Rhinoplasty Plus Chin Implant - London, GB

Male late 40's - wanted this 25 years ago but had...

Male late 40's - wanted this 25 years ago but had an unpleasant experience when I went for a consultation. Now braver and rich enough and deciding I need to change for my self esteem for the future I finally bit the bullet.
Location The Centre Hammersmith Grove.
Early start at the location 6.45 so stayed in a hotel the night before. Slept 3 hours thinking what am I doing etc but basically just switched off and went into surreal mode.
Very pleasant people to deal with - always positive. Lose clothing - you don't need to take them off. _ anesthetic chap was the first to plug something into my arm - still swollen with a bruise a week later but it's not in view so it does not matter. Walked in the theatre room - lay on a table - got comfy and t started - within a few minutes I was asleep didn't feel a thing. 3 hours or so later woke up - took approx 30 mins to come around to feeling sharp. Headache down left hand side only - think this was mainly due to dehydration as you can't drink much before hand. Went away after a couple of hours of topping up fluids. Went back to the hotel by taxi with a nurse. She stayed for a couple of hours, left 130 ish. Cost 120£. Cleaned my nose out once and bought a bottle of water for me that I requested otherwise she spent most of the time on her phone which was fair enough as what else was she supposed to do. I was not really in a chatty mood anyway! Tried to eat a sandwich - big mistake- although it was soft chewing was very very uncomfortable. Had a hourly routine - ice packs - glass of water, arnica gel - rest and repeat - made the goals achieve able. Banana didn't work at that stage either. I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep and I was right - it was not painful just very uncomfortable - as if something alien was on my face - enough to put you off sleeping - I finally managed 4 hours I would say 2 to 6. I had the option of diazepam as prescribed but I didn't want to use it - only in an emergency I thought I could be put up with discomfort.
Carried on with the same hourly routine until I left the hotel at 11 to go back home. Breakfast was soggy cornflakes and orange juice which was perfect as it just slides down without chewing - tried some soft toast but again very uncomfortable.
The hotel was shepherds bush boutique hotel. I walked to Hammersmith on the morning of the procedure 13 mins and got the taxi back. Advance warning to Anita at the hotel that I would not be engaging in conversation with reception and just walked straight passesd after returning from the procedure and on leaving the hotel. Room service for the food I ate. They understood I needed privacy and discretion and were great. I wanted a small comfortable hotel rather than a large one with lots of people around so this worked perfectly.
Next couple of days just rested and followed the hourly procedure. Swelling and bruising was different on each day. Fifth day in I feel able to eat normally again. Stuck with soups for lunch and easy non chewing food for tea eg Chilli con carne spaghetti bolognese lasagne.
Dehydration was a problem even though drinking 2 liters of water a day -no other drinks just water. I guess the pills gave me a dry mouth.
Showered from neck down from day 3 onwards. No hair wash until day 7 just in case the cast got wet.
Day 7 went back to Hammersmith for taking stiches out and remove nose cast and images taken. When comparing then there is a noticeable improvement but everything is still swollen so I am Hoping for much more when back to normal in a few weeks.
Effectlivey taken two weeks off but with my job I can work from home which works well. With the bruising still prominent underneath eyes and around the nose now I can see it it will take at least two weeks. I was given some make up to cover the bruises.
Now day 8 and feeling normal - just wish the bruising and swelling of the nose would go down more quickly but it is early days I know I have to be patient.
I am going to file in the stars based on what I hope will be the end result as it is too early for me to call the procedure a success.
Good luck to anyone else going through this - if in London and you would like some support drop me a line and I will help if I can.
NB price given is in dollars sterling price was 10500.
Sorry I prefer privacy so no images.
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Professional calm confident positive supportive - all characteristics I was looking for.