52 and Ready to Be Rid of Saline Implants, Under Local , No Lift - Kansas City, MO

First thank you so much to all of you have posted...

First thank you so much to all of you have posted your stories and pics on this site. It has given me courage and helped me to learn, and for that i am forever grateful to the brave ladies who post here. I'm not brave enough to post a pic yet, but I will try to work up to it. After 11 years, my saline implants are coming out! That old Frank Sinatra song , "I gotta be me..." was all I could think of as I drove home from the PS office today. I started out an A cup, and am now a 36D and ready to feel lighter and less matronly. I am post menopause and about 30 pounds heavier than when I got them put in. I sed to run, do tons of Pilates and had a svelte frame back then and was still not confident with my appearance. In So. Calif. where I used to live, so many gals have breast augmentation. Anyway, I did it too, and immediately regretted it. It hurt so bad! I recall sitting up in bed the night of my BA and tears streaming down my face saying "what did I do!". Anyway, fast forward 11 years, and tops don't fit me right, my boobs get in the way of my arms moving properly (sounds weird but its true), they are heavy and I find myself holding them if I have to run downstairs. It's ridiculous. I am older and don't want to face a surgery in my 60s or 70s, so now when I am healthy and well I am taking care of business. I suspect that my neck, shoulders and upper back are going feel better after this is done too. I won't lie...I am nervous. Even though I know this is what I want to do, I'm wondering what the end result will be. I am not getting a lift, and am doing the removal under local. I didn't think I would want that, but I am really happy with the option now. My capsules a very soft, so my PS thinks this should be fine. What a blessing. I am scheduled for 3 months from now, a week before my 53rd birthday. Happy Birthday to me. :)

tomorrow is the day!

I am sitting here and thinking wow...tomorrow is the day I get my implants out. Just wanted to say thanks again to all of you ladies who posted here and gave me the courage to go through with this. I am looking forward to it being over with and letting the healing begin. A tad bit nervous, but those who have posted that they had the removal under local said it was pretty much a breeze so that makes me feel a lot better. See ya on the other side!!!!