Revision Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty. London, GB

Hi all! :) I had a joint revision rhinoplasty and...

Hi all! :)

I had a joint revision rhinoplasty and genioplasty procedure with Mr Ion and Henri Thuau on the 20th of April 2015 and I am now 4 weeks post op. So far I have had a really positive experience with Mr Ion from consultation stage to post surgery and have been really well looked after.

I won't go into too much detail on the surgery and recovery unless there is any one out there who would like me to as I know it is rare to find any info on genioplasty - I know I struggled - so if any one does want the ins and outs, I'm happy to do some posts on what I went through in the recovery! In a nutshell I had a very bad rhinoplasty abroad. The surgeon was meant to remove a hump on the bridge but he removed far too much cartilage from the top third and left me with severe polly beak looking nose. It really was horrific. I had temporary fillers with another UK surgeon for a while before eventually settling for surgery with Mr Ion. For my chin, I just felt it was very bulky from the side and from the front very manly and heavy. I wanted Mr Ion to narrow it from the front and remove the bulkiness which he did and also advanced my chin by some mm's to give me a better profile which suited my nose better.

I had a LOT of swelling post both in my nose and chin and at the moment a lot of the swelling has gone down in the bridge of my nose (I can now feel bone which is really weird as there was nothing there before!!) but the tip is very very swollen which is annoying but from what my nose was, I can put up with it! My chin has felt really weird and numb and I've started to get the feeling back in my lower teeth and chin but the right side feels strange and like a muscle or a nerve is tight which makes me lip look a bit lopsided but I am only 4 weeks post surgery and I wasn't even expecting to get this much sensation back so I'm optimistic that this will sort itself out soon!

All in all, at the moment I am very happy with the results and I feel human again and no longer like I have a deformed nose! Mr Ion is a fantastic surgeon and is a very genuine, honest person who knows exactly what he is doing and puts your mind at rest which is what made me want to have surgery with him over the other surgeon I had originally gone to see.

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer and for those having surgery with Mr Ion soon, you are in very safe hands! :)
London Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic surgeon who made me feel very much at ease and has done a brilliant job. Thank you Lucian Ion!