52 Yr Old / Implant Removal / Kansas City, MO

I am considering removing my implants that are 12...

I am considering removing my implants that are 12 yrs old and also having a Tummy Tuck. Implants are under the muscle. I have some slight pain in the left. I had a mammogram and it has not been the same since. No change in shape or feel. Has anyone used the Residents Clinic at KU Medical Center?

Talking to spouse

Does anyone have advice on how to tell my husband what I am going to do? He might freak out about me removing my implants. He's only ever known me itch them.

IMPLANT REMOVAL ONLY

No tummy tuck at this time. I've decided to try and lose about 25lbs first to see how that makes me feel. I am doing the implant removal. I've become very concerned about mammograms and whether or not they can detect breast cancer with implants. I'm also just done. I don't need them anymore. They served me well but it's time for them to go. Now I need to get the husband on board. He's only ever known me with them. Yikes!

Consultation Friday!

First consultation is Friday. Still haven't told my husband. I'm more worried about that than anything else. I'm so thankful to have found all of you. I have recently had some bad news about my health and that is one of the reason I am doing this. I will be facing challenges in the future and I don't want these to be one of them. I'm also just done. I don't know what I was thinking when I got them. I cant handle this kind of power. Hahaha! I want my itty bitties back!

Surgery scheduled!

Surgery is scheduled for March 23rd! So excited! Dr. Rast is using a local and no drains. I can't believe this is actually happening. Now to get the husband on board. I hope he doesn't lose his mind.

Had Two

A young woman goes to a dinner party with a head-cold. Her dress had no pockets for a tissue so she stuffs one into each cup of her bra. During the dinner party she feels a sneeze coming on. She discreetly rummages inside her left cup, but is unable to find anything. She notices that the man next to her is watching. “Sorry,” she whispers. “But I’m sure I had two when I arrived.”

Hallelujah!

Talked/wrote a letter to my husband. He's being so supportive. I'm lucky it could have gone either way. Surgery in 10 days! The doc is going through my original incision at the nipple. Anyone else had explant through the nipple?

Last pics pre explant.

Here are a few pics before my explant on 3/23.
Before BA I was an A/small B with implants I am a full D. I don't remember the size but I do remember they are high profile. Hope these help someone else. I found the before and after pics extremely helpful.

4 more days!

It's the middle of the night here and I'm wide awake. Sleep has eluded me for many years now. Maybe due to the stupid implants? I don't know. Not sleeping gives you a lot of time to think. I've felt so stupid for so long about these dumb implants. Now I realize we are all just human and this was just a mistake. Accept ourselves for who we are flaws and all. Easy to say hard to do.

Nerves!

Feeling nervous about tomorrow. I won't be getting much sleep tonight. Wish me luck!

They're OUT

This exactly what I remembered looking like before Boobageddon! I already love my knew old looks.

More pics.

Very concave. Give it time right? I'm nervous. My husband was supportive but on the way over said he didn't want me to do this and now he's being very quiet. I wish he understood what I am going through.

I did find out that the surgeon who put the implants in used 500cc overfilled to 550cc or 600cc. Makes me angry because before I went to sleep we talke d about only 350cc. He almost doubled it!

Dr. Rast is amazing! He was so gentle and showed true concern for my well fare. He made sure that nothing hurt during the surgery.

The procedure was really quick and painless. The local didn't really hurt that much. He used the same incision around the nipple. Starting to feel pain at my incision.

I keep telling myself "Give it time. Give it time. "

Emotional Support

As I sit here crying all I can think is that I am sooooo grateful for ALL of you here on this forum. I honestly don't know if I would have gone through this surgery if not for all of the support that you have given me. I'm so emotional I can't stop crying. I'm really not in much pain and yes they don't look great right now but I feel so HAPPY that they are gone and out of my body. I should have the ONLY say when it comes to my body and my health. I don't know how to deal with how my husband is acting. I'm mostly trying not to be angry.

It's the little things.

I can cross my arms in front of me for the first time in 12 years!

1 week PO

These photos look pretty good but I'm still really concave. I will say that it's getting better. I know now that you just have to be patient. It really does take time. I'm going to post pics every week because you can tell a difference week by week but not really day to day. I feel so amazing! I don't regret my decision at all. My husband us being an a-hole but I don't care. This is my body and I get to make the decisions. I don't feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest. I can cross my arms in front of me for the first time in 12 years. I don't have stabbing pains in my breasts. I don't feel like a freak show. I can wear t shirts that say stuff. I can wear loose clothes and not look pregnant. YOGA! Yoga is so much better. I love the way I look!

Post Op Appt

I had my first and only post op appt. when my doc saw how happy I am he got he bugged smile on his face. He has been amazing. I have had no problems. No drains, no fluid build up, no pain. If anyone in the Kansas City area needs a doc you should think about going to Dr. Jon Rast. He's awesome. I'll post more photos next week but I can tell you things are looking good!

2 Weeks PO!

I can't stop smiling! I look in the mirror and realize how much I missed myself all these years. It's crazy. So many things are better I can't even list them all. Still hopeful that I will fluff more.

Weird?

Here's an odd turn of events. Before explant I never had to wear deodorant but now...B.O. gone wild! Could the implants have been blocking some gland or what not? We may never know.

3 Weeks PO

Laverne and Shirley are doing fine!

4 Weeks PO

Not much change. Still soooo happy!
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon