Double eyelid surgery resulting in Lagophthalmos and Uneven Eyes - Los Angeles, CA

Let me start out by saying that I never expected...

Let me start out by saying that I never expected perfect results. I consider myself quite laidback and understanding. I knew my heavy lids with ptosis would be hard to operate on, and I would've been content with fairly natural lids. Heck, I would be ecstatic if I could have the eyes that I had after my second revision, even though it ended with my double eyelid fading away. At least that would still be operable by someone else.

Had five - FIVE - revisions with a surgeon who assured me each time that he would make it right.

And I actually believed him. He sounded so calm and self-assured, with his fancy certifications and diplomas, and I was broke, naive, and desperate.

The second to last time, he chatted with his nurses while working and ended up flipping my eyelid outwards. Said nothing, walked away. Had my stitches out two weeks later and the eyelid was still flipped outwards, and he still said nothing. Finally agreed that something was wrong when I pointed it out to him (he was annoyed that I posted my concerns up on Realself, because I was starting to have real misgivings when I read that the doctor was supposed to correct an upturned lid in 2 weeks and he, the doctor, was saying nothing about something that clearly looked wrong to my mother,) and then operated on my eye again the week after, resulting in what you see in the picture.

Contacted numerous (numerous, I tell you) top doctors in Korea, and NONE of them said they'd be able to let me close my eye all the way again (the closest I got was 75%.) I'll probably be suffering from Lagophthalmos and dry eyes for the rest of my life, unless they figure out a way to fix it in the future. But for now, I'm screwed.

Went to the doctor, who again said he'd be able to fix my eyes without any problems. I no longer trust this doctor. Don't get your eyes done in the U.S. and don't fall for the talk. The pictures are also deceiving. Demand to see *numerous* pictures of patients that the doctor has DIRECTLY operated on, and of the same kind of operation. If the doctor screws up the first time, take it as a warning sign and look elsewhere.

Take out a private loan if you must and don't settle for a free revision from the same doctor.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

He's a great talker. May be good if you have thin eyelids and can get non-incisional surgery. If you have thick eyelids and ptosis, look for a doctor in Korea.