physician I hate going to the doctor (go figure ) but him I feel comfortable and like I have someone on my side ! I could not recommend him more for anyone considering BA +/- lift. Save your time, money, peace of mind, and most importantly give yourself the best shot at getting your dream body by going to see Dr. Danielpour!