34 Year Old Female Very Overweight - Las Vegas, NV

I've been dieting for the past 6 years. I lost...

I've been dieting for the past 6 years. I lost 79lbs at one point and gained more than half. That was over 3 years ago. My recent diet was a very strict low carb diet. I was on that for 1 year. Then Thanksgiving 2015 happened. I went crazy with carbs! I could not get back on track. I gained back what I lost plus 20 additional pounds!!! I just can't seem to keep it off.

I've made up my mind. I want the gastric sleeve. I have my first appointment tomorrow. I'll be seeing Dr. Hanna, Bernie here in Las Vegas. I have read great reviews. My insurance covers the procedure but only up to $7,500. So we'll see what the out-of-pocket expense will be. I'm willing to rob a bank to get this surgery. Lol I'm kidding but I'll take a loan or whatever it takes. Will update after my appointment. I hope and pray
I have surgery this year sometime. I don't want it to take forever.

1st appointment is today.

I'm here in the waiting room. Im axious. I know this is what I want.

1st appointment completed

I met Dr Hanna and loved him! I had all my questions answered. I'll have to be on a 3 month diet, my Aetna insurance requires this. I will have at least 12 different appointments to complete. I'm feeling overwhelmed but it must be done. I won't even know my out of pocket expense until every appointment is done. That's the only complaint. I need an ECHO of my heart, upper GI test, letter of recommendation from pcp, psyche eval, nutritionist appointment once a month, gastric appointment once a month. I wish I was just paying cash!! ????

Gastric sleeve not gastric bypass

I clicked on gastric bypass and I can't change it. I'm trying to do the gastric sleeve.

Almost done with required appointments!

I have one more appointment this Friday. I passed the psych eval. Now I need a cardiac clearance. Can't wait till its all done.

Last appt for clearance!!!

So today is it. Last hoop I had to jump thru. I'm at the cardiologist getting cleared for surgery. It has been a loooooong process. My insurance better approve me for this.

I'm getting sleeved November!30th!!!!'

It's been a long road but my insurance approved my surgery. I'm scheduled for surgery Nov. 30th. I'm
getting nervous now though.

Some pics I took today...

Ok These will be my before pics pretty soon

Hospital wants 9k!!!!!

I'm so discouraged right now! My surgery is supposed to be November 30th and my surgeons office called me to let me know the hospital says their portion is $9,553!!!! I know my benefits state I pay a $1000 dollar deductible plus a hospital fee for inpatient. I called my insurance company and they have no clue why this facility wants to charge me this astronomical amount. I can't talk to nobody there because it's a 4 day weekend (Thanksgiving) I feel like they're just trying to get money out of me, or maybe they're looking at a different patients information?? I don't know... We'll see what happens this Monday when I call. I know there's no way I can pay that. I want to go to TIjuana now. I've heard Dr. Maytorena is great but my husband hates the idea.
Las Vegas Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Bernie Hanna but I've not met him yet.