42 Year Old with 3 Kids and Face Was Hollowing

So $800 was per syr, just to be clear. Having a...

so $800 was per syr, just to be clear. Having a baby every 7 yrs and working out has sort of left that hollow feel to my face. Plus I love the sun and wasn't good about sunscreen until this year. Actually I never noticed any issue with my face until this year and one day I walked up to my car and was horrified by the aged reflection in the window tint! It is amazing how aging can sneak up on you so quickly. So first let me give you my recommended treatment plan that my derm told me I needed for optimal results. It should be 2 syr of voluma in my cheeks to address the nasialfolds which bother me the most. And then Botox in the forehead and where the "11s" are starting to form. I decided to take a conservative approach because I was scared to have too much cheek volume since I had a more round face before and I wanted to make sure I still look like myself and have a more gradual return to youthfulness! So today I had 1 syr of Voluma in both cheeks and in 6 weeks I will have the second round and the Botox. So I will update more pics at that time. The difference is not huge right now but I can definitely see the volume in my cheeks and it looks better in the mirror than on my phone but maybe this will help someone trying to make a decision. I used Las Colinas Dermatology and have only seen Brooke, the Nurse Practitioner and I think she's pretty amazing. She absolutely made me feel super comfortable and I'm a big baby about everything! From a pain perspective it's a deep muscle injection between the muscle and the bone so it's like getting a B12 shot. Doesn't reall hurt going in, is just a little sore later. my problem was that I could hear it hitting the bone which was so freaky but Brooke was such a pro that I was laughing during most of the 10 min process. There is lidocaine in the injection and they numb you with a cream 20 min before so it's really barely a prick. Anyway here me yesterday in the grey shirt and then in the green shirt in the doctors office looking nervous and then back at work and hour later with no pain! Will update some over the next few days if any different and then again with progress.

3 weeks later pic

this is what the cheeks look like 3 weeks after first syringe. Will return on the 20th for the 2nd one

2nd syringe added today

so today was the third week after my first treatment and the day I had the second syringe added. While I still see some lining around my mouth I am thrilled to have cheeks again. 2 appears to be exactly the right amount for me and I feel like I just look a lot less tired instead of "done", so mission accomplished! I sure hope it lasts! There was a discount this week for customer appreciation week so total for the 2 syringes of Voluma was 1400, if it lasts for 18months as excepted it would definitely be worth every penny. Will post a few more pictures over the next few weeks once things settle. Again their was no bruising so far and these pics are without reapplying makeup from the procedure. Straight from the DR office.

1 week after second syringe was added. 30 days after first procedure

1 week after 2nd syringe that was divided between two cheeks.

2 1/2 months later

A couple of people had said they had similar "runners face" to mine before their Voluma and they weren't happy with the amount of time it lasted, needing more within a month or two. I'm posting this update for the benefit of those with similar body types or metabolisms. By that I mean I metabolize medicine very quickly. Example somethings meant to last 4-6 hours for me generally wears off in about 2 1/2. It being absorbed back early into my body is definitely my biggest concern right now. So far what I see in the mirror every day varies. Some days my cheeks feel plump and I'm very happy with the Voluma(like today, which is why I'm posting today) Other days I feel like my less side has visibly less product. Today I feel even and happy with my result. I have an appt with me seem next week for that Botox I've been waiting on, so I will ask her what is the cause of that. Using my vitamin c with Hydrolaunic acid and this new Korean BB cream seems to help with the appearance of plumpness. So for those of you considering, hopefully this short journey of mine will help with concerns some of you may have. I know it's expensive! Even though some days I feel like I probably needed one more syr because I still have varying degrees of the nasio folds, I don't regret this was for one second. I definitely feel like the 2 that I got were worth the money. I'll update more in a month or so
brooke smart