Rhinoplasty, Love the Results!! - London, GB

I've wanted a nose job since I was a teenager. I...

I've wanted a nose job since I was a teenager. I actually went to a surgeon when I was 18 and he drew a picture of my nose! And I was thinking how on earth can I tell from that what he plans to do with it! So I left it and 10 years later I decided to have a consultation with Mr Lucian Ion. I discovered him from reading all the different reviews on various websites and knew he did the 3d morphs so he seemed like a good choice for a first consultation.
You pay for the first consultation but after that you can go back as many times as you need to. I had 3 consultations in total, after all this is your face and you want to get it right!
Mr Ion is lovely. He will spend as much time as you want getting everything right with the images and answering your questions. I took in photos of noses I liked and disliked and he showed me things like how different celebrities have nice noses but if you were to put them on me they wouldn't look right. He is skilled at getting the best look from your own face.
I booked in to have it done at Weymouth hospital-I'll be honest, I know a lot of people will say it's just uncomfortable but I really did suffer for the first few days afterwards. All the meds and blood in my stomach made me sick which is not easy to do sitting up holding on to your nose! I couldn't eat or sleep till about day 3, but after that things got a lot easier. I had the internal splints out on day 3,( it doesn't hurt, just feels weird) as they kept making me want to sneeze which you're not allowed to do.
Visually, nothing prepared me for how I looked those first few days. You know you'll be swollen and bruised but I don't think I was prepared for how little like myself I looked! Fortunately by the end of the week I was looking a lot better.
Cast off day was terrifying. The thing was my nose wasn't awful to begin with, I didn't like it but no one ever commented on it and there was the scope for it to look worse. When the nurse took off the cast it felt like she was pulling my nose off my face, which is an odd feeling since you've been so delicate with it all week. But when I looked at it I wanted to cry. Somehow Mr Ion had transformed it into exactly what I wanted, even at 7 days post op, I loved it! He is an extremely talented man. I love it so much I'm scared that the swelling that's bound to occur over the next few weeks will change it. I cannot believe how much difference the subtle work he's done had made. It looks even better than the morphs he did. I know that I am really lucky and a lot of people have to wait for the swelling to go down but I really am so thrilled with the results. I will update in a few weeks how the swellings going and whether I am still so happy.

Photos!

Couple of profile pics!

Photos

A couple of profile pics!

3 and a half months post! So happy!

Just thought I'd post a quick update to let you know how well it's all going. The swelling on the bump and tip has gone completely I think, my nose has no bump at all now (which I miss a little but am not complaining!!). Only a handful of people have noticed or are too polite to say and I just pretend that this was the nose I was born with. Until you start putting photos next to each other it's a hard thing to compare, probably no one else has spent that much time looking at my nose apart from me!
I wish I could post pics of how it looks now but like I mentioned before no one knows I had the op so I really don't want to risk the chance of it being seen. I will say that the result now which I'm guessing is pretty much final is extremely close to the morphs I had so for anyone thinking of going with Lucian Ion make sure you're happy with those and you're half way there.
I cannot breathe that well at night through my left nostril so I think my internal swelling has not reduced as much as the external. It's not a major concern but I'll see how it goes over the next few months.
I feel happier and more confident than I've ever felt before, just wish I'd done it sooner.
London Plastic Surgeon

Patient, considerate, friendly and extremely talented.