Revision Rhinoplasty with Lucian Ion - London, GB

Having had so much help and advice from Realself I...

Having had so much help and advice from Realself I thought I ought to write about my experience.

I first had a rhinoplasty at 16. It was ok and I lived with it for 26 years but my nose was still asymmetrical and still a slight bump on my bridge.
I foolishly had a second rhinoplasty last year by a local surgeon I knew little about. He was a qualified ENT surgeon who supposedly specialised in rhinoplasties. I didn't think to ask about surgery he'd done or ask for photos and feel really stupid now for not doing so. I didn't know about Realself then either so went blindly into surgery. The result was an even more asymmetrical nose, over resected bridge (with ski slope look) and inability to breathe properly through 1 nostril. So this year has been awful as I've avoided going out and become very depressed about my nose.
I started planning revision surgery almost immediately yet the year ahead before I could have more surgery seemed so long. I poured over Realself to find a surgeon to fix the mess and only one name came up again and again with great results -Lucian Ion. I've also found being able to chat with others on this site for advice brilliant too.
I'm 12 days post op and although swollen I can see how good my nose now looks. I had rib cartilage inserted so the profile is wonderful. I can breathe really well and it's finally symmetrical!
It's still early days and am still a bit sore and numb but I feel I am now feeling much better and more confident than I have in a long time so thank you Mr Ion and Realself!

18 days post

Still swollen but healing very well and I'm also feeling less numb around the tip. Pain where rib graft taken is completely gone

New pics

I saw Mr Ion again last week and had another steroid injection to lesson the swelling on the left side. I'm really pleased at the difference from the bridge at the front. The vertical lines either side have gone and it looks a lot smoother. The tip still slightly numb but it's improving. Mr Ion told me he had put rib cartilage in the tip too which I never realised before!
London Plastic Surgeon

I had 2 consultations with Mr Ion before surgery. He spent a long time discussing everything with me and I left feeling confident and reassured that he could help me.