4000 Graft FUSS HT - Dr Karadeniz - Istanbul. Turkey, TR

I arrived in Istanbul on 16th December and after...

I arrived in Istanbul on 16th December and after only 6 hours sleep headed of to the clinic the next morning at 8.45.I met Dr K at 9am whereupon we discussed the options . Dr K's opinion was that 4000 grafts plus would be required , to provide a good camouflage density to the frontal area and mid scalp regions . The crown would be untouched on this occasion , but sufficient grafts remaining should a further procedure be required . In consideration of my level of hair loss and the donor area characteristics , we agreed upon FUSS as the initial choice , with a potential further FUE the following day if the strip alone were to be insufficient for my requirements .

The usual pre-op photos were taken and hair design marked out . At around 10am the procedure commenced and I was on the operating table , and the first anaesthetic injections were administered along the strip line . These were pretty much painless , which was good as I was expecting worse . Much less painful that a dentists needle . Didn't take long for the head to be suitably numb and the strip procedure commenced by Dr K . I was aware of things happening at the back of my head , but that's all it was , a slight sensation .On completion , the strip was passed on to the technicians for dissection .

With the strip removed , a lunch break was taken . Upon returning to the surgery, the technicians reported that in excess of 4000 grafts were taken .

On to the operating table once again and the recipient area was anaesthetised . Dr K made all the recipient site incisions . Again , I was aware of things happening , but was not painful in the slightest. Whilst the recipient incisions were being made , a team of technicians were dissecting and preparing the grafts .

Dr K made the initial graft placements to check for any potential popping ( elevation ) of the grafts . There appeared to be no issues , and the graft placement commenced , undertaken by a team of technicians . Strangely enough , although the time period from commencement of surgery to completion was around 9 hours , it didn't seem to drag at all .

Grafts were more densely placed at the frontal area and taper off to the rear .

I left the surgery around 7pm and returned to my hotel. Sleep that night was intermittent , although pain killers and other medication were taken to reduce pain / swelling .

I returned to the clinic the next morning for the hair wash and post-op instructions given .
Luckily enough , no swelling was suffered and little pain experienced - everything appears well .

I will update post op photos periodically .

3 Month update

Just a quick update as I'm just past the 3 month mark . Things are going fine and I've had some growth already which I'm happy with .

Will update again in a month or so .

4 Month update

Just passed the 4 month mark .

Just had my first proper hair cut post op ( no. 3 to 4 on the clippers ) and I'm very pleased with the progress to date . The scar is no longer visible even after a fairly short hair cut , so really happy about that .

Over he past month , my hair seems to be maturing and plenty of new grafts popping up at the moment . Hoping the good progress continues , but will update gain at the 5 or 6 month mark .

Any questions fire away !

5 Month update

Just hit the 5 month mark and I'm very pleased with the way things are progressing . I've still a good 7 months to get an impression of the full likely result , and feel that things are going accordance to my expectations .Noticed a good change from month 4 to month 5. I have a hairline again for the first time in many years . It's a nice feeling to go to the gym and not see a bald man looking back at myself in the mirror . It's also good at the new sense of self esteem it provides . I've posted below a few photo's I took in the past few days. I'll post a better selection of photo's in my 6 month update .Any comments / questions welcome .

6 Month update

Just passed the 6 month mark and things are going well - big difference between the 4 and 6 month marks , and hopefully more to come .

A few photo's are attached showing hair under different lighting conditions .

8 month update

Just wrote brief update details , but for some reason it disappeared .

Anyway , not going to type it all ago except to say I'm happy with the progress still another 10 months for more grafts to pop up ( hopefully ) and emerging hairs to mature .
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr Karadeniz was very positive from initial enquiry to post-op instructions . Airport transfers and hotel accommodation were first class.The boutique clinic itself was modern and clean , and staffed by friendly but very professional technicians.