39, Two Kids, and I Want my Body Back! - Orange County, CA

I am 5'5" and currently 141lbs. I have always been...

I am 5'5" and currently 141lbs. I have always been very muscular and I put on weight easily. I gained 80lbs with both of my kids without much of a change in habits. I lost the weight from each pregnancy within a year. I love my babies more than anything, but gaining and losing substantial amounts of weight in short periods of time has a tendency to stretch you out a bit. I have always had droopers, even when I was young and I have considered having a breast lift since my teens. Two kids and massive breast feeding later has made my droopers extra saggy. When I visited several plastic surgeons just to see what they could do for me, I decided to do abdominoplasty and liposuction as well. I will be having a breast lift, abdominoplasty, and lipo to the flanks, inner and outer thighs, upper arms, and knees. I have scheduled two weeks away from work for recovery during which time I will have help with my three year old and 7 year old sons. I am very scared about the scarring. Surgery still seems like an extreme option for fat and droopy. After looking at the post-op pictures of women on this and other sites I am pretty hesitant. I am totally doing it, though. I want to like myself in clothes again. I want to have a waist and feel like a woman again instead of just a Mom. depending on how this goes and the results I get, I might go back for implants and additional stomach lip in six months. I should be posting before pics in a few days, but I wanted to chart my journey a little bit and just put my fears and goals down on the page so I can get them out of my head.

My first naked internet photos

Ok, so I am actually uploading naked photos of myself at my least appealing onto the internet. No name and no face, and i am completely sober doing this!

why am I overeating?

Ok, so I have gained 3 lbs since last month. I am also eating my weight in sugar on a daily basis. I have been told that i should be close to my goal weight when I have this surgery, so my natural reaction is to pig out for some reason. I have also not had the energy to get up and work out like I used to. I can't force myself to do it. Its crazy! It like there is a lazy teenager in charge of my eating and exercising habits. Don't know what its about, but I need to put a stop to it.
Also, I am a little afraid to exercise because I discovered at the PS that I have an umbilical hernia. They will fix it during the TT, but I am pretty hesitant about stressing it prior to that.

Dieting before MM

Ok, so I have researched the idea of dieting prior to MM and there are no doctors who seem to be pro on that. They want you to be at a stable weight, plus dieting may jeopardize the blood supply that you need to recover from surgery. I still need to lose 10 lbs, so I am making a compromise. I am going to diet for 2 weeks while taking supplements (vitamin C, A, E, zinc, pro- and pre-biotics, and fiber). I am hoping that these supplements will negate the negative impact of dieting on my blood supply. No idea if this will work or not. I'll let you guys know. Today is day 1 of the diet.

Pre-op appointment today!

Just went to my pre-op appointment and made the payment in full, so no going back on it now. I went with my husband who is being very supportive. I got all the info on what I need to get pre-operatively and what i should expect. My doc is putting me on an oxygen machine for 6 days post-op to speed healing. I am really glad he takes into account all the possible ways to diminishing scarring and speed healing. Feeling good about it today! 18 days until surgery. Is there a nail-biting emoticon?

2 days left to wait!!

I am so excited and scared. I am trying to prepare my little bedroom for my stay. I had an oxygen machine delivered today. My Doc says the oxygen will speed recovery and improve scar healing. I'll do whatever he says. I'm trying to be a really good patient. I work in health care and I know how insane it is to pay someone a ton of money and not listen to their advice. So my doc has me taking iron, arnica, and bromelaine supplements. Pretty easy. I am not looking forward to only eating clear foods 24 hours before surgery. I'm not quite sure what foods are clear. I know water is clear and sprite is clear. Otherwise I am pretty sure everything else has color. I am also going to the chiropractor tomorrow. I think in the name of symmetry I want my spine to be aligned. Couldn't hurt with the back pain I am expecting to feel either. I bought a bed wedge and a leg pillow for the recovery. I am kind of looking forward to that part. I know I'll be in pain, but I won't have to do anything (like work or look after kids) so its sort of a painful vacation. Looking forward to catching up on game of thrones and every other adult tv show I haven't been able to see for the past 7 years. I also set up a charging station next to my bed for charging my indispensable technology (phone, computer, paperwhite).
My husband is very scared about this surgery. More so than me. Is anyone else's spouse like this? He lost his mother a couple of years ago and me getting any kind of surgery really freaks him out. He's been pretty snippy lately (how he shows fear). Its been good for me though. His fear has forced me to not be scared. I know that this is a common surgery, but I also know their can be complications with any surgery and that I am taking a risk. I feel fairly confident about it though. I'll let you guys know how the rest of this goes.

Day before

Ok. I had to take magnesium citrate today to clean out my system and I am only allowed to consume clear liquids for the day. I can"t drink anything after 8pm. The magnesium citrate is horrible. I have been curled up in a ball all day or on the toilet. Not a fan. I was hoping to be up and around to finish some things before the surgery, but not really possible. I am super hungry, too. Fatigued, hungry, headache, muscle soreness. Not a fan. I hope this shit is worth it.

8 days post op

Ok, so I am finally able to post on this site. My recovery has been difficult although the doctor says I have been healing well. I am finally awake and aware and able to assess my choice. I have been in a lot of pain and the scars were very jarring. I was very sick the day prior to surgery, which I attributed to magnesium citrate and bowel cleansing, but after my husband got sick with the same thing a few days later, I had to admit that I was actually sick. I did not want to postpose my surgery, so I really did not want to admit that to myself. The nurses and doctors were great. I basically sat down on the surgery table at 9:00am and woke up at 2am. I was in surgery for about 8 hours. I was not able to get to sleep after that until the next night and it was pretty awful. I walked hunched over like a 90 year old woman for the first week. I am finally starting to straighten up. I had several areas of liposuction done (flanks, inner and outer thighs upper arms, axillae, and knees) so I am covered head to toe in compression garments which need to be adjusted constantly to avoid permanent creasing. I am pretty happy with everything. I was shocked at how small my breasts were, but I like them now. I think the doctor did a pretty good job with the abdominal scar and everything is healing really well, which I think has been aided by the oxygen tank I have been using. My stomach muscles were very weak at first, but they are getting better at a remarkable rate. I am really pleased with how quickly I am healing, especially with all of the work I had done. I still have the drain, though, which is ok, but it means I haven't had a shower in a week (so gross). I have posted a couple of pictures to give you and idea of the results, but it os so early, its hard to get the real picture I think. Loving the results so far. Hoping things keep progressing at the same rate.

Major swelling 3 weeks PO

I have really begun to heal very well. I am up and around and am back at work. I am not really lifting much of anything. I am very afraid I will reinsure something and I can't afford to do that. I love my boobs. They are so damn perky, I can't stand it. My gut us another story. I am super swollen. I am not wearing my compression band as much which may have something to do with it. Also, I have not been very regular as far as my digestive system is concerned. I went about four days without pooping and then very little. It is disconcerting. I am trying to be patient because I am sure this is not abnormal, but I really want the healing to be done now.

Loving my body!

I have been healing very well and my scars are getting lighter and better everyday. I made a mistake and went to Pilates too soon. A signed up for a Megaformer class which is all core. I got through the workout, but it was a big mistake. I felt like my abdomen was ripping in two by the end of it. I am still slightly numb in my belly. Don't know if that is normal. All of my liposuction areas look great. I had some dark spots on my inner thighs that I was worried would be permanent, but they are fine now. The doctor said to avoid the sun and that they would definitely go away by the end of the year. I can barely see them now. I am really happy that I did it. It was worth the money, the time, the pain, the absence form my kids. I feel beautiful again and that means a lot.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Mills by asking friends. I live in So Cal so finding friends who have had work done is not too difficult. He came very highly recommended and I feel really confident that he is the right man for the job. He seems very concerned for my safety and for giving me the results I want. Very good office staff, too. So far, so good. I have now had my surgery and spent some time with the doctor and his staff. They are wonderful. The ladies in the office have been great. They are quick to answer all of my questions and have been spot on with every recommendation. Dr. Mills is a very sweet man. He has been very supportive of me and did a beautiful job on my tummy tuck, breast lift, and liposuction. I could not be more happy with the results. I would strongly recommend him to anyone. He has made me feel very safe and comfortable and his work is beautiful.