"Whoville" resident wanting straighter and smaller nose

My nose has always been pointy/bulbous but in the...

My nose has always been pointy/bulbous but in the past five years or so it's seem to grow larger and larger whil also going more sideways. Much more noticeable/unflattering with the growth of our selfie culture lol. Not the end of the world but I figure now happens to be a good time in my life to do something like this to take care of it. If anyone has had rhinoplasty please share any recovery experiences or tips along the way. My procedure is going to be the Monday after Thanksgiving eek and I will give updates after the surgery!

One day before surgery

I am having my surgery tomorrow morning and am getting nervous about the general anathesia eek. I told my mom about my rhinoplasty plans and she said I better make sure they use a good anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist because I apparently had a really bad experience for my wisdom teeth procedure a few years back. I've had a couple nightmares recently about me freaking out when they try to insert the IV. Logically, I know the doctor does this multiple times a week and I need to focus on the long term outcome : )

Buttt I'm secretly hoping there will be an option to give me sleeping gas before inserting the IV, though it looks like that option is generally just used in pediatric settings. I am also hoping twilight anesthesia/MAC/IV sedation to be an option because I am a small girl and pretty sure I'll have rough time after general butttt of course I didn't think of any of this until just before my surgery.

Surget day going well so far : )

I had my rhinoplasty this morning and I think it went really good. I didn't freak out with the needle. RN Sara , nurse anesthetist Doug and surgeon William Gross took great care of me. The way the procedure went they didnt need to use and inside splint/ cast. My outside cast is being take off next Monday - one week after surgery.

In filled the prescriptions that they gave me a few daya ago and my fiance is helping me keep track of them. I don't think I'll need the pain pill or nausea med but fiance plans on getting me some OTC for such tomorrow in case I want just a little help.

I am having trouble keeping cold compress to stay in place and cover my face without getting the cast at least a little wet . Cast is not supposed to get wer.

I do have some minor bruisinf which I expext will get worse tomorrow. I didn't want to send pics sorry just yet
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

I met with a couple doctors and of course went with the most expensive oy ; hopefully it will be worth it. The initial consult was fine with the doc. Support staff are salesy but I'm pretty much a virgin to a cosmetic surgery centers so could be standard. I really like nurse Sara and I'm hoping she'll be the same nurse for day of surgery my procedure.