Saline to Silicone Implant Revision

I want to start off by saying thank you to...

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone that has contributed on Real Self as your experiences and reviews helped motivate me in making my decision to do a breast implant revision. I originally had a breat lift in 2007, and a year later in 2008 had saline mentor 450cc mentor implants (BWD 13.5) put in. Over the years the rippling has gotten increasingly worse. I feel that I have some of the most severe rippling I have seen in implants. Well I have decided to give this another try and switch out my salines for Sientra textured round 565cc (BWD 14) implants in an effort to eliminate rippling and help my breast feel and look more natural. I am nervous that in the end I will still be left with bad rippling, but I am also hoping that this revision will fix my issues. I guess I won't know until I try. I am going to Dr. Stridde in Kirkland, WA because he did my prior two surgeries nearly a decade ago and did a great job.

For any women that have any advice, opinions, etc on breast implant revision surgery, please share as I am a little nervous about my upcoming surgery.

First day post-op

I went in for surgery this morning and had a great experience. The facilities Dr. Stridde uses were beauftiful and clean. The nurse and anesthesiologist were equally wonderful as well. I do not remember anything from the surgery, just waking up with with new breasts. I do have drains in and hopefully will be getting them removed Friday. I have taken one picture post-op as I am not up for photos, but I will take more tomorrow. Healing is going okay and breasts are not too high.

1 Day Post Op

So far, so good. I am pretty sore and still draining, but everything seems to be progressing nicely. I can get my drains removed once they drain less than 30cc in a 24 hour period. Not quite there yet, but hopefully soon.

I need some encouragement

So I am 2 days post op and am starting to get worried that they may not drop or get soft. I know it is too early to tell, but I guess I just didn't expect them to be so high since I already had a pocket with this being a revision. I really liked the overall shape of my breasts before the revision and am hoping that my end result will be a natural look with more lower pole fullness than upper. However, when I went to my follow up appointment today things seemed a bit off and my doctor mentioned that they seemed high and did not really have a lot to offer in ways of how they may change in the next few weeks.

For the revision ladies out there, did you have natural results despite implants starting out high and firm/hard?

3 Days Post Op

Scar close-up
Here are some new pics that show the scar better. Not sure how it will heal...

5 Days Post-Op

Just trying to take things one day at a time. Still have drains in, but I think once they get removed I will start feeling so much better.

Drains Removed

I finally got my drains removed today and am feeling a bit better! The nurse at Dr. Stridde's office, Tracy, is absolutely amazing. She has been so supportive through this whole process and did a great job removing the drains so it didn't hurt too bad. I will post more pics on Monday when I get my stitches removed to keep you guys updated.

10 Days Post Op

So I have finally noticed some dropping, but my breasts are still very firm and fake looking compared to my implants I had before. I am not sure if they will ever take on a more "natural" shape.

16 days post-op

I'm not sure why my breasts are so misshapen, but I am praying it is part of the dropping process? Only time will tell.

1 Month Update

So I made it to the 1 month mark and feeling a lot better emotionally and physically. My right breast is still doing a weird thing on the bottom where it slopes up. I'm hoping it resolves itself on it's own without having to go in for yet another revision. At this point only time will tell so trying to not stress about it and just check in with my doctor at my next appointment in November. Has anyone experienced something similar in their healing process?
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon