1 Day Post-op Circumferential Body Lift - Kirkland, WA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

So here's a little background on my weight loss...

So here's a little background on my weight loss journey: After a 120 pound weight loss over the last few years from just diet and exercise, it was very hard to do all that work both physically and emotionally, just to be left with a body that was no longer deformed from fat, but now deformed from loose skin. It's such a disappointing feeling to have all these high hopes thinking you'll look "normal" after losing weight and getting closer to your goal weight. But instead I think I felt even more freakish with the loose wrinkly skin, instead of just having fat skin. Especially when it came to relationships, this loose skin has definitely put a strain on the intimate side of my relationships. It has been very difficult for me to feel comfortable while being intimate with all of the loose skin in the way. Plus it was sometimes very uncomfortable and painful if that skin ever got pulled on. Before surgery I weighed in at about 200 pounds, and the nurse said they removed a whopping 12 POUNDS during the surgery, so surreal!!!!

Going into surgery yesterday morning, I was surprisingly not very nervous. I got to the point where I just had to keep telling myself that whatever happens happens, and it was out of my control. Plus it helped that I had an AMAZING Nurse who made me feel so calm! She held my hand the whole time I was falling asleep from the Anesthesia and was so patient in answering any questions/concerns I had before surgery. The Anesthesiologist was great too and between him and the nurse, they kept a very light mood the whole morning leading up to the time of surgery.

Unfortunately my surgeon didn't have the best bedside manner that day, he almost acted as if he were irritated and didn't want to be there. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable, and very confused as to why he was acting this way. This was pretty surprising because he had great bedside manner during my 2 pre-op appointments. I just hope he did well with my surgery and everything turns out as uniform as possible. I did a lot of research on surgeons and he got great reviews, so I'm hoping he lives up to that reputation with the work he did on me. I guess time will only tell.

So I'm currently 1 day post-op from a Circumferential Lower Body Lift. Last night was a little rough, pretty much felt like I'd been hit by a Big Mac truck and then it rolled back over me a few times lol Just very tired and painful while getting in and out of the car and into and out of bed when I got home. The walking part was okay and not as painful, it was really just the getting up and down that caused twinges of sharp pains. The car ride home last night was pretty irritating because there was a ton of traffic and what should have been a 20-30 minute drive home was over an hour. It honestly felt like were driving across country, it felt like it was never going to end! I was really nauseous and dizzy at the surgery center and during the car ride home, but I'm realizing now I think it was bc I was too hot. The surgical staff had put my sweatshirt and sweatpants back on me before I left the surgery center. These clothes were fine when I came to the surgery center in the morning but were too hot when I left because it was 80 degrees outside. So I'd suggest dressing light for surgery days, especially if you know it's going to be warm out that afternoon when you go home. I ended up keeping my eyes closed the whole way home in the car because I was getting extreme motion sickness. Thankfully never threw up but felt like I was on the edge of doing so for a good hour or two. When I got home I went to the bathroom, took my pain and anti-nausea meds and headed straight to bed.

My biggest suggestion to anyone getting this type of surgery is to use your legs instead of your arms while trying to sit down and get up, it just seems to put less strain on the suture area. I'd also recommend standing upright right away! I've been standing as upright as I can every time I get up, and it feels EXTREMELY tight and uncomfortable, but the longer you put off doing it, the worse it's going to feel. I actually work at a hospital and I've noticed the patients that get up and walk around right away, are always the ones to recover quicker and go home sooner. It's not going to feel good, but it's worth it to push yourself into standing upright and walking around now than further down the line when everything is tighter and more painful.

I started out trying to sleep upright in my bed, but I kept waking up uncomfortable. I usually sleep on my side but it didn't sound like a good idea with how tight everything was. I adjusted about 2 hours into sleeping rather restlessly into more of a laying down position. I was able to sleep a little bit better in that position, but not much. I ended up getting up to go to the bathroom and going to sleep in the recliner in the living room instead of my bed. This was a great choice, I'd recommend a recliner over a bed to anyone having this type of surgery. Just easier to get up and down out of a chair instead of a bed. Plus my bed sits up really high off the ground so I felt like I had to crawl into it, which was really difficult and made it feel like I was going to stretch open my sutures.

I'd also highly recommend setting an alarm to keep up with your pain and anti-nausea meds. Remember to definitely eat something though every time you take these meds or you'll get extremely nauseous! Vicodin definitely helped take the uncomfortable edge off and helped me get a pretty good night's sleep in the recliner. Be careful about getting around on your own while on painkillers. I've never really taken pain meds in the past, but they definitely made me really sleepy and just kind of woozy and dizzy. And remember to cough often and take deep breaths to avoid getting pneumonia.

The surgeon's office also gave me an SCD leg pump machine that massages your legs to help prevent blood clots. I believe I have a little bit of a blood clot in my hand where the IV was put in yesterday, because I feel a lump in the vein area and it's tender to the touch. The nurse said it's pretty common and I should put a warm compress on it every so often to loosen it up. I had pretty bad swelling in both hands, but they're definitely going down as time goes on. I just keep trying to remember to move my feet and arms intermittently while sitting/laying down.

I have 3 drains in, one by each hip and one in the front by the pubic/groin area. These are kind of a pain in the butt to maintain and empty every couple hours, but I've just been trying to make it a habit to empty them when I'm already sitting on the toilet. I find I'm feeling really weak when standing for anymore than a couple minutes and even dizzy at times, especially after just taking my Vicodin. So it helps to empty my drains while I'm sitting on the toilet in a resting position. Just a heads up, the area of the drains can be a little painful and sting after emptying the drain. I'm guessing it's because you're allowing more pressure to suck out the extra blood/fluids when you suction the drain closed again after emptying it.

This is definitely a major surgery and I know I have a long road of recovery ahead of me, but as of right now I'm happy with my decision to go through with the surgery. I'm actually feeling better than I thought I would, and I'm trying my best to keep a positive attitude about everything, which I think is helping keep my spirits up aside from the discomfort I'm feeling at times. I'm also trying to keep my mind active with TV, mind games like Sudoku, reading and playing around on the computer. I'm drinking a lot of water and trying to eat a little something every couple hours. Even though I don't really have an appetite as of right now, I think eating is definitely helping to give me a little bit of much needed energy.

I've posted a pre-op pictures and will try to get some post-op pictures up within the next couple days. Good luck to everyone out there currently going through recovery or thinking about having surgery. Speedy recovery! :)

2 days post-op

I slept okay last night, but was definitely a little restless at times. I'm still setting an alarm every 4 hours to remind myself to take my pain and anti-nausea meds. Getting up in the morning out of the recliner after staying in the same position for about 7 hours was definitely one of the most painful parts of today. I feel like every time I stand up I'm straining again to try to stand upright. Everything is still extremely tight. It's not so much that it hurts to stand upright, it's more the tightness sensation and feeling like you're going to rip open your sutures that makes you hesitate to stand completely upright.

Today was definitely rougher than yesterday, and I'm feeling a few different kinds of pain today! My neck and back are sore from laying around so much and being a little hunched over still. I iced them last night and that definitely helped. I'm also having an extremely sharp stabbing and burning sensation intermittently around my groin area incisions. It's definitely an intense stabbing/burning pain that takes my breath away, so remembering to take deep breaths is really important because the pain can make me light-headed while walking around if I forget to breathe through the pain. Thankfully this pain only occurs sometimes when I'm walking around the house or standing in one position for a prolonged period of time, but doesn't occur when sitting. Another type of pain I've been having today is in my incisions around my backside/bottom. The posterior incisions are definitely tender today, and I didn't really feel them at all yesterday. The areas around most of the incisions are still pretty numb, which I'm thankful for at this point, because I'd probably be in a lot more pain if most of the incision areas weren't numb.

I tried to sit up as well as lay in my bed today, but it was sooo uncomfortable! Laying down flat stretched my stomach too much and it was almost impossible getting up on my own from that flat of a position, and since I've been taking care of myself since yesterday (i.e. 1 day post-op), I probably won't try lying down in bed again for at least a couple more days. Just don't want to risk tearing an incision or injuring myself from straining to get up on my own. Sitting up in bed wasn't comfortable either because the incisions around my backside are pretty low and are become more tender as time goes on. Thank god for recliners, they will be your best friend after this type of surgery!! I don't recommend doing recovery alone if you can help it, especially for the first couple days post-op because it's a lot tougher than I thought it would be, and you just get wiped out really quickly. I've been trying to walk around the house for about 5 minutes at a time about every 2 hours or so.

I haven't really gotten any sleep today because my backside is so sore, it's hard to find a comfortable position for a long period of time. I find myself being really irritable this afternoon, there has just been a lot of chaos going on around the house...the house cleaners came and took over the house for two hours, then my roommates obnoxious dogs were barking constantly at the cleaners and now my roommate has the TV blaring in the background with a cheesy lifetime movie on with some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I don't usually get easily irritated but every little noise seems to be heightened by the Vicodin, not to mention the fact that I'm exhausted at this point and just want to sleep but can't seem to find a position comfortable enough to sleep in :(

On an upside though, earlier today I did feel like I had more energy and was able to walk around the house quite a few times without feeling dizzy like I did yesterday. This is probably another reason why I'm irritable right now, I probably did too much exercise and didn't follow it up with rest like I probably should have. I don't really have much of an appetite either so I've still just been forcing myself to eat a little something at least every 4 hours with my pain meds. The more you walk around though, the more you're having to empty your drains. This is a pain at first but I'm starting to get in a routine with them and it's becoming more second nature and quicker to empty and maintain them.

I'm also feeling pretty unsure about the results of my surgery, which is definitely putting doubts into my head if the surgery was worth it. I know only time will tell but it's hard to look at things right now and see much of a difference. Hoping it's just a lot of swelling and things will calm down and shrink over time, because as of right now, I don't really feel like I look much different than I did before the surgery :/

I have my first post-op appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I'm curious to see how I'll be feeling tomorrow and also very interested to see what the surgeon has to say about my
healing progress.

I knew this was going to be a roller coaster ride coming into this experience, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with the highs and lows. I just have to keep reminding myself that time heals all wounds and things will get better over the next few weeks!

First Post-op Appt

Yesterday was the roughest day thus far during my recovery, but thankfully I got about 12 hours of sleep on and off last night, and feel a lot better today! Granted I woke up about every 3-5 hours feeling like I'd been hit by a truck again, but once the pain meds kicked in I was able to fall back asleep pretty quickly. I'm learning quickly that good rest, regulating pain meds and good nutrition is so imperative for a speedy recovery.

I had quite a bit more energy today and found myself getting up out of the recliner a lot more often, probably about once every 1-2 hours. Plus I didn't find myself having to sit as often to take a rest while up and about. Getting up out of the chair and standing upright is definitely getting easier and I'm not feel as tight and pulled as I did the first couple days. I also didn't feel as exhausted/fatigued after the times I was up and about today. I'm still having the really sharp, acid-type burning pain in my groin area, so that tends to paralyze me in pain at times. But I've found that if I sit down for a couple minutes, it goes away temporarily. It's happening almost every time I'm up walking around or standing and the pain meds unfortunately don't seem to touch that specific pain, but I'm pushing through it and taking it slow in hopes that it gets better soon.

I had my first post-op appt today and this was my first time getting out of the house since surgery. My suggestions would be to wear something comfy/loose fitting (I wore a dress and slip-on shoes so I didn't have to bend much) and try to work it where you can take some pain meds right before your appt. I'd also suggest giving yourself plenty of time to get dressed, go to the bathroom, empty your drains and take meds. It feels like everything is in slow motion when you're recovering and it took me about an hour just to do those "simple" things lol

My surgeon said my incisions looked really good and the nurse was surprised I was standing completely upright and doing as well as I was just 3 days after surgery. The surgeon and the nurse took all of my remaining bandages off surrounding my belly button and my drains. The Dr. did notice that my belly button was pretty scabbed over so they put some bacitracin antibiotic in that area and sent me home with some extra. The surgeon also wrote me another full prescription for Vicodin but I'm hoping I won't need it because it makes me feel pretty fuzzy and sleepy. My surgeon also put a binder around my abdomen today that I'm supposed to wear 24/7 for the next few weeks. I was thinking it was going to be painful because it sits right over my incisions, but most of my incisions are still pretty numb so it's really not too bad thankfully. I definitely feel the binder there, but it feels more like pressure than pain.

I have a couple areas along my incision that look very lumpy and uneven. These were concerning because they don't look smooth like what I was expecting the incision to look like all the way around. The surgeon says this is normal and will look smoother once the skin relaxes and the swelling goes down. He said the binder is really helpful in assisting these things to smooth out over the next few weeks as well.

When I initially told the Nurse about the acid-like burning pain, she looked at me kind of weird and said she hadn't really heard anyone describe post-op pain like that before. It made me feel a little worried that maybe what I was feeling wasn't normal. But when I talked to the Surgeon about it he said that there's a large Nerve channel in the groin area that probably got irritated from the surgery and he said it'll get better over time.

Overall I was very pleased with how I was feeling today being only 3 days out from a major surgery. It definitely hasn't been an easy process, but I feel like my independence and stubbornness have helped me recover a lot quicker than some people.

One point that I want to bring up again is how easily irritable I've been throughout this process. It usually takes a lot to get under my skin, but I've found myself having a low tolerance for many things over the last couple days. I'm not sure if the irritability is due to just not feeling like myself completely, or it may be due to being in pain or possibly a side-effect from the Vicodin. Or it could be a combination on those 3 things, I'm not really sure. My advice though to anyone considering a major surgery is to make sure you're going to be in a quiet, relaxing environment with people who are compassionate and personalities you can tolerate easily. I'm currently dealing with listening to my roommates dogs bark all throughout the day at anything that passes the window. Their barking rarely used to bother me before this surgery, but now that I'm trying to rest throughout the day, every little bark and other loud noise seems like nails on a chalkboard. Kind of wish I would have thought to buy earplugs or a good set of headphones before this process.

It's so easy for me to have so many doubts at this point about whether or not the surgery was worth it. Even though I want nothing more than instant gratification regarding this surgery, I have to accept that the results I'm seeing right now are not an accurate representation of the final results. Plus I plan to have a breast lift/augmentation, brachioplasty and possibly a thigh lift within the next couple years to complete my weight loss transformation. Part of me doesn't want to do more surgery in the future because it's so exhausting, painful and expensive, but the other part of me feels like I deserve to have a somewhat "normal" body after all the hard work I've done over the last few years. I just feel thankful that I have my health right now and need to remember to take life one day at a time!

Post-op Day 5

So I've made a few very difficult revelations over these last couple days that I'd like to share with anyone going into this type of surgery:

#1 TAKE A STOOL SOFTENER BEFORE SURGERY!!!! This would be my greatest advice for anyone going into a plastic surgery procedure! I literally sat on the toilet for 2 hours yesterday straining to have a bowel movement. My body was starting to get to the point where it was uncomfortable and I was starting to have stomach cramps and my lower abdomen was feeling pretty hard from being constipated. Part of me thought to just let it go and try again later, but another part of me wanted to just get it out and feel relief. I probably made the mistake of straining too hard to have a bowel movement and part of me wishes I would have just tried again later that night or the next day. I finally had success, but not after a lot of patience, straining and discomfort. I don't ever remember being that constipated in my whole life! I was fully aware before this surgery that Vicodin and Anesthesia often cause really bad constipation after surgery, so I did everything I thought I could to set myself up for success. I took a fiber supplement gummy (which I usually take anyway) and even took a little extra after surgery, I made sure I had a ton of fresh fruit and veggies in the house that I've been eating since the day of surgery to get extra fiber, I've been eating extremely healthy since surgery and drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. You would think this would be more than enough to prevent constipation, but obviously it wasn't. If I could do it over again, I would have taken a stool softener from the start!! I was scared it would give me diarrhea, because I've never taken a stool softener, but I'd much rather have diarrhea than constipation. After sitting on the toilet for 2 hours and straining to push, my bottom, sutures and abdominal/oblique muscles were sooo sore. Don't recommend straining this much for a bowel movement!

#2 GET A PAIN MEDICATION REFILL PRESCRIPTION FROM YOUR SURGEON AT YOUR POST-OP APPT! Even if you think everything is going great and you won't need that extra pain medication, you never know what's going to happen or what new pains are going to pop up as the numbing goes away around your sutures. My surgeon offered to refill my pain medication at my post-op appt on Friday and even though I thought I wouldn't need it, I got it anyway. My advice is just take the prescription, the worst that could happen is that you don't end up needing it and just throw it away, no big deal. Last night I decided to start cutting back slowly on my pain meds, and just taking one 5mg Vicodin every 4 hours and supplementing with 250-500mg of Acetaminophen if I'm feeling uncomfortable. The main reasons for this were because I wanted to avoid being that constipated again and the main excruciating pain that I'm having now is the burning/stinging/acid-like sensation that I get around my groin sutures when walking. Unfortunately the pain meds don't seem to do anything for this type of pain, and the other discomfort I'm feeling (i.e. soreness around sutures and abdominal muscles) seems to be manageable with just 1 pain pill and acetaminophen.

#3 BE PREPARED THAT THE BINDER MAY SUCK FOR A WHILE! The surgeon gave me a binder for my abdomen at my post-op appt. The nurse explained that a lot of patients seem to like the binder because they feel like it gives them more support. Honestly I've hated every part of the Binder! I think it's extremely uncomfortable, especially since it sits right over your sutures and irritates the heck out of them. I'm definitely more uncomfortable now than I was before I started wearing the binder. Especially at night, it's hard to get comfortable with the binder at first because it sits about half way down your bottom. But I know it's a necessary evil for recovery and will get better as the sutures start healing over the next few weeks. On a positive note, my drains seems to be putting out less fluid since I started wearing the binder, so I'm hoping I can get them out within the next couple weeks.

#4 BE PREPARED THAT YOU MAY REGRESS BACKWARDS DURING YOUR RECOVERY! I thought everything was going great on Day 3 of recovery when I had my first post-op appt. I was feeling pretty good, getting around really well and overall just feeling really positive that this was going to be a speedy recovery. I think I got a little cocky and thought I was doing better than I was. Plus I've been getting a little bit of cabin fever being stuck inside all day, because I'm usually a very active person who's go-go most of the time, so this has been a really difficult adjustment. I decided that going to Home Depot with my roommate to walk around yesterday was a good idea...worst idea ever!!! I think I didn't realize how slowly I'm still moving around, as well as how much I'm still shuffling around instead of taking long normal strides while walking. This is mostly due to that sharp stinging pain I'm feeling in my groin suture area, that seems to not be as intense if I take short shuffling steps instead of longer strides. When I was walking around Home Depot yesterday, it felt like everything underneath my binder was rubbing/burning and literally felt like it was on fire. I think I may have also had the binder too tight, which didn't help the situation. My groin area was killing me and literally felt like someone put acid on it. I think this was because I had a combination of my binder and my pants rubbing against it all at once. This was probably the most pain I've ever felt in my life and won't be doing another trip to Home Depot anytime soon...lesson learned!!

I knew from my research before going into this surgery that recovery from any kind of surgery for someone that used to be overweight/obese is a huge emotional/physical roller coaster. I, like so many others, am so afraid of gaining the weight back, because I have in the past and I know just how quickly it all comes back, especially compared to how long it takes to lose it! Exercise along with diet have become my way of controlling not gaining the weight back. So when you take away my ability to do one of these essential things, it's definitely a little scary and I feel very out of control. I'm trying not to emotionally eat at this point, but have honestly found myself doing it a couple times over these last few days. I think I just need to remember to be kind to myself during this really difficult physical/emotional time. My body is going through a lot of changes right now, and I need to show it the gentle loving care it deserves.

After the straining from the constipation and the horrible experience walking around yesterday, my body was definitely very sore and very tired. Unfortunately I had a really hard time getting comfortable in the recliner last night so I tried sleeping in my bed, which was even worse. I just couldn't find a comfortable position and it seemed like there was so much uncomfortable pressure on my sutures no matter if I was on my side or back. I finally fell asleep for about an hour on my right side but woke up very uncomfortable and ended up going back out to the recliner to sleep.

I know I have a long road of recovery ahead of me, and I've finally realized I need to stop pushing my body so hard to recover quickly. It's been through a lot over the last few days and really just needs lots of rest and gentle care at this point.

11 Days Post-Op & Feeling A Whole Lot Better!! :)

So I've had a LOT of ups and downs over the last few days! The nerve pain in my right groin was really starting to get me down, especially when I started having similar nerve pains pop up in a couple other incision sites as well. The pain was getting pretty unbearable and I definitely had a couple breakdown crying sessions, and I rarely cry! I was really starting to get worried about my recovery if I had to deal with this pain for weeks or even months, especially since I'm supposed to be back at work in just in a couple week and I have a very highly physically demanding job in the healthcare field where I'm having to constantly lift heavy things and move patients around multiple times throughout the day. But I'm ecstatic to report that the nerve pain in my right groin area is almost completely gone, and the other nerve pains I have usually only happen now when I've been walking or standing for long periods. I'm actually not really having a lot of pain at this point in time YAYYY!! It was starting to really get to me and worry me that this was going to be a long-term thing having to deal with this nerve pain, especially after I did some research about it online that said it could last anywhere from days to weeks to months to years and there was no way of telling how long it would take to go away. But I'm finally feeling like I'm on the mend now and feeling more and more like myself again every day!

I did have about 4 really rough days of having a VERY swollen and raw throat. It pretty much hurt to swallow anything and it burned to drink anything other than water. I thought maybe I was getting sick, but my Dr's office said it's more than likely from being intubated during the surgery. I remember having a little bit of a sore throat for about 2-3 days after surgery, but then it went away, so I thought it was pretty weird that it all of a sudden came back with a vengeance! I pretty much went on a liquid and very soft food diet for a few days though just to let my throat heal a little and it's finally feeling better thankfully so I guess it really was from the tube from surgery.

I was having a lot of concern about some of my incisions possibly turning into infections because of how red they were and I had a slightly elevated temperature one evening. I had another check-up with my Dr. yesterday and he agreed that there may be some concern for infection so I started an Antibiotic just to be safe last night. But other than that, he said the other redness around my front incisions looked normal and said everything else was healing up nicely. I was hoping to get at least 1 of my 3 drains out at my appointment yesterday, but unfortunately they're still all producing over 30cc. I had hope for one of them because it was at 20cc the day before my surgery but it decided to put out over 30cc in the morning just before my appointment on Friday, so that didn't happen. But honestly, I'd rather the drains stay in a little longer, than come out too soon and cause issues further down the line, or worse yet, have to be put back in!

I've started to get out of the house more and drove on my own for the first time on Tuesday, just 8 days post-op. I was getting really bad cabin fever and just needed to get out of the house, even if it was to just run to the drug store 1 mile down the road to get more supplies lol Definitely stock up on gauze, medical tape, alcohol wipes and Bacitracin or Neosporin before any kind of major surgery, you'll thank yourself for it later, because you go through a TON of it during recovery!

I started trying to sleep in my bed again instead of the recliner because I wanted to give my incisions on my backside a chance to heal, they were getting really red and possibly infected. Plus I usually like sleeping on my side so it's been a little difficult sleeping on my back in a recliner. The first night I transitioned over, I slept the first half of the night in the recliner and the second half in my bed. It was really rough that first night and I only slept about 4 hours in my bed, before saying screw it and just wake up because I was so uncomfortable. Plus I tend to toss and turn a lot throughout the night, and it was really hard for me to change from one side to the other because everything just ached and burned when I moved around. The second night sleeping in bed wasn't as bad though, and I slept about 8 hours, on and off, and made sure to set an alarm to take my pain meds every 4 hours so I wouldn't wake up miserable and not able to move in the morning. The 3rd night sleeping in my bed was last night and I slept 12 hours!! I got up once to go to the bathroom and got up a couple other times to take Acetaminophen. I've been slowly getting off of the pain meds the last couple days. I've only been taking them at night to initially fall asleep because they make me really tired, and then the rest of the night and during the day I've been taking 500mg of Acetaminophen about every 6 hours. My body has been really achy the last couple days though, and I've heard that can sometimes be a withdrawal symptom from the pain meds. I'm not sure if the achiness is from that, or if it's just because I'm not taking as strong of pain meds anymore so I may just be feeling more discomfort because of that. The achiness isn't unbearable most of the time, and thankfully it's getting better as the days go on.

I'm feeling hopefully that I'm really on the mend now with my recovery. I went for almost a mile long walk tonight before bed, which was a huge accomplishment! I was feeling a little achy and uncomfortable towards the end of the walk, but nothing too unbearable or painful. Every day is getting easier and easier to get up and down and I don't feel as stiff moving around. I'm able to bend over easier and further every day without feeling too much of a stretching sensation along my incisions. I feel like I'm finally starting to feel like myself again and can't wait to start getting back to normal activities and spending time with friends and family again. I'm not as tired as I was last week, and I think that has a lot to do with the pain meds, they were making me extremely tired when I was taking them. I don't really feel exhausted like most people say they do during recovery, although I've never been much of a napper so that may have something to do with it. After my Dr. appointment yesterday I actually ran errands for about 4 hours and didn't really feel that tired after I got home. I feel really lucky that I'm feeling this good this quickly after surgery, but I've also tried really hard to push myself from the beginning to get up and walk around the house multiple times throughout the day even the first day after surgery. I've been trying to get outside every day since about day 3 post-op and go for about a 5-10 minute walk outside, even when I was in a lot of pain. It's definitely paid off though because now, only 11 days after surgery, I've made it up to walking about 20 minutes at a time at a pretty brisk pace. I'm also trying my best to get in my 8 cups of water a day and eating a really healthy diet with lots of protein, fruits and veggies. Although I haven't really had much of an appetite over the last few days, I've been forcing myself to eat every 2-3 hours to stay well nourished. I think exercise, diet and keeping a positive attitude have really helped speed up my recovery a lot, and I'm very fortunate to be doing as well as I am :) Fingers crossed that everything just keeps getting better from here!

The pictures I've posted are from 8 Days Post-op on Wednesday, August 31st. I'll try to post some more updated ones soon!
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful