Correction of Failed Otoplasty - London, GB

?After twenty-two years living with an otoplasty...

After twenty-two years living with an otoplasty which went horribly wrong, I finally found a surgeon who was able to fix it beyond my wildest expectations.

Background:

Both ears were overly corrected (too close to my head) and with completely different shapes.

The right ear looked as if it was folded back with a ruler, in a straight line with no natural curve and the other a cauliflower ear (see photos).

I had a follow-up operation a year later to correct the right ear, the operation made no difference whatsoever.

As the years went by, I was still very unhappy. It affected my self-esteem and confidence. In almost every conversation I had with a new acquaintance, I would notice their gaze eventually drawn towards my oddly shaped ears. It happened very naturally, nobody was intentionally staring to make me feel awkward, people just couldn't help it.

I decided that once I could afford to, I would find a world renown ear surgeon and go for it one last time.

After researching long and hard I came across David Gault, who is a master at what he does, I'm so glad I did.

Verdict:

During my initial consultation, David Gault politely asked for my opinion, he immediately understood my concerns and then gave me his suggestions. He is to the point, friendly and has a great sense of humour.

He agreed on what I wanted and suggested trimming the ear slightly in order to make it rounder and smaller, something I did not even consider (or thought possible).

After the surgery:

A week after the surgery, the bandages were removed and to my delight, even though still swollen, my ears looked normal for the first time in my life!

I cannot thank David Gault enough for his truly amazing and life changing effort.

Before and after

Here is a front view of both ears before and after

Results after 12 days

Here is a picture of my ears after 12 days, I can see even more improvements in the shape as the swelling reduces.
London Plastic Surgeon