35 Y/o Transgender Xl Breast Augmentation

When I decided to commit to transitioning, there...

When I decided to commit to transitioning, there was only one surgeon that came to mind that I expected would be able to provide the unique results I was looking for with the utmost saftey and professionalism. That was Dr. Pousti. My goals are anything but typical. I wanted a surgeon who was experienced in transgender cases, and also one who was comfortable with unusually large sized implants. My target range is in the 2000 to 4000 range, per breast. Dr. Pousti's reputation preceds him in both the transgender community and the "big bust" community. I had my consultation with him in August of 2016, where we discussed my goals. Dr. Pousti was very receptive and understanding of my goals, emphasizing that his first priority is safety and that he would do what he could to help me reach my goals as long as they were safe. He also explained that achieving such a large size would require multiple procedures, but that he would try to get my breasts a large as safely possible, during the first procedure. My surgery was scheduled for October, at which time I had prepared a poster board with some examples of my goals on it. Dr. Pousti would use this as a reference during surgery to ensure he was meeting my precise expectations.

I am currently four days out from my surgery. Before the procedure, Dr. Pousti estimated that he might be able to safely fit about 700cc's of saline into my breasts. Amazingly, he managed to fill them up to an impressive 1050 on the right, and 1000 on the left (the difference is to ensure symmetry). Recovery was most difficult for the first two days, but by following all post-op instructions, I was able to minimize my discomfort. I weened myself off of the narcotic pain meds, yesterday, and took a tylenol this morning. I haven't required any pain meds, since. Currently, my chest just feels sore, kind of like I pulled a muscle, but nothing I can't easily ignore. I have my second follow up on Thursday. I will post more photos and updates, later this week.

10 days post-op

Today I had my second follow-up appointment. The compression bra and bandages were removed for examination. Doctor was pleased to inform me that there are no complications and that everything is looking good. I was also shown how to do breast massages to help the implants settle properly, which will give the breasts their final, proper appearance. Due to the nature of my overfill, I was given sutures that I can shower with. This was my first shower since surgery and it was breathtaking! Also, this has afforded me the opportunity to wash the compression bra, which it was really starting to need! While it was in the wash, I took the opportunity to do the breast massages, which I will do regularly throughout the day. The compression bra itself will remain my good friend for a few more weeks, given that it provides the proper support I need during this period of recovery. I have added some new photos showing my breasts. You can see the incision sites and the overall shape of the breasts. There is also some visible bruising, which is normal. My next follow up is in ten days. I'll keep you folks abreast (pun intended) of my progress at that point!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Outstanding surgeon! 10/10 would get boobs from again! Seriously, though, his professionalism, bedside manner, knowledge and experience can't be beat!