Scared That Only About 3 Pounds Was Removed... - Long Island, NY

I had my smart lipo done on my flanks, stomach and...

I had my smart lipo done on my flanks, stomach and outer thighs today. I had been contemplating smart lipo for a number of years and finally decided to take the plunge. Im 40 years old 5'6" and weigh around 138. I wasn't really that nervous until I got to the office. I took a valume as prescribed 30 minutes before, but I felt it did nothing so I took another and it seemed to help a bit more. My doctor came in and marked me up. I will be honest the numbing stuff was really quite painful, but the actual Laser part just feels like a weird pressure and the suction part kinda burns. Having said that I'm still very glad I chose to stay awake. The procedure took about 2 hours and they removed 1500 ccs. I was very excited until I googled it and found out that is only around 3 pounds. :-( But im trying not judge before I see my result. I did a lot of reading on this sight and I got lots of great tips; #1 was get two compression garments because first 48 hours u can leak from incision and need an extra while washing the other. #2 is wear warm socks its cold in operating room! Right now I feel pretty sore but nothing unbearable . Tomorrow I will post some pictures right now I'm extremely bloated and swollen.

Day one post op

Well, I cant get the damn ink off but feel pretty good just sore but able to cook, shower and walk around the house with minimal pain. Didn't even bother taking asprin. Drinking lots of water. Im pretty swollen and have some bruising which I expect will get worse before it gets better. Ive been taking the arnica montana tablets. Ive decided to post the after pics tomorrow because I Don't want to be out of my garment for any length of time and its such a pain to put on and off. Ive also been told the more u wear the garment the better the results. I was told by a PA that after her smart lipo procedure she wore the garment for 3 months! I was dreading 6 weeks ... still upset over the 3 pounds honestly I thought that they would take a MINIMUM of 5.... but like I said not going to jump to any conclusions.

2 days post op

Not seeing any difference at all and my measurements are actually bigger. Here are the pics. Praying that this is just swelling :-(

18 days post op

Well the upside is that the discomfort is almost gone now only have it at night while sleeping. The downside is that I don't see any results. None. I actually think my stomach looks worse. My doctor says swelling. But I just don't see how there is going to be that dramatic of a change when swelling is gone. Trying to be patient but right now I feel like I completely wasted almost 6 grand. And I'm so sick of this garment I could scream. Ok rant # 3 over. :-/

One Month Post today

Well still no result. At least I'm no longer larger than I was...I'm seriously considering beating my doctor with a large stick or demanding my money back. Either or....

Took me a year and a half to write my final review and its def a big thumbs down

It took me quite some time to decide to update this review as I was hopeful that I could resolve my dissatisfaction with my results with my doctor (Arnold Brightbart) and that he would do the right thing by me. After several back and forth discussions with Dr. Breightbart wherein I told him how unhappy I was particularly with my stomach. Dr. Breightbart went on to tell me that he could not possibly remove more fat without possibly rippling my skin. He continued to tell me that my lack of result was "swelling" he told me this at every single follow up visit that he "could not remove anymore fat" without "rippling my skin" and "you have swelling" is what he told me at all of my post op visits.

When my final 6 month post up visit rolled around I was extremely upset and crying that I spent 6 thousand dollars and that I had no change in measurements and looked EXACTLY the same. Dr. Brightbart went on to produce pictures that I can only say seemed altered and taken zoomed in to give the impression that I was bigger than I really was. I cannot say for sure that he altered them but I will tell you they were oddly zoomed in. I showed the pictures to my boyfriend family and friends who all agreed that I never looked like my before pictures. (You all can look at my pictures and see,,,, I'm the same). I am not an unrealistic person, I knew it was a "sculpting" procedure but I had no difference in clothes or measurements nor did I look any better than before. When I started to cry and ask for a return of at least part of my money (I only asked for a refund of the 2K of the 6 thousand I spent) Dr. Brightbart went on to say that it could take a YEAR now to see my result and that if I was that unhappy he would do my abdomen again. Wait, WHAT?? he told me over and over that he could not take any more fat without rippling my skin...so why was he suddenly offering to do it again? And how could I possibly trust this man!?

So here I am 1.5 years later giving my review. I think it safe to say the swelling is down and still no result. OH, and I also wanted to bring up another thing he told me at my 6 month post op. He told me at my 6 month post op that I had visceral fat. This really put me over an edge. If he felt I had "visceral fat" then why didn't he tell me at my consult, isn't that the point of a consult?! He told me I would have a "great" result on my hips and flanks and a "good "result on my stomach. (I will say that I do feel I had a very ,very SLIGHT improvement in my flank and hip area but no result at ALL in abdomen). Why didn't he represent this to me BEFORE I plunked down 6K?

I just hope my review is a warning to anyone who is considering using this Doctor. He does not take enough fat and he will not be honest about the result or do right by you if you are unhappy.
Arnold Breitbart

It took me quite some time to decide to update this review as I was hopeful that I could resolve my dissatisfaction with my results with my doctor (Arnold Breitbart) and that he would do the right thing by me. A little info about me I am 40 year old woman 5'6" and weigh about 140 pounds. I had Smart Lipo preformed by Dr. Breitbart January 2014 and on that date Dr. Breitbart removed a total of 3 pounds of fat. After several back and forth discussions with Dr. Breitbart wherein I told him how unhappy I was particularly with my results on my abdomen. Dr. Breitbart went on to tell me that he could not possibly remove more fat without possibly rippling my skin. He continued to tell me that my lack of result was "swelling" he told me this at every single follow up visit that he "could not remove anymore fat"without rippling my skin" and "you have swelling" is what he told me at all of my post op visits. When my final 6 month post up visit rolled around I was extremely upset and crying that I spent 6 thousand dollars and that I had no change in measurements and looked EXACTLY the same. Dr. Brieitbart went on to produce pictures that I can only say seemed altered and taken zoomed in to give the impression that I was bigger than I really was. I cannot say for sure that he altered them but I will tell you they were oddly zoomed in. I showed the pictures to my boyfriend, family and friends who all agreed that I never looked like my before pictures. (You all can look at my pictures and see,,,, I'm the same). I am not an unrealistic person, I knew it was a "sculpting" procedure but I had no difference in clothes or measurements nor did I look any better than before. When I started to cry and ask for a return of at least part of my money (I only asked for a refund of the 2K of the 6 thousand I spent) Dr. Breitbart went on to say that it could take a YEAR now to see my result and that if I was that unhappy he would do my abdomen again. Wait, WHAT?? he told me over and over that he could not take any more fat without rippling my skin...so why was he suddenly offering to do it again? And how could I possibly trust this man!? He refused to refund me even 2K of the 6K spent, but he would do it again and risk making me deformed? (remember he told me over and over that he took all of the fat that he could take with out rippling my skin) does this make any sense to any one? So here I am 1.5 years later giving my review. I think it safe to say the swelling is down and still no result. OH, and I also wanted to bring up another thing he told me at my 6 month post op. He told me at my 6 month post op that I had visceral fat. This really put me over an edge. If he felt I had "visceral fat" then why didn't he tell me at my consult, isn't that the point of a consult?! He told me that I would have a "great" result on my flanks and hips a "good "result on my stomach. (I will say that I do feel I had a very ,very SLIGHT improvement in my flank and hip area, but no result at ALL in abdomen). Why didn't he represent this visceral fat issue to me BEFORE I plunked down 6K? The answer is simple, he just wanted my money! I just hope my review is a warning to anyone who is considering using this Doctor. HE DOES NOT TAKE ENOUGH FAT and he will not be honest about the result or do right by you if you are unhappy.