My review on the regular VI Peel!

Here is the video BEFORE my appointment of the...

Here is the video BEFORE my appointment of the regular VI peel!

I am Caribbean and am considered to have a 'golden dark' skin tone. I have 'normal' skin for the most part; don't really suffer from dryness, the problem is mostly hyperpigmentation from acne scars, and mild acne from time to time.

I read many reviews that almost scared me away from doing the appointment, but I went in with a positive attitude and high hopes that I would get the results I'm I've been looking for!

Day 1 of the VI Peel (30 minutes afer my appointment)

Here is a video of how I felt immediately after my appointment (approximately 30 minutes)!

Day 2 of the VI Peel

I'm following up on Day 2 of the VI peel. Looking back, my skin did look brighter than it did the previous day!

Day 3 of the regular VI Peel

Day 3: My skin is starting to peel! You can see the difference between the peeled skin and the skin that has yet to peel! Please leave a comment below if you have any questions!

Day 4 of the regular VI peel

Here is how I feel on Day 4! There seems to be a whitish film across my face; that's just from applying the post-peel protective agent and the SPF 55 cream. Also, with every video I've made I've used natural sunlight so you can really see my skin clearly, but today has been much more cloudy than the previous days so that's why my skin my seem a little dull.

Day 5 of the regular VI Peel

I am FLOORED with the results of my VI Peel! It works people! You just gotta be patient, have a good attitude and let your skin heal IN IT'S OWN TIME!

Things to remember before getting the VI Peel:
1) Do NOT go into the VI peel with open cuts/pimples on your face. Not only is it gross, but it will cause for a more unpleasurable experience and the peel WILL burn those open areas and might even cause hyperpigmentation!. Wait for your skin to heal/scab up, then go forth with the peel

2) Don't allow your doctor to put acetone on your face prior to the peel. Do you know what acetone was made for? To remove nail polish and melt plastic; it's NOT meant to clean your face! A simple alcohol wipe will do!

3) Start with the NORMAL PEEL FIRST! Everyone's skin reacts differently to different types of chemicals. When you go to a restaurant (i.e. an Indian Restaurant) and try foods for the first time, (unless you're my mom and you're crazy about spices) you wouldn't typically try the spiciest curry first! You would start with the normal meal or the medium to see how you feel! THE SAME GOES FOR THE VI PEEL! The VI precision plus peel is 25% stronger than the regular peel.. Yes, maybe I would've seen a more dramatic increase in the fading of my scars, but I wanted to see how my skin would react to the NORMAL peel first and so should you!

4) FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AFTER YOU GET THE PEEL! Some people will try and spice it up and add new things; directions are given to you for a reason; Follow them!

5) Do NOT; I repeat, DO NOT RUSH THE PEELING PROCESS! You put yourself at risk for hyperpigmentation, because you're literally exposing raw skin that has not healed! Not only that, you WILL experience discomfort when applying different moisturizers because the skin is 100% raw and exposed to the air!

6) Give yourself the FULL 7 days to heal! I've read reviews where people are angry that their face hasn't healed by day 5 and they have a wedding or some kind of special event to go to the next day... Everyone's skin heals at different rates! You need a full 7 days not only for your skin to stop peeling, but for the PH balances in your skin to return back to normal! How can you get beautiful skin if you don't give it the time it needs to heal?
The Skin Clinic

I had a lady named Ursula from 'The Skin Clinic' in Huntington Village. She was very nice and answered all of my questions prior to the procedure, but she did seem a bit rushed when actually putting the peel on my face. She kept talking about how she had to leave after doing my 'procedure,' which ultimately made me feel more like an inconvenience than a priority. Also, reviewing this peel on other websites, the price of this peel is $260, so I'm not exactly sure why I was charged $300. I know the price varies from place to place, but the fact that I was charged $300 means I could've received one of the stronger peels, as opposed to just the normal one.