24 Years Old and One Week Out from Breast Augmentation Surgery - 400cc's Mentor Smooth Round High Profile Silicone Implants

Breast augmentation has always been something on...

Breast augmentation has always been something on my mind ever since I was in high school. I was never blessed up top like my mother and felt very disproportionate and unfeminine. After taking a semester off from school, I finally decided to pull the trigger and get started with my research. RealSelf helped me find surgeons in my area and after more thorough research, I found one in La Mesa with stellar reviews and I immediately booked a consultation. I knew from the second I stepped foot into Dr. Pousti's office that he was going to be my surgeon and that his staff was going to be my team to aid me along my journey through breast augmentation surgery. I never once felt rushed with my questions, pressured into making any decisions, judged by my goals, or coaxed into having this surgery. I learned so much from just the consultation alone, and knew that I was ready to move forward with the surgery.

My pre-op with Dr. Pousti and his staff was easy, extremely informative, and made me even more excited for the procedure. Big shoutout to Helen who helped book my consultation and answered my myriads of questions on the phone (she was so kind and patient, and I'm sure I was annoying), Dee who helped check me in and whose personality made me feel right at home when I walked in the door, Patty and Hailey who brought me back into the room and calmed my nerves before my consultation with their polite demeanors, Vanessa who walked me through my consultation and made me feel like I've known her for years (this girl has such a fun personality!), Emily who helped me with the Vectra imaging and made me feel less awkward by the minute with her quick wits, and the wonderful Daisy who helped me throughout my pre-op and answered all my silly yet nerve-racking questions. I'm not even kidding, I don't know where Dr. Pousti found his employees but all of these girls fit so well as a team I seriously cannot imagine a more perfectly curated staff!

Flash forward to Monday, September 19th, 2016 - my surgery date. I was met in the lobby of the surgery center by a very kind and gentle woman (I'm so sorry I forgot her name!) and was brought back to begin my pre-op. She asked various questions regarding my health and past experiences with anesthesia, the norm whenever you're about to have surgery. Next I changed into a gown, put on some surgical stockings and those comfy slipper socks with the grips on the bottoms, and finished with a cap over my hair. I took another pregnancy test (negative, woohoo!) and was brought back into the pre-op room to have my IV administered. They placed the IV on the top part of your arm (for positioning purposes during surgery) and this made me feel a little uneasy. After some brief lightheadedness, quickly followed by two girls joining us in the room to remove my cap, fan me down, and calm me with their words, I had liquid flowing into my veins and felt like this was really happening! A gal named Erica came in to go over my goals with me and calm me even more with her sweet compliments (she asked if I was wearing eyelash extensions!) and reassuring demeanor.

Next Dr. Pousti came in to do the markings. This was the part that felt the most surreal. I honestly did not understand what each marking meant, but I knew that he is the master at his craft and each piece of the puzzle ensured he was going to do a tremendous job. Lastly the anesthesiologist came in to ask and answer some last minute questions, and I was off to the operating room!

The last time I had surgery, appendectomy in 2008, I cried before we even began the pre-op. I shed not one single tear the entire time I was at the surgery center. I knew I was in the best of hands. Not even 5 minutes after laying down on the operating table, I was out! No pain, no jitters, and Dr. Pousti and Erica each held one of my hands as I quickly fell into slumber.

I'll spare you all the details of my post-op care. Not that it was bad, but to be honest I just don't quite remember much of it. The anesthesia did a number on me, along with the much needed pain meds I was prescribed. Here I am, almost one week later, and I am seriously so in love with the way I look. I may get in trouble for not wearing my surgical bra in one of the photos, but I had to take it off to wash it and put on a camisole to aid with support while not wearing it. I'll be continuing to share photos along my journey, and please feel free to ask me any questions! I was in your shoes once, and am so happy to be where I am now. Thank you Dr. Pousti and staff, thank you surgery center team, and thank you RealSelf! I feel like a new woman and cannot explain how this transformation has helped my confidence. :)

Poster Board!

I thought I would share with you all the poster board I made as part of my pre-op process to help better communicate my goals with my surgeon! I LOVE this idea! Try to steer away from specific cup sizes and more so on pics that show size/shape because everything looks different on different frames! Be specific with your goals at all times! (:

2 Weeks and 2 Days Out - Started Massages Last Week

Hi everyone! I finally hit the two week mark! I'm officially halfway through with the surgical bra and I couldn't be happier. I started my massages last week (at the one week mark) and at first, they felt very weird and slightly uncomfortable. However now the more than I'm doing them, the more I'm enjoying knowing I'm doing something that will truly aid with my final outcome. I found the instructions I was given in my surgeon's office, along with the video posted on their website, incredibly helpful for the new task I was given during this stage of my recovery. I've uploaded a recent photo so you can all see the progression they've made in the 2 weeks I've been healing. (Sorry I'm standing at an angle! Also, a bruise did appear under my left side - I've been told this is very normal and it does not hurt so it doesn't bother me! The rippling you may see is solely from the fabric of my surgical bra, I've added a photo of that as well.) I fall more in love with them everyday! Having this surgery was one of the best, if not THE best, decisions I've ever made!

4 Weeks Out - Bye Surgical Bra!

I've officially hit the 4 week mark and it seems like time has just flown by! I'm finally able to get rid of my surgical bra (RIP old friend) and switch over to sports bras and non-underwire bras. I've taken a real liking to bralettes because they're insanely comfortable, cute, and affordable, but also because I had previously purchased a few and they never fit right! As you can see, I'm having lots of fun with my new additions! (:

Side note - I went to Victoria's Secret to get sized and I'm now a 32DD!!!!! Started from an A cup, now I'm here! Haha.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

"Success is no accident - it is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing." Dr. Pousti is the embodiment of professionalism. Not only does he work every single day of his life to perfect his already incredible skills, he genuinely loves what he does and this can be shown in the way he carries out every aspect of his practice. I am lucky to have not only become a patient of his, but now a life-long friend that will continue to support him in his craft. I look forward to every office visit from here on out. Thank you, Dr. Pousti, for providing me with stellar care and overwhelming support throughout this transition in my life. People there is a reason he has such high ratings and such wonderful REAL reviews from REAL patients! Do yourself a favor and see for yourself. Pousti Plastic Surgery is so much more than a medical office, they are a family away from home!