Best Decision EVER! Here is My Experience - La Jolla, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I tried to make my review as detailed as possible,...

I tried to make my review as detailed as possible, there is headers to make it easy to follow so feel free to skip to whatever part matters to you!

Who I am and my experience overall-
I got my procedure done on Sept 10, 2012. I'm 23, 5'4, 128.8lbs at the time of the procedure. I just had this pooch that for the life of me wouldn't go away! It had been bothering me for nearly 10 years (yes I noticed it when I was 13!) and I had spent the last FOUR years trying to find the perfect person to do the lipo. Finally found someone who is incredible and a master at lipo! I am SO happy with the results so far! I had lipo on my upper and lower abdomine.

How I Found the Right Dr.
I had been to a few consults before. I found Pacific Lipo on google and called to go in for a consult.

First Consult-
I went in to the office with a friend of mine. I filled out some paperwork regarding what my problem areas were, etc.. and looked at before after photos while I waited.

Then I was taken into a separate room, my friend came along, and was told to put on a robe. A few minutes later Rod came in to answer my questions. Now by this point, I had have gone to A LOT of consults with Doctors, so I knew the drill pretty I earlier said FOUR years looking for the right person!!!!

On the first consult, I spent 40% of the time asking questions regarding me, if I am a good candidate, the procedure, etc...and 60% of the time interrogating the physician. I asked questions about background, school, experience, how many procedures he had done, if he had ever worked on any surgeons, how many revisions of his own work he does per year, etc...

He seemed a bit serious at the first consult, and not super buddy-buddy like the rest of the physicians I had seen before. He just seemed extremely realistic. He didn't try to sell me on other areas that didn't need work. I called him Dr. Rod, and he very quickly corrected me that he is a PA. He was great in answering all my questions, being realisitic, and very detailed. I was impressed and almost wanted to schedule an appointment there, but that goes against my researching nature!

After the consult, I walked out and was given a paper regarding financing and how to book an appointment and that was it. No hardcore closing of any kind. I got an email the next day thanking me for coming in and saying wherever you choose to do your procedure we with you the best! Great follow ups were done by the staff, they were never pushy and always there to answer questions.

Day of the Procedure-
I walked in, filled out some paper work regarding the procedure, and an assistant took me to a prep room to get me ready. She gave me the robe to change in to, then came in to take my blood pressure, measurements, weight, and before photos.Then Rod, my physician, came in, answered a couple of last minute questions, marked me up with a marker and off we went to the procedure room!!!

The assistants helped me get ready and get on the bed, the bed was heated and very comfortable. My tummy was swapped with iodine. Then Rod came in, he explained exactly what he was going to do with every step and kept up a casual conversation through the whole procedure to keep me comfortable.

First, he give me a shot of lytocaine (I believe that's what it was, started with an L!) I could feel a slight poke from the shot. Wow does that shot work fast! Immediately after the shot he took this green thing and created the incision, I DIDNT FEEL A THING!! I asked him what that was and he said he made the first incision, seriously didn't feel ANYTHING! That was very awesome. He made two more incisions the same way. One on my right hip, one on the left, and one right above the pubic area.

Then, he inserted in the first metal rod, explained that there is no sharp end even though it may feel sharp, and it didnt feel sharp. He filled me up with this liquid to numb me and explained that this is 'the hardest part' but that i wouldn't feel anything while the suction happened. The fluid just felt weird, it was a bit uncomfortable but nothing unbearable, I was shocked that there wasn't pain.

Finally there was the suction, he started out with a 4mml metal rod and then finished up with a 2mml. I was supposed to tell him if I felt any 'pinching', I felt a pinching feeling twice during the session, I informd him right away and he put in more of that liquid stuff and then continued. Again VERY LITTLE discomfort! I've gotten my legs waxed before and that hurt MORE than my lipo procedure.

When we were done, his assistants came in, helped me off the bed, cleaned me up, put pads on the incisions, helped me put on the compression garmet, which was super tight to get on. Then they gave me a bag full of pads and medications, they gave me instructions on what to do for the next few days. The instructions were also written on a form that I got. I drove myself home without a problem. The whole procedure from when I got there to when I left took less that 2 hours.

At home after procedure-
Again very little discomfort. I took tylonal when I felt a tiny bit of pain and that made it go away. I was told to change the pads every two hours, the first time I changed the pad fluid just came dripping out! It was cool and gross at the same time. Apparently the more fluid I had dripping out the less swalloen I was going to be later, so I wasn't complaining. I usually sleep really easily at night, but it was tough to get sleep. First, because I am a moron and I drank caffinated tea right before bed! That had A LOT to do with it. I was also told to sleep on my tummy or back so keep my tummy nice and flat. That's not how I am used to sleeping so that also made it tough but not too bad. I took a melatonin pill that they provided and that helped me sleep.

The day after the procedure-
Woke up and showered. I wasn't in pain when I woke up but felt really sore, like I had done a killer ab work out or something. Still gloating over the results, if this is how good it looks with swelling and bruising then I cant wait for the actual results, took me a good 10minute to just get in the shower and stop checking myself out in the mirror! Rod called me that evening to check in and see how everything is going.

Second Day-
Definitely the sorest day of all. Everything still looks great, just very sore.

A Week After-
Went in for my follow up. Rod told me that I am about 5% healed! I just laughed inside because I think it already looks perfect, so I don't know how it can possibly get better but I will keep you guys posted with pictures!

Pacific Lipo

Why I Chose My Physician- I contacted as many Yelpers as I could who had posted reviews, including the 50+ filtered reviews, and asked them questions!!!! Based on the responses of so many satisfied patients I knew I had picked the right guy! I love the fact that this is ALL he does, just Lipo! He does about 3-5 actual procedures A DAY! He has so much experience that this is second nature to him and he's mastered his craft, and hence a lot of happy patients. Before meeting him I was convinced that I HAD to go with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, but the fact that his experience beat out everyone else made it an easy choice.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful