Far More Painful Than I Expected,no results. - Colorado

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had the procedure on Nov 6. I had four 8"...

I had the procedure on Nov 6. I had four 8" sections in essentially a diamond pattern around my belly button. The lower sections were extremely uncomfortable, but the upper sections were downright painful. The feeling of having your skin stretched and pulled was almost enough to have me squirming. Then, when they took the applicator off and did the massage part, I about came uncorked. I have a pretty good pain tolerance, but almost lost my cool. The last section was the worst. I was soooooo glad to get it done so I could leave.

The swelling was terrible. I looked pregnant! I went from a 32" measurement the morning of the treatment to 36" that night. It was gross. My skin was numb but the tissue under earth was sore already. Like I'd done about 1000 crunches.

Day 1- still very swollen and sore. Wore spanx to try to hold everything still to minimize the pain. Definitely no jeans. Not that I could have gotten them buttoned over my new 35" waist. Leggings and a long sweater that day.

Day 2 - started to feel like I'd been punched in the gut about 100 times. Bruises started to really appear. Still swollen and miserable. No sleep. Couldn't sleep on side or stomach. And the least touch anywhere near my side or stomach sent electrical shocks through my body.

Day 3- the bruising is worse. The pain is excruciating. The nerve damage is the worst. It's a constant feeling of electrical shocks through the entire treated area. Enough to make me nauseated. Can't wear jeans still. Can't sit still. Still having to take shallow breaths. Even the slightest touch to the area about puts me on my knees. Can't sleep, can't get comfortable. Seriously considering buying pajama jeans. The edges on the treated area feel like having your skin pulled very tight, even though there is no pulling going on.

Day 4- no change.

I stopped posting at Day 5, mainly because there...

I stopped posting at Day 5, mainly because there was another two full weeks of the same. I did get the RX for neurontin. I did very little to help. I was taking it and Motrin. THe pain was so intense, I was worried that something was actually wrong. The best I can describe it was the way I heave heard people describe shingles. Burning that makes you want to crawl out of your own skin.

I could only wear loose-fitting clothing (dresses with no waist/belt) and no undies (if I hadn't looked so swollen - preggo - and bruised, I'm sure my husband would have enjoyed THAT). And I couldn't work for more than 3-4 hours a day. I would try to push it and end up driving home in tears. And every bump or pothole I hit on the way was a brand new nightmare.

By the end of day 9, I went to my regular doctor, and she couldnt find anything "wrong" so she made a call on my behalf to the office where I had it done. I felt a little better when she told them that they obviously had done a poor job of preparing me for what to expect, since I have a high tollerance for pain. I left out of there with an RX for Vicodin. It helped with the pain, but then I had to keep on top of it. One missed dose and I was back in hell.

To give you an idea how I guage my pain tollerance level: I do laser hair removal on my underarms with no topical. I have had botox on my eyes and brow twice with no topical. I drove myself to the hospital when I went into labor, and drove myself home the day after the baby was born (driving a manual) because my husband had a broken femur and couldn't drive. And probably the best measure -- I had a full hysterectomy two years ago, and was back at work, against my boss' wishes, in less than one week. She wanted me to take more time, I felt like I could have gone back on day 4.

Back to coolsculpting: The pain finally subsided at the beginning of the 4-week mark. Then came the insane itching. The flesh under the skin was still very sore, like I had been punched in the gut over and over. So scratching the itch was out of the question. I finally found a nail brush that was good for scratching all over the area with. That itching lasted about 2 weeks.

I was still not able to wear pants at all until the end of the 4th week. Than God I have a large selection of dresses and it was a very warm fall.

By week 5 I was able to start wearing pants again, as long as they were soft material and had an elastic waist (glad leggings work in the fall and winter). The muscle soreness finally faded away that week too. Took my first measurement, still not back to the waist size I was the day of the procedure.

Week 6 - I had some rebounding of the nerve pain. Yikes. Here and there, out of the blue, electrical shocks of pain just rip through my side or stomach. Not fun. Still 1/2 an inch bigger than when I started.

Week 7 - Pain and itching finally a memory. Still no noticable change and the tape measure shows no changes either. I asked my husband to make this part of my Christmas present. He feels so bad that I went through so much, and have nothing to show for it, that he is insisting he buy me something else instead. What a Christmas non-miracle :-(

Well, it is now 6 months Post Cool sculpting and I...

Well, it is now 6 months Post Cool sculpting and I can def say that this was a complete and total waste of money. I feel like those people who get scammed out of money from an email promising that they won the lottery. Very disappointed, especially every month when I pay that credit card bill. I wish I could go back and invest that money in actual lipo that would have helped achieve the desired size reduction.
Le Med Spa

I chose this provider because they are the only one offering the procedure in a 250 radius. They charge too much, and I won't go back. IF I have repeat treatments, I'll go to Denver or Colorado Springs. Partly because they charge too much (can you say monopoly?), but mostly because I made the appointment with them and they charged my card for the procedure that day. I called the next day to try to cancel the appointment. I had decided I wanted to put this off until the spring and they told me there were no refunds, I had already been charged because they had already "ordered the plates" and "couldn't use them on anyone else." I was not impressed. Poor way to conduct business. I went ahead with the procedure, but will never go back to them for anything. Lets just hope it works.

3 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
2 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
3 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
3 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
2 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
3 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
1 out of 5 stars Payment process
3 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful