60 Years Old 4 New Dental Implants with Complete Upper Arch Redo - Jeffersonville, IN

I needed a few implants to replace missing teeth. ...

I needed a few implants to replace missing teeth. Money was a big factor for me, and Dr Long's price, at the time, was less than ½ the cost of my local dentists. I was so pleased with Dr. Long's skill in placing the implants, that I opted for a complete redo of all my upper teeth in order to fix my underbite condition. That involved putting new crowns on all my upper teeth, which changed the way they meet my lower teeth. This went according to plan, but it did take me more than a year to get used to my new bite. I would bite my tongue and sometimes my cheek accidentally. Overall, I am pleased with the workmanship and value provided by Dr. Long.
David, Dr Long's husband, actually crafts the crowns in the next room, and also acts as a dental assistant, which in my opinion is not such a good thing. He is obviously a skilled technician, with many years experience. But, I found it a bit unnerving that, as an assistant, he would get a bit hyper, try to take over and tell Dr. Long how to do her job. He also is a bit too rough when his big fingers are in your mouth, he just doesn't have the delicate touch, like his wife. It's not so bad that you should avoid their office, but just a "heads up" so you won't be surprised. Together they make a great team, but I think it would make for a much better patient experience if they hired an assistant for Dr Long, and kept David in the lab until his opinion was needed (and then send him right back to the lab again).

update after 4 years

UPDATE: It has been almost 4 years now since getting the implants from Dr. Long.    I still am very happy with the results.  Having good teeth and the option to eat any food I desire is a real plus.    I have also been having the very best dental check-ups of my life, having NO cavities or problems.  Having good teeth has helped me to take much better care of them, with daily brushing and flossing and using cavity fighting mouthwash.  If you are thinking about getting implants, I highly recommend calling David or Dr. Long.

Louisville Dentist

I think you will like the calm and pleasant demeanor of Dr Long, especially her skill in placing the implants with no pain at all. I don't think I felt anything at all during the placement of the final implant, and did not need any pain medication at all after one day. I would recommend Dr. Long to everyone.