Twelve (12) Nasal Surgeries and Still Going Through Hell! - Katonah, NY

I've had ten nasal surgeries since 1982. To...

I've had ten nasal surgeries since 1982. To correct a valve collapse, a Proplast was inserted in 1990 by Dr. Craig Foster (NYC). 19 years later, the Proplast was infected and caused a major staph infection that resulted in losing half my nose (and spending 10 days at Lenox Hill Hospital on an IV). I've been to countless surgeons (even the famous Dr. Nassif from Beverly Hills) and only a select few were willing to take on the reconstruction. In the past six years, three surgeons have done reconstructions. The past two failed miserably. To date, I have my hip bone (which is the bridge of my nose) and a rib graft which is my tip. The swelling is so immense and I'm in constant pain. The last surgery (12/3/15) was over eight (8) hours long. My question is there any way to expedite the swelling? Each surgeon swears that they have made the nose longer but I'm disappointed every time. I'm left with a stubby, short nose. This has put such a hold on my life. I was once a beautiful woman and I won't stop trying until I'm happy.

Before any surgery