33 Yr Old, 1 Child and Gallbladder Removal Scar. Extended TT and Lipo on Interior and Lateral Thighs - Los Alamitos, CA

I am beyond excited and nervous at the same time....

I am beyond excited and nervous at the same time. I have dealt with a bulging belly for way too long. I don't expect to be a size 2 after this (far from it) but I do want a flatter stomach that will allow me to feel comfortable in a bathing suit, dress, even a jumper. I am starting a bucket list at 33 because I realize you shouldn't wait until you are retired. Tomorrow is never guaranteed so why wait for a future that might not happen. I am 225 lbs and 5'8. I don't mind a thick body. Just don't want my buldges dictating how loose my clothes need to be. Looking forward to getting the extra weight off my midsection as well because it will probably make a difference on my back pain. Fingers crossed. Only one week away!

3 days post op

The first two days I spent most of my time in bed sleeping abd regaining my energy. Thankfully I purchased a contour pillow that helped me stay in the correct position all day/night. I have been able to go to the bathroom on my own and get in and out of bed. Guess all of the previous surgeries paid off.

Fast forward to today. I had my post op appointment. By my request, my doctor took pics of what was actually removed from my body. Amazing stuff! 6 pounds of fat and skin. It was crazy! Plus I had severe muscle separation and a hernia under my belly button that I didn't even know existed! This surgery ended up being more beneficial than just looking better. I am so grateful for Dr. Esmailian. He and his wife Sam are such sweethearts and truly care for their patients.

Took my first shower

Wow... What a challage and a struggle. It was the first time I needed to take off my girdle and put it back on. Finally got to see what happened under my bandages. I am extremely impressed and can't believe it is me! No more lumps that will hold me back from wearing a dress! ???? Here are some pics!

More pics.

Sorry, I hit post before I finished adding the rest of my pics. Let's do a before/after set up. ???? This is only day 5 and I know there is still a lot of swelling. But wow!!! What a difference already!

Drains out and everything is healing well.

When I first starting consulting with plastic surgeons about my TT, the first reaction when they saw my gallbladder scar was to recommend I did NOT get the full TT. Having the gallbladder surgery posses a risk of insufficient blood flow to the area which may result in dead skin around the area. Thankfully Dr. Esmailian has history with this case and felt from the beginning that I will heal just fine. Thank God he was right! I had my appointment today and he said everything is healing great! I even wore a dress today that I purchased a year ago and never wore because it didn't look right on me. Woohoo!!!!

3 weeks

Wow.. Can't believe 3 weeks have already past. I am healing very well. Doctor said that I am not retaining fluids after the drains came out and I am feeling great. I am very swollen every night after a long day of work but that is to be expected. I had lipo in my inner thighs so I noticed if I don't massage the area I will get lumps. So although it hurts, i try to massage them daily. I started using bioCorneum for the scar and I also use Mepitac tape over it to help the raised part of the scar. I have a LOT of scar due to it being an extended tummy tuck. I am down one dress size from before but everything fits SO MUCH BETTER! Even with the swelling. I try to stay away from pants and where a dress pretty much every day. I eat normal but can't wait to get to week 6 so I can start to excercise again. I am so happy with the way things came out. Even if I stay at a 16 (although I hope it is not the case), I love the way I feel. I still have stretch marks but I am ok with that. It is my reminder of having my daughter. I wouldn't trade those. Thank you to all who are following my journey.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Esmailian! He is not afraid to tell you if you should skip a surgery or if it is even worth having. He isn't selling you services, he is there to guide you in the right direction. Dr. Esmailian and his wife, Sam, are an absolute delight. Very down to earth. Sam is always available when I have a question. They eased my nerves and have helped me prepare for my surgery. The day of surgery, Dr. Esmailian's calm demeanor calmed me down and I was fortunate enough to have him taking care of me. I was unaware of a hernia that I had which he found during the surgery and he thankfully did what he needed to have it removed. It wasn't as if he felt it wasn't his job to do that because it wasn't why he was in there. He did what he had to do to make sure I was 100% better. I can't be more grateful! Thank Dr. Esmailian for being you!