Fraxel Laser to Remove Dead Skin and Stimulate New Collagen Production - La Jolla, CA

I showed up one hour before my appointment to have...

I showed up one hour before my appointment to have numbing cream applied. I was escorted to a beautiful, quiet area with fruit, water, tv's, and magazines (relaxation area) to sit while the numbing cream was on my face. The procedure itself was painful, however, Dr. Groff gave me a pill to help with anxiety. After the procedure my face was pink and throbbing that I was sure everyone could actually see it moving. I went straight home and stayed on the couch for the rest of the day, layering cold packs all over my face. The pain did start to ease up after the first hour. The next day, I woke up with slight redness and puffy eyes — my face looked like I’d gone to sleep after having a good cry. Over the next few days, a fine sandpaper-like, brown-dotted pattern of dry skin showed up on my face, which I was very tempted to Clarisonic off. Dr. Groff said to let nature take its course, which I did. After five days, the rough skin had disappeared (without disgusting large flakes), the redness was gone, and I was beginning to see that Fraxel glow everyone talks about. The procedure was worth it.
San Diego Dermatologist

Amazing, patient, and great follow up care, answers any and all questions, Doctor and office staff are very professional, makes me feel safe and respected.