45 Years Old - Lift with Natrelle 421cc - Leawood, KS

I had always joked about getting implants, you...

I had always joked about getting implants, you know "wouldn't it be nice if..." but never really considered it an option. After two kids and gravity had taken their toll I had gotten used to putting my boobs back in my bra anytime after bending over. That is, unless I wanted to wear a sports bra that left me without any shape at all. Who wants that? I guess I was used to having a nice figure, before, and now my self esteem was taking a hit because I was a mom who put my kids first and there was nothing left for me. A crazy set of circumstances later and I have a little money and a husband who encouraged me to do whatever I needed to be happy. Like everything I do, I took a deep breath, did a lot of research, made my decision and did it. From the first thought of "I think I might want implants" to surgery date was about 45 days.

So the journey begins. I decided to on two consultations. For both doctors the consultations went very well. I felt comfortable with both and each answered all of my questions. The decision didn't come down to price. The quotes from both doctors were less than $1,000 apart. How did I decide? My second consultation was with Dr. Hodge with Monarch Plastic Surgery. His staff was wonderful. Kimber helped me feel at ease and was very great throughout the entire process. I chose Dr. Hodge because I would do the lift I needed and the implant size I wanted. The first doctor, for some reason, would only do the lift with a smaller implant. Sorry, but if I am spending this kind of cash I am getting what I want the first time. Dr. Hodge reassured me that I could have the lift and the implant size of my choosing. He explained that it is a more complicated procedure, but that he was comfortable with it and had done many of them. After discussing the consultations/doctors with my husband (who had been present at both consultations), I called and scheduled my surgery date, June 12, 2015.

Brief synopsis: The surgery went as scheduled. It was a 3+ hour surgery. I came home and actually sat outside for awhile. I slept in a mostly upright position as I had read that it was difficult to get out of bed in the morning. They were right. For anything requiring my upper body I was useless for about a week. Little by little I was about to start getting back to normal. I was on pain killers Friday (after surgery), Saturday, and Sunday. I went back to work on Monday for a half day. I took only over the counter pain medication for the next month. Best advice, stay on top of the pain. For a couple of days I tried to take medication only at night, but found I was achy and not able to do as much.

Currently - I am just shy of three months out. I feel really good, not 100% all of the time. As a nice little side effect I had really sensitive nipples, felt like I was breastfeeding again. I just reminded myself that it was good to have sensitivity (better than the alternative). The sensitivity has improved a lot but not quite back to normal. The implants have dropped and look great. I went from a 36 A/B to 36D. I have Natrelle Style 15 (midrange Profile) 421cc. I had considered the 397 cc, but had read on this site that everyones one wish was that they had gone bigger. Also, Dr. Hodge's nurse, Kimber, was great in this process giving me her honest opinion and professional insight. She was a great help. I will post a before and after picture soon.
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

From consultation, to surgery, to after care Dr. Hodge has been great. He was professional, insightful, and comforting. I saw him for a lift with augmentation. He answered any questions/concerns I had regarding the procedure. Not to forget his staff, Kimber was awesome, as well as everyone else I encountered. Kimber was a great help with size selection, giving her personal and professional opinion (so glad I listened to Kimber). At each and every appointment I felt like a friend stopping by for a visit. I highly recommend Dr. Hodge and his staff, phenomenal experience.