33 Year Old Woman with 7mm Overbite

Hello all, my name is Melodie and I have my...

Hello all, my name is Melodie and I have my surgery date scheduled....finally! I'm a 33 year old Mother of one. I've been waiting for this surgery since I was 21 years old but haven't had the money or insurance to do so. I'm excited for this journey and even with reading the scary stories with the good I'm going to take a chance! I'm ready to change my bite for the better. I've been so self conscious my whole life with my profile and how my smile is so I'll be posting many pics and keeping everyone updated. I'm actually getting my surgery done on base here where my husband is currently stationed. One of the Military doctors are preforming the surgery. I've heard the Doctor Shirley is the best! So, my mind is at ease. Please let me know if anyone has any questions I can answer...I'll be happy to let you know anything! :) stay tuned for my new face and outlook on life!

Surgery next week. December 9th!!

It's getting close and I'm getting anxious and surprisingly not nervous. I guess I'm just ready to get it over with. I got my surgery hooks on last week and man do they hurt. Whew! But, not anything compared to jaw surgery. Well, included are some photos of before and after my surgery hooks were added. Ask me any questions you have....I'll be happy to help! :)
Doctor Shirley

Dr. Shirley is personable and made me feel so comfortable about the procedure. Let's just say I'm ready to go under! :) My face is in his hands. :)