43 Year Old Mom of 2 Brazilian Tummy Tuck

I.ve been wanting a tummy tuck for years but...

I.ve been wanting a tummy tuck for years but thought I would have more kids after my daughters was born but didn't. I used to workout a lot but nothing I did could tighten the skin on my stomach. Two years ago I had an myomectomy and after have both of my children vaginal was lift with a scar and pouch. After the surgery I just couldn't get back to my old exercise routine. I was so discouraged looking at my stomach. Over last two years my stomach got worst. About 3 months ago I started working out and my stomach looked worst as I started to lose wait. Enough was enough and I got serious about getting a tummy tuck. I went back to the research I did over the years and started research doctors and different techniques. I joined the forum and started reading people's stories and looking at pictures. This process helped me figure out what I was looking for in terms of my procedure. I knew that a tummy tuck alone would fix my problem.

Stomach Before Surgery

This is what my stomach looked liked before my surgery. Ugh!!!

Day 3 Post Surgery

Haven't felt any pain today. The only issue I am having is with gas. Moving around helps a lot. If you have any advice please share. My appetite has improved after barely being able to hold water yesterday. Back massager has been a live saver. Cannot wait to get there drains out. My stomach looks great (will try and take some pictures). Wondering if the stretch marks near my belly button will fade and smooth out.

Day 4

Stomach is swollen and I later got my period. Looking forward to seeing how my stomach looks over the next couple of weeks.

Post Op Day 7

Finally in my compression garment and feeling so much better. I had two drains removed today but still have one open one in the back. Doc said he was impressed that I was too swollen. After reading everyone's post and getting my first lymphatic massage today I am happy i have it. The therapist was able to massage and drain a lot of liquid though it. I will continue to massage at home to drain liquid. Have a marble in my belly button and using silicone disc to hold it in.

Day 10 Feeling Wonderful

Today is day 10 and I am feeling wonderful. I was able to get my jeans over my compression garment. Before today I was too sure if I saw that much of a difference. However when I went to put on a sweater I could barely button two weeks ago not only was it loser in the arms it button all the way with easy. So excited. I guess that's the 8lbs he removed. Went to the salon today because I couldn't take my hair anymore. Had to overnight a second compression garment because I have to rotate them as I clean them. I will take pictures soon and post.

REPOST. Not sure how my post got lost but I to...

REPOST. Not sure how my post got lost but I to repost my original post about Dr. Mesa. I am almost 12 weeks post op and I am so happy. I tell anyone I can about how great he is. I feel and look great. Dr. Mesa recommended the best post op massage therapist who has been a great help. He only knows great people. Everyone please make sure you budget for messages for after your surgery. It makes such a difference and is worth it. It is important that you factor in the cost of everything you will need post op including massages, clothing, underwear (I went up a whole cup size), scar therapy, garments, etc. I read so many post where people just are doing their do dilgence post op. The surgery is a serious commitment and you have to take the time to heal and take care of yourself. I am still wearing a garament in the day and evening. I will probably switch to a waist garament in the next two weeks.

My scar is so small and Is healing great. Unlike so many others who get tummy tucks my scar is short which I am so happy about. I am using Embrace scar therapy and will let you know how that goes. I've had multiple follow up visits with Dr. Mesa which has made me feel very confident about my decision. Cristina is always a text away when I need her and responds quickly. I cannot imagine having gone to DR and not have easy access to my doctor and his team. Things come up and you have to go in or talk to someone. So please factor that in when making your decision. I know cost matters but my health comes first.  I've been working out a little at home. Nothing big. Signed up for boxing and will start In August. In the meantime I recommend anyone young or old get the Crazy Fit Massager. I get on it at least once a week after my massage and love it. It has toned up my legs, butt and stomach. I seriously debating whether to buy one since they are so reasonable and effective.  Please read my review about my surgery experience. I will post updates reviews later about my massage therapist and the Pink Room soon. I will also post some picture without clothes.

Loving My Curves

I feels so great to not have to worry about my stomach poking out more then my chest. Dr. Mesa did a such a great job shaping my body. People think I got a butt lifted but I didn't. All of this is a result of Dr. Mesa technique and Diana.

Enjoying the Flat Side

Haven't worn my short inside my shorts since 1997. Before my children I always wore my tops tucked in and belts. Finally I can go shopping for belts. Had an outfit like this in 22 and feel great wearing this at 42. The only problem I have is that now i feel like I have nothing to wear. I have a lot of clothes but they are either to big or designed to camouflage my stomach.

9 Months Post Op -Update

I am nine months post and I am so happy with my results. It has been a journey but worth it. I chose Dr. Mesa because of his technique and vision of what a woman should look like. All I can say is that he delivered. He shaped my body giving me a flat tummy, small waist and small waist and by default a bigger butt. Maintaining the results will take work but I am fine with that because I don't want to ruin his work. Started working out to tone up my legs and arms. Plan on consulting with Dr. Mesa about a breast lift and augmentation soon. He recommend I wait until after I healed from my tummy tuck. I've uploaded some pictures from yesterday so you can see my results so far.
New York Plastic Surgeon

I've been wanting a tummy tuck for years but thought I would have more kids after my daughters was born but didn't. I used to workout a lot but nothing I did could tighten the skin on my stomach. Two years ago I had an myomectomy and after have both of my children vaginal was lift with a scar and pouch. After the surgery I just couldn't get back to my old exercise routine. I was so discouraged looking at my stomach. Over last two years my stomach got worst. About 3 months ago I started working out and my stomach looked worst as I started to lose wait. Enough was enough and I got serious about getting a tummy tuck. I went back to the research I did over the years and started research doctors and different techniques. I joined the forum and started reading people's stories and looking at pictures. This process helped me figure out what I was looking for in terms of my procedure. I knew that a tummy tuck alone would fix my problem. After several consultations I knew that Dr. Mesa the man for the job. His attention to detail, concern about my overall health and unlike others he didn't try to up sell me. If felt comfortable and he spent time explaining to me his recommendation and the procedure. In addition Cristina, the patient coordinator is the best. She responded to my numerous text messages and answered all my questions. She also provided me with two wonderful references that gave me great advice. My surgery was yesterday and I couldn't imagine such a great experience. Everyone at Saint Barnabas surgical facility was phenomenal. They were kind attentive and made me feel comfortable. Shout out to nurse Grimes, Maria and Steve. Dr. Mesa's entire surgical team was also wonderful. They were kind, patient and had a great sense of humor. After my surgery I was transported to CareOne at Livingston. Upon arrival I was greeted by nurse Nancy who throughout my stay was a delight to be around and constant support. I am so glad I stayed there the first night. I actually thought about staying another day. Dr. Mesa called me last night to check on me and came to visit me this morning. He has great bedside manner and makes you feel like everything is going to be fine. Dr. Mesa's professionalism and aestheticism. So far I have not experienced unbearable pain. My biggest struggle has been finding a comfortable position to lay or sit for a long period of time.