29f, 135lb Weight Loss, Breast Reduction - La Mesa, CA

My breasts developed over night in 6th grade. I...

My breasts developed over night in 6th grade. I went from absolutely nothing to bursting DD, with a 5'3.5" weighing under 100lbs. I was a very athletic child and the massive breasts caused my chronic pain and difficulty participating in my typical athletic activities. After surviving a violent trauma, I became verily I'll and gained about 185lbs, during a pregnancy that was instigated by the aforementioned attack. This weight gain caused so much pain and pressure on my body. Further bodily harm came to me in form of a workplace injury when I was about 20/21. The sustained injuries led to the discovery of degenerative disc disease as well as spinal arthritis, which being top heavy unfortunately adds to the painful diagnoses of my back. After losing about 135 pounds and several dangerous internal hernias, I became ready to start my plastics journey. I had a very large amount of extra belly skin, arm skin, and stretched out, empty breast. I started with an extended abdominoplasty in April of 2016. Yesterday, July 18, 2016 I had an arm lift paired with a breast reduction, lift, and auto augmentation.
I have every confidence that Dr. Pousti did the best of his ability, I just have yet to see the results. So far this procedure has been much more taxing on my body and pain threshold. I actually expected it to be much easier to deal with, however, that is not the case. The worst parts are my arm pits and my chest, around my sternum. My pain medication is wearing off much quicker, about every 2-3 hours and even when I am medicated the pain is never gone, rather, dulled down. My right arm is bending a bit more but I am extremely limited.

Pain management is key

So far the pain is my worst complaint. My body has difficulty with most narcotics, because of allergies, sensitivity, and absorption issues. Dr. Pousti and his team have been, as always, over the top in their attention to detail and care. My medications have been switched and I think I am finally getting the rest that I need in order to start the next vital steps to my recovery (activity to help reduce swelling and increase healing).
I'll admit, I had ugly cried, and broken down to my husband, sobbing with tears of regrets, including unattractive wails of "WHY DID I DO THIS I CANT DO THIS", but it was truly pain. It's embarrassing how much this has affected me, by I can't believe there would be better hands for me to be in, in regards to my lovely surgical team, and the best supporting husband.
Please let me reiterate so you don't think I'm crazy: my pain tolerance is HIGH, and my pain level was so excruciating I felt EVERY SINGLE INCISION, and was completely unable to move or sleep. I literally laid in bed trying to not cry. I am now on day 5 of post op, one full night and day of different medication, a lot more rest and mobility. I'm still experiencing more pain than I expected, HOWEVER, this is much more tolerable and the light at the end of the tunnel is finally glimmering and I need to see the unveiling ASAP to keep me going!
Maybe inappropriate, but I genuinely love my surgeon, Dr. Pousti, and all of his staff!

1.5 week post op, It's still very early but I'm in love

Here are some sneaks, apologies for my awkward facial expressions, I'm a silly and awkward person!

Still so early there is swelling, discoloration from bruising and obviously a lot more time to go before the incisions aren't so blatant. They may shrink a bit more but these little ladies are perfect and I feel infinitely better than with the beasts I had before! (Especially during lactation during breastfeeding with my son!). They are very high on my breast which is my exact preference and from my POV looking down, I couldn't be happier (except for full healing phase of course!) with the nipple placement. These are auto augmented with a reduction and lift and these photos are right after drainage tube removal. I can't wait to see as time goes on! And my belly is looking nice too! (Almost 3 months post op extended ABD). Dr. Pousti is the best!

A bit over 1 month post op

More sensation than I had before surgery is returning. This can be painful but it's not consistent. I was sized today and am now down to a 38B which was smaller than expected, but even the sizing person thought I was a C, so they look larger and fuller than what one might expect. I have very limited mobility because of my arm lift (done in same procedure), but I'm starting to transition from my post op bra into regular bras. One breast has settle more than the other but my surgeon expects the other to follow in time. Over all I'm pretty pleased with my results and hope that with time they only get better as they settle. The incision area is looking much better!

7 wks post op

Feeling so much better and my breast shape is really coming around! Pretty pleased so far!
So tender and painful with pressure but it seems to mostly be scar tissue related!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

The best medical experience of my life. Genuinely caring and strives to meet his patients hopes and goals for their ideal outcome. I can't imagine a better surgeon! His reviews are the best for a million reasons!