Done at Last! 3800 Grafts

Here we go then, a trip into the unknown, here's...

Here we go then, a trip into the unknown, here's my little story about having my hair ripped out the back of my head and then stuck back on the top, weird when you think of it like that but that's basically the procedure.
(Very clever though!)

I'll start with the basics, I'm 45 years old now and my hair has slowly been getting worse since I was about 30, although the last couple of years it's got particularly bad which prompted me getting this procedure done.

I think going bald has crept up on me and I also think I've been in some sort of self denial too, for instance, I'd look in the mirror at home and think "yeah my hair looks ok" passable at best, then I'd go out in the daylight have a photo taken or catch a glimpse in a shop window and think SHIT! I'M BALD! How did that happen!
The one that really done it for me was catching a glimpse directly on top of my head on a security camera, that wasn't a good day I can tell you! My hair was thinner than a size 0 supermodel.
So here I am, getting it done.

I've done a lot of research regarding hair transplants, price, reviews, pictures, clinic background etc, finally deciding on Transest in Turkey.
Booking it was easy, I contacted Transest via email and Dr. Ahmed Altan got back to me straight away, I sent some pictures and booked a flight to confirm the day and that was it! Bingo! I'm in.

I have often thought whilst reading other peoples reviews on the realself website, is this real? are these people real? are these reviews real? (Maybe it's just my sceptical untrusting mind!)
Well I can definitely say this review is a real one because I'm doing it. (If that makes sense)

Im writing this on the day of the procedure Thurs 6th October.
I must say I am a bit nervous but I suppose that's normal.

Quick mention to peterhoward1, thanks for the tips and advice, All very helpful.

I'll do some updates over the next few days and hopefully post some pictures too.

Day three, back at home

Not a great nights sleep, but ok. i have found that those sleep cushions for airplanes are great, that has helped a lot in regards to getting comfortable at night. good for helping you sleep a little more upright. would recommend buying one if your going to have the procedure.

First wash tomorrow, looking forward to that as it still looks a bit bloody!

14 days after!

14 days after my op and its all going OK so far!
Really itchy irritated back of the head in the first week, trying not to scratch is a challenge but that is all gone now.
Everything seems to be healing up nicely.
Washing hair normally now too.
All is good.

Week 7!

That's gone quick!
I've been enjoying the full head of hair look for the last few weeks, it's been great!
Sadly though it looks like my hair days are numbered, well...for now anyway.

Noticed it getting a lot thinner this week but I'm still happy because I know what's hopefully coming. Everything seems to be right on track.

I've had a fair bit of tingling and have been wanting to scratch, but trying to itch something when you have no feeling is a weird experience! (Parts of my head still feel very numb) it's coming back to life slowly, so I'm not worried.

I've posted some photos from week 3-7 but as you can see they all look pretty much the same as I've been cutting it and keeping it all short, think I'll wait until after xmas to let it grow a bit. That should be 3 months then..

I'll keep you posted.
Dr. Ahmed ALTAN

The Dr was great, explained everything well, very nice man, spoke good English, would definitely recommend.