59 Year Old Man Lost Weight Time to Lose the Turkey Neck! - La Mesa, CA

Lost a lot of weight and developed a significant...

Lost a lot of weight and developed a significant gobbler that made me look older than I feel, so after a significant amount of thought decided to move forward. I had gone down to Mexico and received a hair transplant in June ($3000 for about 1500 grafts; too soon to evaluate, as it doesn't really start growing in for 4+ months...) and got an estimate there for my neck lift. Had heard about Dr. Sessions here in the San Diego area, went in and the estimate was virtually the same. Scheduled it for the following week and had it done Sept 23rd. Operation was a breeze, with only a burning/stinging sensation the evening of the operation, but that subsided the next day. My wife and I even stopped and enjoyed lunch at a restaurant on the way home from the "day after" appointment. My only concern is that here I am 26 days after surgery and I still have a significant amount of swelling! The areas below both ears are still puffy to the point that its pulling on the area where the sutures were and splitting a tiny bit. My ears and neck are numb, as is my jawline. On my jaw on my left side about halfway to my chin is an egg shaped bump with a dimple in the middle; on my right size a dime size similar bump. I'm thinking, based on what I'm seeing, that its taking longer than usual. Should I be concerned?

Swelling still 26 days post op

9 Month Update

At this point I could not be more pleased! The swelling and unevenness (as the Dr. said) has dissipated and I have a smooth natural appearance. Still a little numbness in my jawline/upper neck, and the scars on the back of my neck are a little red/tender at times, but all-in-all, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Probably the easiest, quickest way to take years off your appearance!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Couldn't be more happy with the demeanor and professionalism of Dr. Sessions and his super-friendly staff. He doesn't seem too concerned with the swelling at this point...